Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I no longer care either way what Wilson said or didn't say - I told you my main concern and that won't change until the organization does. Which clearly it never will.

2. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

It's not that he reported only the negative stories, it's that he reported mostly negative stories. With a losing organization, that's what there is to report most of the time. Cimini didn't make up bad things about the Jets, the Jets did bad and dumb shit and he reported it.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

and i get that and i never said it was all made up. like i said there was probably something said but it's been blown way up and then twisted again. I literally guessed the exact thing with 0 sources myself before he said that. go back and check my history if you don't believe me. I said it's like saleh was weighing his options and talked with zach and zach had concerns and it got blown out of proportions. I also said it's likely when they made him QB3 and inactive that they told him he was done as a jet or at least that he was done for the season. then 2 weeks later had to ask him about playing again. the whole situation was handled very poorly by the CS. but after thinking it over and talking with aaron and maybe others zach decided he wanted to play if given the chance. went to saleh and told him. saleh took a day or so to make a decision and then named zach the starter and he's starting this weekend. it's a non story. also the fact she kept going back and forthe with deleting stuff and then taking it further is a bad look and again remember she did say zach declined to play as well which led to all the memes being made. something to the tune of "zach was asked to start and his response was basically nah i'm good" which has probably been deleted like some of her other tweets. thats why the other report came out that IF zach was asked to start the feeling in his camp is that he would. which directly contradicted her report that he was asked and refused. she didn't just say he was reluctant, she kept going further and further and deleting stuff then doubling down and deleted then tripling down. it's shotty reporting. she handled her report about as good as saleh handled our QB situation

4. GasedAndConfused

IDK. i get your feelings but I feel like we are headed in a good direction with JD at the helm. I'm not sure if this is the right CS though. i'm willing to give saleh another year to see it through though

5. GasedAndConfused

reporter is a job title. it's like saying a mechanic should fix cars. reports job is to create content with news using their sources and to report unbiased news and facts to the public.

6. The_Darksider

I felt this way until this year. The whole backup QB thing has left a terrible taste in my mouth. I'm willing to believe it was Woody, but someone in this organization threw the entire season away for no good reason.

7. GasedAndConfused

yeah but they could have won a SB and he would have reported the turmoil in the locker room after instead of focusing on the win or how so many impending FAs means they won't repeat.
    it's the old joke about someone being so bitter they could hit the lotto and they'd just complain about the taxes

8. The_Darksider

There's my answer: you are upset about the way you think it should be instead of accepting the way it is.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no he wouldn’t

anyway the Jets never win anything so we don’t get to confirm that you are wrong unfortunately

Ptflea2 and Ralebird like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

there is no reason to blame 1 person. IDK why so many fans get that mentality but it's like they pick 1 person and blame them for everything. it makes you become the "thanks obama" joke.
    nobody threw the season. it isn't a conspiracy. we've had some poor coaching, horrible injury luck, and didn't do enough for the offense becuase we wanted to focus on defense. and this is the result.
    the giants were a playoff team last year, handed their QB 40m a year, and now are getting a top 5 pick and their fans aren't even this angry.

11. GasedAndConfused

i'm obviously exaggerating as a joke

12. GasedAndConfused

he won't reply. she did flat out say he refused but it doesn't fit his narrative so he won't acknowledge it.

13. BrowningNagle

you can say that again, that’s the majority of your posts

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dude you’re straight up making shit up. Here are the first two reports of it.

https://x.com/jasrifootball/status/1731742011978310109?s=20

You can’t just fall back on deleted tweets as the answer for everything.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. The_Darksider

Gents, this quote is being taken out of context. He said that - if "there was a reluctance to play and it was told to us in this building".....they wouldn't be here.

When only the words in quotes are stated, it's a lot different than if the entire statement is. Saleh never once confirmed that Zach had expressed reluctance. @jonatham vilma, somehow that audio clip eliminated the "if", changes a lot.

@GasedAndConfused, you - the research and devils advocate king - just agreed with and defended a stance that doesn't even really exist.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

I figured it was complete bullshit. this guy is a clown

17. GasedAndConfused

not at all. i just went back and read our locked thread about the report. 90% of the twitter links in that thread are now deleted by her.
    it started with reluctance, then she said he was asked to start and his response was basically nah i'm good. that led to 2 things. the memes about it and her own co-worker howe contradicting her report saying that IF zach was asked to start the feeling from his camp is that he would. she then deleted that tweet. then saleh had his conference and said that he hasn't decided yet but zach came up to him and told him he wants the ball this morning.

18. GasedAndConfused

nope it's not. it was literally in our own thread we were all a part of. does everyone here have 0 memory left? we aren't that old

19. GasedAndConfused

well i heard it wrong then too.
    but still i do believe he had some concerns about starting again, I think they have been overblown and twisted in a way to make him look bad so they can get clicks from jet fans because he's very hated among the massive fan base.

edit: sorry We didn't hear it wrong. it was purposely edited out to change the context which again proves my point about it all being clickbait to push an agenda

20. The_Darksider

They threw the season by not going and finding a viable replacement after Rodgers went down. They thought so little of Zach that they blew up their plan and hamstrung the cap, went away from youth, and traded draft capital to get a 40 yr old guy in here. Then went right back to him when Rodgers went down. They waited weeks to bring a guy in - for nothing. They never gave him a fair shot, they didn't even elevate him.

I know, I know, Wentz sucks, Ryan sucks - they all suck. But the intent is what I'm condeming here. They sat back, let the season slip away, and did nothing to try and save it.