Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Oh, I can see GB leaking this.

I thought you meant the one a few days ago that was the above trade sans Davis

Putting the rumors together, we can almost see the negotiations real time.

JD: 43, 2024 1st, for AR and 2025 2nd rd conditional

BG: 43, 2024 1st, Corey Davis for AR and 2025 3rd

KR 43, 2024 1st, Corey Davis, for AR and David Bakhtiari

2. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

OK. Your post was to point out that the Packers have done an excellent job drafting because they hold on to their draft picks. My response is EVERY team holds on to their draft picks. So the standard of holding on to your draft choices is a MEANINGLESS one. It's no indication whatsoever that you drafted well. Some teams drafted very poorly ie the Jets with Mike Macagnan and guess what? He kept his draft choices with the Jets despite the fact that the Jets were 5-11, 5-11, and 4-12 from 2016 through 2018. Meanwhile, the Kansas City Chiefs also kept all of their draft choices and they went 12-4, 10-6, and 12-4 in those same years. Are you sensing a theme here? EVERY team holds on to their draft choices and that's why it's a meaningless standard. So to say something like "Brian Gutekunst is a good GM because he holds on to his draft choices" is foolish. It's a meaningless standard. Everyone does it and it's no indication of a good or bad draft. I can't believe I had to hold your hand and explain this to you. It should be obvious....

3. NYJ1970

Brook, you're a glory whore I'm sorry to tell you. You merging all of these threads to makes it look like you were the author of such threads. Very disingenuous Sir. My panties are officially in a bunch because of the way you merged these threads. You have no journalistic integrity!:)

#1343 NYJ1970, Mar 30, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    KingRoach likes this.
  4. NYJ1970

As far fetched as it may sound right now, I believe that is definitely a possible outcome of the moves the Jets are making right now....

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Man. Journalistic Integrity. I love it. :)

FYI - We try to let each thread live a few days before merging. After a while same topic is being discussed in many threads and making it difficult to follow. If I merged your thread too early my apologies :)

NYJ1970 and westiedog1 like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

And that was my point: I don't believe these rumors as being very accurate. It was leaked by GB, and I am just not convinced they are true. Just like I wasn't convinced when they leaked that it would take #13 to get it done earlier.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If I am JD I would be trying to get the Packers to take Laken Tomlinson and Zach Wilson off of our hands.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. KingRoach

Now you misunderstand me, I disagreed with the part in the bold:

it sounds as if the Jets are holding up the deal now”

I don’t believe it sounds as if the Jets are holding up the deal.

That’s the part I disagreed with.

On a side note: Based on your posts, I believe you’re going to be very disappointed when the trade goes through and we pay fair market value.

I hope that you’re spot on and we pay under market value.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Well, I wasn't coming across feeds like this before. But, doesn't really matter what it sounds like.

As far as fair compensation, a lot of people were saying before we will have to give up #13 and bunch more for this to be fair market value. Jets beat reporter Zach Blatt for instance just days ago. Now he posted a completely different proposal with just a small fraction of the original compensation, which I perceive as more reasonable. So, what is really a fair market value and what will actual value end up being? No one can really tell. I will not be very disappointed though as reports now are a lot more reasonable than two firsts that many people like Blatt were readily agreeing to, but still I think it will be even less that currently reported.

BacktoQueens and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Gio and Boomer make a good point

The Jets want a a "protection" pick ...by Douglas's own foolishness he puts ALL our QBS at risk with shitty protection, kicking the OL problem down the road. Hence, the fear that AR wont go for year 2 with us because of injury

That's a smart move to make up for your own (JDs ) ineptitude..kudos to him if he gets it.

