Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's not slander. I don't really care either way. like I said people can believe what they want. I just want multiple sources personally especially when the 1 source already got into a tiff with the person they are talking shit about earlier in the year. if people want to believe everything they read go ahead.

the reddit thing nobody believed because they weren't any sort of source. they just happened to be at the right spot at the right time. it was all a joke until it wasn't. thats what makes it funny. what makes reddit as a whole typically good sources is the mods don't allow rumors to be posted as news and the thousands of users usually vet any news. as a whole typically they are more on it. not to mention since it's fans of all teams, the majority of people don't give a shit about any given team so much less bias. the NFL reddit is more reasonable then any fan reddit or fan forum due to that

2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

So she had three of the four names right, we have no idea whether the fourth one was right or not, but that makes her sketchy? Lol Classic.

This reminds me of all of the sunshiners who get on people like me and other guys who are negative because we've had our balls kicked in over and over for decades. Same old Jets doesn't exist, it's all in our minds, we're a bunch of negative old guys, blah blah blah. Meanwhile I and others are right every time. There's always a different excuse why we were right by accident.

It takes a lot of self delusion to go after people who are correct about something and then question how or why they were right.

3. GasedAndConfused

i don't try to change people's mind. I know 99.9% of the time people won't even if it's based on facts. I was just laughing the other day over that reading a thread about zach when a browns fans was saying he can be cut with no cap charge or dead money because he read a chart wrong on OTC and said how he's a cap nerd and such and 3 other people were nicely explaining he was wrong and how the cap works and his responses were basically you are all wrong and idiots and not worth my time lol

i'm also not attacking a reporter. I don't take any reporters seriously. look were both older people then many on the internet. news isn't the same it was back in the days of newspapers and real journalism. nowadays it's more like the national enquirer and people just want clicks because clicks =/= money. I said the same thing about joe B and "saleh hates zach" but lets ignore I was right about that.

4. The_Darksider

You were right about Joe B, I thought I had responded to that. Apologies that I didn't. I still think Joe is a complete moron for putting that out there and then stating he misinterpreted it. He didn't misinterpret anything. Either Saleh meant how he said, or he was just angry and spewing bullshit.

Either way he's an idiot.

5. GasedAndConfused

yes the way it's reported can be sketchy.

a real reporter would say "jets have expressed interest in bringing in former packers lazard and cobb" there is also some interest in TE mercedes lewis and former browns WR Beckham.
    a sketchy reporter would say "teams potential QB gave them a wishlist of lazard, cobb, lewis, etc"

reporters are supposed to report news/facts/'rumors. mark them as such, and remain neutral. not interject their own interpretation of things

6. GasedAndConfused

so why is he an idiot and russalini isn't? I think they are all not worth paying any attention to but I can't understand why people here are defending her. it's literally the only time I've ever seen a reporter defended on these forums in over 8 years

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Rodgers pushed around the Packers front office for the better part of a decade. Of course he told the Jets whom he wanted to bring in. Otherwise why is that fossil Randall Cobb even here.

3 catches all season, he better have Rodgers on his Christmas card list

JohnnyJet likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

not saying you 100% have to but it's just a he said she said at this point

9. The_Darksider

What? Are you seriously trying to compare a guy who is more fan than show host, on a talkshow that wasn't even his I might add, where they goad him into being angry because it's funny versus a reporter who reported something that may or may not be true, but seems as if it is and the team is covering it up? There is far more logic pointing to fire being where the smoke is with Zach Wilson then there is it was made up completely. Joe B and his nonsense are complete non-issue and it really didn't even go anywhere.

This is why you and I go back-and-forth. The ridiculousness of the connections and comparisons you make.

#89 The_Darksider, Dec 8, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I call it the Cimini doctrine. Everyone piled on Cimini in the seasons after the AFC championship games when Cimini would report anything negative and he would get shredded here as being some sort of douchebag. Meanwhile he ended up being correct most of the time.

11. The_Darksider

The whole attitude of "you have to be sunshine and rainbows for your team no matter what" is the one thing that will drive me up a wall every single time. I used to battle people on this board when i joined 12 years ago - it seems there isn't as much of a divide these says. It seems the younger generation is on social media because I am constantly fighting that fight on Facebook. To the point where I went and formed a separate group just for people who don't like being told how they should root for their team.

We haven't been wrong about this team yet!!!!

