Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I agree but Rodgers has been in the league a long time. Guy is a gamer. That said, he wasn't great in a "win and we're in" game last year against Detroit. Hopefully he's rejuvenated and has a monster year for us.

#701 bicketybam, Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    BleedJetsGreen1981, ouchy and Acad23 like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Exactly! Some of our posters are so jaded they ought to just stop following the team for their own mental health. They're no longer fans. They're critical and doubtful of everything. They're miserable, and just inflict the rest of us with their misery.

3. bicketybam

I consider myself to be on the optimistic side of the Jets fandom scale but I can't really get on the "enough already, just win" crowd. I'm super excited that Rodgers is our QB but it doesn't come without risks. He's 39 years old and just had the worst season of his career. That said, his worst season would be a career season for a Jets QB

Acad23 likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not "on" them. I totally understand why they think/feel that way. It's just obvious that they're unhappy and not enjoying anything about the team. They're torturing themselves. Life is too short. It's just not worth it. They're kind of like rubberneckers at a car wreck. They can't stop looking.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and LAJet like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Realism is not equal to pessimism. Besides, to think that being “negative” about the Jets affects one’s life that much is hilarious.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well stated.

The Jets have lured me into the "hope zone" more than once.
    During those times I always waited for the other shoe to drop... and it always landed on my head.

I'd love to say that this season is different... but it's not. At least not yet.
    I'll cheer for the team... but the Jets gotta put up wins.

We've all put up with enough bullshit from this team.

Go JETS!

7. bicketybam

Realistically this team should win a minimum of 9 games and that would be disappointing.

Realistically they have a top defensive line and secondary. They have a great playmaking wide receiver in Wilson and if Hall can return to form they have a dynamic RB. They have a future hall of fame QB that should be the best we've had since VT's magical 1998 year.

Realistically the OL is a huge question mark. I also question our head coach. I'm not sure if he will good or not.

Overall there is more positive than negative but it has to translate to wins. That's the bottom line.

HomeoftheJets, Ralebird and NY Jets68 like this.
  8. bicketybam

You blow with the wind, lol. Let me know how you feel tomorrow

Acad23 likes this.
  9. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

They won 7 games with crap at QB and a decimated OL.
    They have a QB and the OL, well, we shall see.
    Hopefully Rodgers is good for at least another 3-5 wins.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

We all know the past; how that advertises the future is far from a given. What's the hurry to celebrate?

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Just stop! Stop trying to convince us that anyone who disagrees with you is not in their right mind. There's nothing wrong with you entertaining your fantasies for the future but to repeatedly scold those who would rather deal with the reality of the situation and wait for the future to play out than to join you on rainbow-leaping unicorns is just plain wrong.

It is you who has claimed of being "conditioned to have a fear," about "being disappointed, let down, made a fool of by the Jets." You're the one who admits to "panicking at the first hint of a struggle or bad news." It's you who finds yourself "having to fight mentally" and have had your "hopes crushed." Why allow yourself to see the "pervading culture as overwhelmingly negative and pessimistic"? And why ascribe your problems with being a fan to anyone else?

I've been a Jets fan for a few years longer than you but I disagree wholeheartedly with you when you claim "anyone who has been a Jets fan for more than a hot minute is depressed to some extent and lost hope. Without hope, life can be harsh, unrelenting, and depressing." That may describe someone who feels the need to periodically depart whenever their rainbow explodes but most of us are perfectly fine with dealing with reality. Instead of trying to change the outlook of others perhaps you should work on your own.

Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member