Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I think it means Woody Johnson was up JD's butt.

3. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

What a Joke a 1st and a 2nd for a guy who is 40 and was 90% retired and had no suitors but us, common in what sense of reality is this a good trade? On top of that you gotta pay this guy 110 mil for 2 years while we could of had Carr for no compensation for 4 years and only 40 mil more for those 4 years. On top of that Jd has done absolutely nothing to fix our weakest link last year which is the offensive line, this has the making of disaster written all over it and the Packers will be drafting top 10 in 2024 when Rodgers retires and Zack Wilson is our starting Qb again. If you want to bring in Rodgers fine but don't spend our top tier draft capital when no one even offered a 7th round pick for him and if you do bring Rodgers build a offensive line first not spend all our money on 5 wide receivers. Disaster offseason for Jd, can't wait till him and Saleh are gone next year, unless Jd hits a homerun in the draft with a offensive lineman Aaron Rodgers will look like a better version of Joe Flacco there next year, He went from a good offensive line to one of the worst. And at 40 isn't mobile like he once was. Jd is a moron and got fleeced no matter how you look at it. He bid against himself and took on a enermous contract to boot. No team other than the Jets, not even his own team wanted Rodgers and his stupid absurd contract, the hell you giving a 1st and a 2nd round pick for him for what are you a clueless moron Jd? I thought Carolina giving up a bunch of 1st this offseason was the worst trade this offseason, but this is by far the worst trade this offseason and will probally go down as one of the worst trades in Jets history.

#383 jets4848, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  4. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

No question here. If they get him on a 3 or 4 year deal at $10 million or so per year, so they have lots of money to pursue other players, that would be awesome.

NYJetsO12 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I know some people have cited Russell Wilson being terrible for the Broncos, which is totally viable. I feel like this would be worst-case scenario.

I think we all hope that AR has a Brady or Manning effect. With record breaking performances and a Superbowl. This is obviously best-case scenario.

AR is a lot closer to Brady or Manning than he is Russell Wilson, so that's where I'm putting all my hopes

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Really?

7. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Another fact that no one is mentioning in this trade is that Jd has failed to fix the Offensive line for 4 freakin years now, Aaron Rodgers who is a immobile quarterback at this point will go from one of the best offensive lines to maybe the worst, already off a down year, common this has disaster written all over it, if you going to bring Aaron Rodgers I am ok with it but don't give away valuable draft capital or spend all your money on wide receivers when we have done nothing to protect him, what is Jd thinking. How is Ar going to even be successful when he has no one to protect him. How frustrated is he gonna get when he gets sacked 10 times a game? A hurt thumb will be the least of his worries.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I mean when you're right, you're right.

It's not like the Bengals, Seahawks, Giants, Bills, Dolphins, Jaguars, and Chargers all finished in the bottom half of PFF's Final 2022 OL Rankings AND made the playoffs last year.

Wait...

9. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Becton is a big question mark, but could be a huge upgrade if he's healthy. #15 will likely go towards upgrading the offensive line as well. Besides a talent infusion, just having a capable QB that is able to read defenses, call out proper protections & get rid of the football quick will make the existing O-Line look much better.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

For the "Jets have mortgaged their future" crowd:

Borat and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

They all have more mobile qb's than Aaron Rodgers at this point in his career. And if you are happy to trade a 1st and 2nd and take on a enermous contract just to maybe make the playoffs this year, that is sad. Unless everything goes right next year and we make the superbowl this will go down as a epic failure. Remember soon as Aaron Rodgers goes from 90% retired to 100% retired Wonder boy becomes our starting Qb again.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We passed on them already Ralebird And why? None were as good as AR ..they were still better than anything we had at QB in past 10 years

Now that ship has sailed..face it!

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  13. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

Yes, LFG!! I'm over the moon about this. Welcome Aaron, show all the doubters wrong.

I'm confident that Rodgers plays at least two, probably three seasons with the Jets, I don't think JD would've made this trade otherwise.

Now we can concentrate on the draft, ace that and we are golden.

Only downside for me is we most likely will be featured in more prime time games this season and I'll tell you that the day after is not fun after being awake all night, especially after a loss which I'm not expecting many with Aaron at the helm :D

Let's Gooooo!!!

BleedJetsGreen1981 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

If we are putting our hopes on Becton in being healthy or playing more than 4 games this season this year we are f-ed

15. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

We're not. Becton is a bonus if healthy. Why ignore the fact that a competent QB that can read defenses, set protections & not hold on to the ball to much plus the #15 and/or #43 pick can greatly improve the O-Line's performance?

16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Welcome back out of the shadows!

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  17. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

Because he will get killed behind this awful offensive line as he has lost his mobility, Joe Douglas has put a shit offensive line out there for 4 years straight what makes you think that will change huh? 1 bad hit and Wonder boy is back to being our starting Qb again, why would you bring in a aging immobile quarterback and not make 1 free agent signing or trade to fix a horrendous offensive line? That is just plain stupid. Almost as stupid as bidding against yourself and trading a 1st and 2nd away when no one even offered a 7th and your own team says they don't want you.

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Again, when you're right you're right:

Joe Burrow: 257 yards rushing
    Geno Smith: 68 yards rushing
    Tua Tagovailoa: 70 yards rushing
    Trevor Lawrence: 291 yards rushing
    Justin Herbert: 147 yards rushing

All those guys really put Aaron Rodgers at age 39 and his 94 yards rushing to shame. So immobile!

The only guys that support your argument are:

Daniel Jones: 708 yards rushing
    Josh Allen: 762 yards rushing

And even if I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you actually meant their pocket mobility...

His P2S% (Pressure to Sack %: % of pressures that turned into sacks) was 20.4% last year which was better than Burrow (22.9%) or Geno (21.1%) and only slight worse than Tua (18.9%) and Daniel Jones (18.7%).

Even at age 39, Rodgers wasn't this statue-esque QB like Brady was for most of his career.

#398 KY Jets Fan, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

For one thing, the Jets aren't giving up nearly as much as the Broncos did for RW. And while it can be argued that Wilson is younger, he certainly isn't healthier or more durable than Rodgers. And while Wilson is very good, he's also not as good as Rodgers.

When you add all of that up and compare deals, the Jets come out on top.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I think the argument is more that the jets gave away their future ability to select a top qb in the draft. I was one that said months back that the jets shouldn’t waste their young talented roster on old, half retired QBs. I said if they did do Rodgers for a year, I would still take a qb at 13 to use Rodgers as a bridge (which he is). But now, if Rodgers plays only one year (which is the most likely outcome at this point being that he was 90% retired last year and has been threatening retirement for like 4 years), then the jets have given away their right to a top young qb because they don’t have a first next year for his replacement. They will probably be in the colts cycle of hoping that old free agent QBs will work while wasting the careers of Jonathan Taylor, Darius Leonard, etc.

In order to prevent that, the jets should take a qb at 15 this year (they won’t, one may not even be available) or Hooker in the second, but they won’t do that. They’ll be one and done this year and won’t have the assets next year to draft a potential franchise guy. They’ll need to go the veteran qb route again next year if Aaron retires.

JetFanInNE likes this.