Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Zach needs at least that much mentoring... o_O

2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I don’t buy it for a second

3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I don't either. Craig Carton has never been a reliable source. Plus he posted this the day he retired from WFAN I think he just wanted to give one last jab to the Pats for his swan song.

JetFanInNE and stinkyB like this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What I don't buy is that Rodgers "wanted" to be a Jet because only kids getting drafted do. More like they just want to be somewhere if they're not top flight talent. Flake turd Rodgers just "wants" to be anywhere he can be Mighty Mouse or Under Dog (heh) or whatever the fck to save the day, look at me and my awesomeness.

I honestly don't understand why he didn't just bleed Green Bay dry, retire, and then sit in his living room, laugh, and roll in wall to wall cash. He was able to do that regardless. Oh, right, silly me. Flake turd with a God complex.

I'm not cherry picking any games this year. Dogshit seats in nosebleed with bad sight lines are starting at $200. Price gouge much? The Jets can kiss my royal ass.

If the Jets are in the toilet come December with slashed prices maybe I'll go sit in the cold at The New Dump out of spite.

#664 jetophile, Jun 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2023
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Ptflea2 likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ralebird and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  7. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Writer’s strike still going?

Acad23 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

From BroBible:

https://brobible.com/sports/article...odgers-can-break-passing-records-this-season/

While I think he's capable of that, especially if the Jets' OL stays healthy and performs at the level of which they're capable, that would really be something at 39 years old. From Boomer's lips to God's ears!!!!!

9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It is, but that doesn't affect Steve Serby, I mean me.

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bill Barnwell ranked each QB situation by their supporting cast. He had the Jets ranked 22

Concerns about Breece Hall's knee first but he made this point

"The organization traded Elijah Moore, cut Braxton Berrios after the season and cleared a path in the process for two certified friends of Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure those were positive moves. Wideouts Allen Lazard and Randall Cobb afford Rodgers some level of familiarity within the offense, but they weren't helping the Packers last season.

Rodgers posted a 62.2 QBR when Cobb and Lazard were on the sideline, but when one or both of those wideouts were on the field, his QBR dropped by 23 points (39.2). In other words, with those guys off the field, Rodgers was the fifth-best quarterback in football. With one or both involved, he ranked 26th."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/st...receiver-tight-end-running-back-rankings-2023

Ralebird likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Not that guy again...

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'm just going to throw this in this thread.

There were so many people that wanted no part of Rodgers and/or felt we gave up too much for him. Since the trade, he's done everything you could ever wish for. Some people have admitted they changed their mind about AR. Some have remained noticeably silent. But it's pretty obvious that Aaron Rodgers is all-in on winning with the Jets. He's genuinely happy to here. I can't think of the last "star" player that came here that wasn't motivated by money. Rodgers truly wants to win. What a change from years past and a lot of that credit goes to Woody and Joe Douglas. [​IMG]

14. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Pay cut. He got a massive 7 year deal at his age.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

15. bicketybam

Typical.

He gets paid for all 7 years?

16. bicketybam

This is a team friendly contract. At some point they will eat dead money but the guy gave up 30+ million over the next two years. That's a fact.

17. bicketybam

In case you missed this.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree Rodgers has been doing all the right things since he came here, and he's here for the right reasons. But the biggest concern has always been whether he's still a top QB physically, not the off the field silliness. And we won't find that out until the games start.

Ralebird and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. bicketybam

Agree 100% Hopefully he is still 80% of his MVP self because that should be enough to get us to the dance.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I also would be wary of getting too giddy about the pay cut.

Rodgers is worth $200+ million and doesn’t live an overly lavish lifestyle nor does he have any family. I agree that he’s all in and sees himself playing for multiple years.

I could see an up and down 8-9 year similar to what he did last year and he just does his whole exasperated thing where he’s tired and blah blah. I don’t think he was scared of walking away from the money in retirement. I think he was just going to be bored and likes the camaraderie.

Just a thought. Might be unusual to think about but he’s one of the few people where I think he can stomach walking away from $50 million and not really care.