JohnnyJet and Ralebird like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

it's pretty rare for any reporter to not have their story backed up. they all try to be 1st but then usually within a day or so other media outlets will back it up with their own reports. not a single one did.
    she also doesn't report things as they are, she puts a spin on it for clicks. and it's not just her it's most reporters for clickbait headlines to get clicks.
    you are also missing the one that was really off (and IDK if you seen it) where she said the jets asked wilson to start and he basically said nah i'm good. which led to all those memes about bosses asking people to come into work and the employees not caring. that was denied by saleh and zach. it also makes 0 sense in the timeline since saleh wasn't announcing a starter yet and we were adding a new QB that day too.

look common sense dictates something was discussed. saleh was weighing his options. he probably had a talk with zach and asked him how he felt about starting again. zach probably had some reservations but in the end decided it's better to play and be there for the team. remember she said he refused to play before saleh had even asked him unless somehow saleh asked him immediately after the game in the locker room which makes 0 sense the timeline just doesn't add up. thats why the report when actual reporters reached out to zachs camp said the feeling is that IF he was asked to play, he would. so yeah pretty clear he wasn't asked at that point. you don't have to believe it. you can believe what you want but common sense dictates that a concern was spun into something much bigger for no reason other then to bait fans for clicks who already hate zach

13. GasedAndConfused

the issue with cimini wasn't that he was wrong or making shit up. the issue was he ony reported the negative stuff and focused on that. a good beat reporter will report the good and the bad. cimini was intent on finding anything he could to trash the team which isn't what you want in a beat reporter. you want a balanced unbiased informer. it's just as bad if people only report the positive. but the reality is hate gets more views then positive articles.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the lady never said he refused to play, not once

you are doing the thing where you put words into others mouths to refute an argument they never made

Ralebird, Since1969 and The_Darksider like this.
  15. The_Darksider

I saw all the fallout and jokes about him saying no, but, and this is where we differ - I don't pay attention to every single development. In this case, I saw what I needed to see and that is enough of a smoldering pile of ashes, along with classic spin doctoring to tell me that something happened. Whatever it was.

You may very well be absolutely right and that it was just a simple discussion with someone and not him being reluctant or refusing to play. But what I took from it was that somebody in that locker room went to the press. I don't get the sense that they created something out of nothing - it's naïve to believe that nothing was said at all and this was completely fabricated out of nowhere.

So the big issue for me is not that Wilson refused to play, or anything having to do with him at all actually. It is that the locker room is divided once again and the Jets are always in the constant position of spin doctoring while seemingly not doing anything about fixing it.

Since1969 likes this.
  16. The_Darksider

Early on, they were definitely spins like that. But within a few hours, it was pretty clear that wasn't the case.

17. The_Darksider

When the Jets get into these type of situations, what good is there to report? Their job is to report what's happening, and help sell newspapers, online subscriptions, in whatever era it is for their employer. The only limitation is that it should be facts. It's not about being nice and only talk about the good times.

I don't know where you developed this polyanna view of what a reporter "supposed" to do, but it seems like it's what you wish it was like, and not what it really is like.

Ralebird and Since1969 like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Idunno what other sources you need for the story to backup but I’d say Saleh is pretty reliable.

“There was truly a reluctance to play and it was told to us in this building.”

https://x.com/ESPNNY98_7FM/status/1731787574778180014?s=20

So then he goes to Saleh after these reports (right before the presser) and said he wants to play. Looks like the initial reports were true based on what our head coach confirmed.

Ralebird and Since1969 like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

absolutely she did. I think she deleted the tweet but thats what led to all the memes. she said in a tweet "the jets asked zach wilson to start and his response was basically "nah i'm good"
    thats when people started making all those memes. 1st she reported he was reluctant, then she deleted it, then she doubled down with the one i said above, then she back tracked, then she tripled down and then came out with the ?i know it and they know it even if they won't admit it" comment.

20. GasedAndConfused

it's usually the press digging for a story though and without a direct quote it's all interpretation. just like with joe b he gave a direct quote from saleh but out of context so badly many here were able to guess the actual context. people hear what they want to hear. all we have is heresay, unnamed sources, and interpertation. I mean it worked because she got clicks and we are still talking about it but I really don't know why we are at this point. just believe what you want, i'll believe what i want i just don't really care at this point. it has to be the boredom of not actually getting to enjoy watching our team this season