BTW if all these deals eg AR plus OBJ play out GM Douglas goes from verge of being fired to possibly another contract...we shall see

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Honestly my take was not so much that JD is worried about AR getting hurt…I think he’s more worried that AR is 39 years old and has been talking about retirement for a couple years now.

so JD is looking for protection that AR doesn’t retire after this one season…

My opinion…

stinkyB and LAJet like this.
  12. KingRoach

I never heard 1 person say we’d need to give up #13…. I heard plenty of people say GB probably wants #13 but not a single person saying we need to give it up. I’m curious who you’re listening to…. I looked Thru Blast’s twitter but didn’t see it there either.

You seem to hold Blatt’s proposals in high regard, do know that proposals from people other than JD are worthless, right?

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

High regard? I was laughing at his proposal.

Here it is: https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/would-you-do-this-trade-for-rodgers.98834/
    Here is another one with #13:
    https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/ne...reen-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-2023-nfl-draft

There were plenty others, but it is strange indeed you are hearing #13 mentioned for the first time.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You all realize that whatever deal is completed will establish the market value, right? It's whatever the buyer and seller agree upon when they both know what they're getting into and are not operating under duress. Speculation and opinion will continue for years regarding who stole the deal or who got fleeced. Provided, of course, that it actually happens.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  15. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

Maybe i undervalue the soon to be 40yo QB, so-so last season, 90% retired, huge contract on a Team that wants to move on. What is the value for those QB's? I don't care what he did in the past, it's what can he do in the future and for how long. All this talk of 2nd Rd Pick this year and 2nd (conditional 1st) next year i think are absolutely delusional (especially based on the Farve Trade)
    If we give up a 2nd this year, that should be it (no other picks). Let's move on.

JetFanInNE, BacktoQueens and Br4d like this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rodgers value is as the Emperor's Clothes for Woody Johnson.

ouchy and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There is precedent set on fair market value with the Favre trade.
    That’s as close a scenario as we are going to find.
    38/39yr old HOF QB, with team trying to promote a high draft pick, with the same exact teams involved.

I don’t believe these reports suggesting it will be 2 second rounders, with the latter potentially escalating to a first.
    That would be above market value. But that suggestion is just parroting Peter Kings more recent suggestion, which was pulled out of thin air for clicks.

Borat likes this.
  18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I agree that a single second round pick this year seems about fair in terms of intrinsic value based on his age, his willingness to retire, and his huge contract

However, while I don’t think GB has much leverage here, I do think that they have a little bit because they know there aren’t really any suitable other options for us…at 13 overall we pick too late to be in the top QB draft pick area, we let pretty much all decent backstop vets go (obviously Carr was the best, but even someone like a Dalton could’ve been at least viable) and they know Woody wants him to sell tickets…no one else is selling tickets…the only remaining viable guy who could plausibly start is probably Bridgewater, and he ain’t selling shit…the fanbase would not stand for it I don’t think.

So it probably looks like a 2nd this year (maybe a 3rd this year…possible but I doubt it), and then something else next year…maybe that starts as a 3rd and increases depending on how we do as a team this year (win division, playoffs, etc.), and then we get a 2025 pick back if Rodgers doesn’t play in 2024

That seems like a decently fair option…I do think it’s a bit steep for a guy who may only play one or two years, but I also think he’s good enough to get us to the playoffs if he plays both years…

We got ourselves into this mess by whiffing on Zach…this is the price to try and fix it…it is what it is…

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I believe using Favre as the standard to set precedence for AR, something that happened 10 years ago is as hugely misleading as it is using Stafford two first picks 2 years ago. Different circumstances, scenarios and needs. The market gets reset every year based on supply and demand. The truth is closer to somewhere in between.

Ralebird and Jets79 like this.
  20. KingRoach

I’ve heard many unimportant people put out some fantasy trades, including myself, I hadn’t heard anyone report that GB had taken a hard stance on the issue.

We can agree, anyone who thought we were giving up 13 is an idiot and I’m glad it’s publicly off the table.

I’m coming around to the idea of GB leaking the current package… if JD is currently offering less, public opinion would be on GBs side with that offer leaked. What do you think the current offer is?and what do you think/hope the final/winning offer will be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.