Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I am with you, but unfortunately, they won't.

Even worse, Aaron Rodgers will most likely save their jobs next year too if he stays healthy and Joe D will earn an extension.

The Joe D defenders will say they were right this entire time forgetting that it took 6 years to just earn a playoff berth.

HomeoftheJets and BrowningNagle like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

so true but I dont think its gonna end well next year either

3. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I think there are plenty of backup QBs who are better than Zach Wilson. Do you realize the offense is teetering at historically bad levels? Is it all on Zach no, he gives them the best chance to win hence why he is starting again, but that isn't saying much.

Do you think any backup in the NFL would have the same results as Zach- looking at the Charger/Raider/Bill games?

I think there are plenty of backups out there who would have played better than him in those games. There is no way to ever prove this point, but it is my belief and probably many others. And it's fair for you to think we would probably get the same results with any other QB who is a backup in the NFL today.

The difference is- we've tried the ZW option for (2) years, but we haven't tried the alternative.

Ralebird and The_Darksider like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sorry i didn't realize zach calls his own plays, runs his own routes, blocks for himself, and catches his own passes. the offense is bad for a multitude of reasons. zach is just 1 of those. any of these backups you think would be better would be looking as bad as zach in our current situation. there would have to be 64 QBs in the NFL right now you can say are for sure better then zach in order to say he's not a viable backup. thats the reality. before the o-line was thrashed with injuries even with the other issues zach was looking decent enough to look like a very very low tier starter. thats what you expect from a top tier backup. come in and win 2-3 games during the season or at least do enough for your team to win them. you don't expect them to play a full 17 games and lead the team to the playoffs.

5. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

The offense is bad for a multitude of reasons- no one is denying that. But yes, the position that has the ball in hand every offensive play, does get a little more blame.

"any of these backups you think would be better would be looking as bad as zach in our current situation."

I would love to agree with you here. But unfortunately the Jets had confidence (After benching him twice in 2022) to give Zach the backup role. So because of the ineptitude of the general manager, we will never know if a competent backup would have been better or worse than Zach which once again is my entire point.

And yes, I do think a competent backup would have been better than Zach, and we would have a couple more wins and atleast still be in the playoff picture. Yes even with the offensive line injuries and Hackett calling the plays! It would have been nice to try something different since Zach has showed us so much in his first 2 years.

Zach probably falls in the 55-64 range hahaha. Can he improve? For sure, not with the Jets though, that ship has sailed. I hope he improves, he is a good kid,

If we didn't have the defense that we do, Zach would have won what (1) game stepping in for AR?

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What? Do you even know what it means to use quotation marks? You can't just "think" someone said or wrote something and claim they actually did by putting your words within some quotation marks. If you don't understand that, you should tape over the quotation mark button on whatever device you use. If you do understand and just make up quotes, you're a bald faced liar.

You should give up trying to think what others have said and just cut and paste a link to what you want to show. Include the source so it can be verified.

7. Ralebird

There are a couple of things to look at here. I do not believe the quote was taken out of context or was altered or edited in any way. What is said on the clip is from a radio interview done Monday afternoon, about an hour after the press conference as cited by Saleh a little bit later in the radio clip. The verbiage is similar, but not the same, as what was said in the press conference as witnessed on the video. Whether Saleh eliminated the word "if" purposely or accidentally is something most of us can only guess at. As far as I know there's only one guy here who reads minds. I do not believe the business of ESPN radio as a news organization has anything to be gained by falsifying recordings, regardless of what any minor conspiracy theorists may pronounce.

The_Darksider likes this.
  8. Ralebird

See above.

9. Ralebird

It is not in the slightest bit unrealistic for any business organization to maintain, and continuously update, contingency plans for their key personnel. In the case of NFL teams it is not only possible, but imperative, that such plans are adjusted with each injury. The Jets have failed to do so at the most key position.

JetDan and The_Darksider like this.
  10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

He could have made a simple twitter post saying something along the lines of “working hard to be back behind center when I’m called upon”. Or whatever his PR person told him too. Didn’t need to wait for the Jets when it was him personally who was the target of the report.

Since1969 likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Now I think it is likely they told Zach Wilson he was gonna be traded or cut after the season when they benched him this last time

that would explain his reluctance to play.

He knew he was going elsewhere next year and if he gets injured it could screw that up

I hope this is the case because I don’t want to see him in a Jets uniform next year

Ralebird, ouchy, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

This makes sense, or to take it one step further, dropping him to third string is a clear sign of that either way, he's done here, not going to play again. He may have just figured that out on his own.

Since1969 likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

In fact we all do. The best source is the guy with first hand knowledge - Zach himself. Dianna's source is not first hand knowledge, because they referenced private Aaron/Zach conversation, and Aaron denied he was asked to talk to Zach. Like I said initially I believed the report until I heard that the source claimed they talked to Zach about starting last Wed. I heard the coach announce Boyle as a starter on Sat before that. It just makes no sense to announce Boyle as a starter and then few days later before he actually played that game to ask Zach to start. That the story doesn't ring true, at least not entirely. Also the Aaron/Zach bit - there are only two people with first hand knowledge, both denied. And finally there is an actual fact that Zach was named the starter. If this was a big thing in the locker room, I just don't think even Saleh is dumb enough to play Zach.

So, these professionals, yes, they do have a source (rat) inside the organization, likely FO. These people's asses are right now on a hot seat, and I can definitely see them making a mountain out of a mole by possibly taking a reference out of context. These are not even first hand sources, like I said. The bigger problem is that FO is leaking. With the terrible job JD did this season and lack of results in 4 years, plus this leakage as a cherry on top it is very clear to me we need to clean house starting with FO.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Which many people would interpret as him backtracking - not that he is active on twitter at all looks like. But seriously, now we are blaming him for NOT posting on twitter? He addressed it fully in context answering every question the first opportunity he got to actually talk to media and fully answer all the questions. Like I said before, I initially believed the report, but after learning the details and hearing all sides it just seems at best something minor if any to be drastically blown out of proportion.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That kind of thing would require the Jets FO/CS to be honest and show resolve, and they really haven't done much of either this year or previously. I think they haven't said anything of substance to him (maybe a couple of vague dishonesties) and probably won't until after the trade is finalized. That's what they do.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

If Zach was told that he'd be gone after this season then his "reluctance" to play would be understandable.

Damn... the Jets sure seem to enjoy dicking players around. :rolleyes:

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has already been posted but a "leak" is claiming Selah told Zach he was going to be traded after he was benched.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...rade-zach-wilson-after-the-season/ar-AA1lepSf

Borat likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's a pretty good article... and if it's true that Zach was told he'd be traded... I don't know why he'd agree to play.
    And why would Saleh tell him that he's on the trading block?

[​IMG]

ouchy likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

ouchy likes this.
  20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

That is a good question. There must have been a fallout at some point because telling your starting QB that during the season is a foolish move. The message can also snowball into the team as a signal to checkout. Maybe if you had Joe Stud taking over you might get away with it. But with Boyle taking over...