Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Anything can happen in one game. You realize the Colts beat the Chiefs this year?

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Saleh should just listen to Trey "Done Deal" Wingo - he'd feel much better.

Acad23 likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Basing your opinion off of one game is pretty asinine.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Brian Gutekunst has one advantage in that he doesn't have an Owner to answer to....just a 'board of directors' made up of cheeseheads.

2nd thought, that may be worse. nm!

5. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Borat likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think it is possible JD gives second this year, but if so, that will be it. Recall that Favre ultimately cost us 3d pick. Max could have been the 1st, and that was after his season. If we are offering high 2nd pick right now regardless of AR's performance, then that's it, that's the deal. Even if the Jets made SB in the Favre deal, the maximum we would have given to GB is pick 31. Our second round pick is 43, which is not that much worse. And we are offering it regardless of anything - upfront. So, #43 pick alone is substantially better than Favre trade, and Favre wasn't grossly overpaid. That's why I don't think JD is offering 2nd in addition to a conditional pick, and if he does include second, that will be all he would offer.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

They have had two HOF QBs back to back for the last 33 years. That’s the primary reason why they are a winning organization. QBs made the squad much better. Yet two SBs in 33 years with top QBs.The rest of the roster moves had as many ups as downs as other quality teams. In retrospect, after the cluster fuck contract with Watson and Wilson, the AR contract begins to pale by comparison.
    I’m dying to see how Love adjusts to the offense this year and how good the rest of the roster is.
    current leadership BTW had fuck all to do with drafting the HOF QBs but they benefitted big time.
    [/QUOTE]

#1247 LAJet, Mar 27, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Many thanks

AG3 likes this.
  9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

"Doesn’t necessarily need a first-round pick"

That's what I thought. Even he is not dumb enough to demand the 1st. He is trying to get a second round pick, but JD is not yielding.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

fk the Packers

Borat and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks for posting. Interesting. That comment about not necessarily a first round pick kind of intimates that JD’s offer is pretty damn low…maybe a third this year? And despite the comments about getting that 2nd round pick for Moore having nothing to do with Rodgers…that I don’t believe. JD isn’t trading Moore AND a 3rd for a 2nd round pick for no reason…I think JD may have really lowballed the offer to GB, maybe started with a 4th round pick like we gave for Favre, and wanted to acquire the 2nd in case he has to go and give up a 2nd this year for Rodgers.

I do agree that in the end, it’ll be either a 3rd or a 2nd rounder this year (guessing it’ll have to be the 2nd as the 3rd would seem like a real lowball offer to GB) and a conditional next year based on how we do this year (i.e., Playoffs, division title, Super Bowl, etc.). Though I do also like the idea of a conditional 2025 pick based on Rodgers playing not only this year but 2024 as well…

There is no real deadline between now and draft day, so this will probably drag out until then

AG3 likes this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't buy the 2025 pick being included. We are not going to give GB picks overs 3 year span for Rodgers. This year's 4th is probably what's on the table. Maybe next year's conditional too. I also don't see this as being lowball. 4th this year and a conditional next year is better than Favre deal, which was just conditional. And Favre's contract was reasonable unlike Arod's.

All in all, it will depend how badly does GB want 4th round pick this year. And how comfortable do they feel with the possibility of paying Rodgers 110 mil. If Rodgers comes for practices and gets hurt like Duane Brown did, GB is fucked even before Sept. Not sure they would be willing to take that chance. Until the draft though, they can wait.

Jets79 likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’m probably dead wrong, but I’m more inclined to just trade first rounders than relinquishing the second this year. A conditional next year, a third if he plays in 24, a second if we make the playoffs, a first if we reach the SB.

14. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

I think Green Bay can sit back and watch how Lamar plays out , it seems like it is going to be very messy . One team is going to get him , and then the rest are going to be scrambling for a qb . The packers GM is like yes Aaron wants to go to the Jets , they have already played their hand with Hackett and Lazard however there are alot of NFC teams that are a qb from being superbowl contenders. Greenbay does not need to win this upcoming season , heck it probably helps them not to ,so they can wait on draft capitial. Tank in 2023 , and own the draft in 2024. Why get this years draft picks when you can get premier picks in 2024.The Jets need to complete their rooster as they are trying to win now. Greenbay does not care ,they do not have a super bowl like team,if Aaron stays around they could win the division with a 9-8 record and lose in the !st rd of playoffs. They could trade Love as he will count 25 million against the cap next yr if they pick up his option Green Bay needs a rebuild so there is no pressure on them other than getting the most for their assets

15. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I don’t get openly saying this. I get packers already know we have all our eggs in the Rodgers basket but still.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You may as well throw in a conditional first round pick if Weeb Ewbank rises from the grave and coaches the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl as well. Green Bay would probably consider that as likely as the other first round pick.

I would rather not give them even that. They have no leverage.

papapump likes this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I listened to his response and it was pretty standard GM-speak, he said it would be disingenuous and negotiating in bad faith to explore trades with other teams in the middle of a transaction.

I like it. He knows he has Gutekunst by the balls and he's just kicking back and "letting the process play out" which is more rhetoric for waiting until Green Bay's resolve crumbles and disintegrates.

GB's only hope is that some other team is insane enough to take on that contract for a 39 year old player and also give up a first round pick. Nobody is coming to save them.

18. burf

burf Well-Known Member

All JD's saying is, "We're ready when you are... Let's make a deal."
    GB's already admitted they want to move on from AR, & they're not holding out for a #1.
    GB is just waiting for GB to get serious (no typo).

19. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Arod already said he wants to play for Jets, so if another team is even interested why would they trade him there for him to retire or not want to be there. That’s a dumb risk no team is gonna trade for a guy that wants to be somewhere else and risk problems

twown likes this.
  20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Below is the full interview with GB GM.

Here are key points:
    -Hopefully we can come to an agreement sooner rather than later
    -1st round pick is not a necessity but at the same time he is a premier player, so getting premier picks or players for him is important
    - Prefers picks this year, the sooner the better, if we go beyond the draft, everything changes, compensation changes. Sounds like he really want the pick(s) this year
    - The ball is kind of in Jets court right now, so we will see how it goes.
    - #13 is not a necessity, but fair value is important, hopeful and confident they can reach a conclusion at some point
    - No other teams contacted him about Rodgers

Overall the impression I got is that he really wants a second round pick this year. 1st rounder is not on the table and he is not asking for it. He wants premium picks, and JD is likely offering non premium (read 4th). It would be fascinating to see how this develops, but he seems very motivated to get it done before the draft, so I think it will be done by then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.