Aaron Rodgers is a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Apr 24, 2023.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah that's true, I'd still rather be the Jets than the Dolphins right now.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This time next year 50% of us will look like geniuses for our current take on the trade and the other half will look like asshats. I'd rather be on the optimistic side, why anyone would prefer the waah side I will never understand. Fact is noone knows if it's a good trade and won't till the end of next season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would have waited longer.

IIMeanDeanII and stinkyB like this.
  4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I wish their was a "fucking love this button"

Nyjets4eva and BroadwayAaron like this.
  5. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

The 2nd is basically Elijah Moore, so Moore, drop 2 spots in 1st and a 1st next year. If they go deep in the playoffs for 2 years+ i'm ok with that cost.

LAJet likes this.
  6. abyzmul

I see it as negating a good deal with a bad one.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Understood, but would you have walked away rather than take this deal? IOW: Is this a bad deal that you wouldn't have agreed to?

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets gave up #74 and Moore for the 2nd.

I've gotten to the point where I just reflexively hate JD's moves. At this point by record he is the worst Jets GM since whoever got stuck with Rich Kotite in '95 and '96. I think the actual damage is worse than that because I don't think the Jets will find a Parcells willing to come in and bail Woody out in 2 years.

teamgreen likes this.
  9. ArodtoJennings

ArodtoJennings Active Member

Congratulations on Getting our QB. Please take care of him for us.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. abyzmul

When it got to the point of the Jets losing leverage, I might have been content with the deal, if not happy about it. This seems out of character for Joe Douglas and has Woody's vaseline-smeared fingerprints all over it.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This Is exactly my point and I feel you understand what I'm trying to say within my layered rants right now.

This was a desperate move. It was a move that did not have the future's best interest at heart. If this fails, not only was this move a failure but this sets us up for further failure In the future.

As a fan. This fucking sucks because I truly do feel there will be a significant mess to be cleaned up If this doesn't work out.

I understand certain fans being so happy about this. I get it. It stems from 13 years of not making the playoffs. 50 plus years since winning a championship. I get that.

.. but, when you look beyond that temporary fix, which Is exactly what this Is.

There Is still a massive problem at QB after this temporary fix retires and JD just made that problem a hell of a lot worse by essentially giving away a first round pick next year for a bullshit condition with zero guarantees tied to It.

Not a good look when you look beyond the obvious here.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe. Or maybe there were other considerations we're not aware of that led to JD agreeing to this. After all, he's generally been the fleecer, not the fleecee, on trades.

Jets79 likes this.
  13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Ha, your outlook on the Jets is my current outlook on the rest of life lol

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

You always have a fantastic way of driving a point home. Well played. Well played.

This was the perfect description.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I think that was his point ;)

abyzmul likes this.
  16. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I think this is an awful deal for the Jets. I hope I am wrong and AROD plays great for at least 2 years.

Ralebird and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

They can express to their hearts contents. That’s what this forum is about. Raising an eyebrow that we had to wait several months is in the eye of the beholder, some think we should have waited longer and get him for free. Imagine that. But that wasn’t my point, all the cavalier comments about bending over and overpaying significantly are just opinions based on fear that AR will not perform to his standards or retire after a year, and are just that…fears, not facts, that will evaporate if he takes us to the playoffs as this team expects. If he does is a steal. In fact I think he is more of a sure thing than any draft selection. JD protected our 2023 picks to the largest extent possible exactly for one reason, to reach our goal in 2023. That is the plan. And if we have to give a 1st rounder in 2024, is because in all likelihood we have finally gotten a real contender deep in the playoffs. Better that the last 20 plus years.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Another issue with this trade that nobody's brought up yet is that unless Rodgers gets hurt, we will be giving Green Bay our 2024 first. Because if this blows up, the coaching staff is not going to care about our 2024 draft, knowing they won't be around for it, so they will play Rodgers the entire year.

19. IIMeanDeanII

He's not a FQB. He was another teams FQB who Is 40 years old and won't be here more than two years. Good chance he's only here for one.

A FQB Is a guy the Packers got with a 20 something pick In the first round for 15-16 years.

He's not that for us. He's a temporary fix for a desperate team, GM, and owner.

Ralebird likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is why you don’t run a PR tour when you get permission to visit with a player for potential trade

leverage went out the window the moment Woody Johnson found out he could have lunch with Rodgers

IIMeanDeanII likes this.