Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Since I am bored on a flight down to Miami to torture myself and my kids with this godforsaken football team, I went searching.

https://cms.megaphone.fm/channel/ESP6037677737?selected=ESP7205276978

In file 30, right around the 46 minute mark, Salleh answers the question. He hesitates a little bit, talks about how he stays out of what the players tell each other, then said:

"There was truly a reluctance to play, and it was told to us in this building, players wouldn't be here. We're looking for volunteers, not hostages."

So the word "if" was not doctored out, it was not an edited audio file, it seems as if he just omitted the word for whatever reason - but simple contextual evidence tells us that he was stating that if anybody had said that, they would no longer be on the team.

He never at any point in this interview or any other stated that Zach Wilson exhibited a reluctance to play. Quite the opposite.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. The_Darksider

Funny I just posted this pretty much the same time you did.

I still am unsure why you insist that there are bogus claims. It is not a huge leap of logic to assume that he was saying that if that had happened, action would've been taken. Only the most literal interpretation of a single sentence in an entire paragraph could make the jump that he was admitting to the reluctance.

And the only claim about a doctored file was here in this forum, which we have already debunked.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I can't comprehend why you rely on things you make up in your mind rather than things that actually occur and can be supported. You post so much that comes only from your imagination and it's extremely rare you use a legitimate source, unless you think Reddit is a reliable source.

4. Ralebird

Aren't you the guy who claimed it was edited out? Are you the guy who posted the short clip of the segment of the Kay interview? Isn't that what Gased was relying on when he was telling us what Saleh "actually" said?

Now - tell us how you reconcile the two bolded passages you just posted here

5. Ralebird

Yes - I did debunk that, thank you; that was my purpose in going there. That doesn't mean that everyone here will agree there was no subterfuge involved.

#285 Ralebird, Dec 15, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  6. The_Darksider

I am the guy that pointed out to the two of them that the word if was missing so as to explain context because the clip was being debated as if Saleh stated that Zach expressed reluctance. It was then suggested that perhaps the clip was edited, but I never suggested it myself. I believe I may have stated that without the word if, the quote could be misleading - i'll let you do the research to see.

But none of that changes the context of that quote. I stated then and I'm stating now that Saleh never once confirmed that Zach expressed reluctance to play. You can eliminate any other talk, debate, or question of what was said, and just run with that. If you disagree with that and believe he was indeed stating that Zach expressed reluctance, then we can stop the debate right here agreed to disagree.

I'm not sure what you bolded, I am on the Tapatalk app and all I see is the entire quote.

7. Ralebird

There was no "purposely edited clip"!

The_Darksider likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Okay, here are the bolded phrase and sentence from your post: "There was truly a reluctance to play"...and..."He never at any point in this interview or any other stated that Zach Wilson exhibited a reluctance to play."

9. The_Darksider

I mean, did you read what I wrote or only single out the parts you wanted to argue about? Everything you're asking for is in posts above.

10. Ralebird

Wouldn't the scout team defense be opposing the real offense? The Jets don't really have the scout teams playing against each other, do they?

NY Jets68 and The_Darksider like this.
  11. Ralebird

Yeah, I read where you quoted Saleh saying "there was truly a reluctance to play" and I read where you said that Saleh never said there was a reluctance to play. Those are polar opposites - one is black, one is white! They can't be any more different!

12. The_Darksider

Yes, and after asking for an explanation, completely ignored said explanation for the sake of beating to death a point that is quite easily resolved by examining the surrounding context.

I will let you continue to harass G&C, I'm quite enjoying the show. Have a good night. Go Jets.

13. Ralebird

Simple question: What is it that you believe Saleh meant when he said "There was truly a reluctance to play"?

14. The_Darksider

I've already answered that question several times. Let me ask you one: Do you honestly think he was stating that Zach Wilson was reluctant to play?

15. Ralebird

Absolutely.

16. The_Darksider

Cool.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

it says rodgers was playing defense on the scout team. the scout team goes against the starters.

not a great day for you here

Ralebird and NY Jets68 like this.
  18. Ralebird

And not only stating it (it's on tape, after all), but fully believing it, whether told to him directly by Wilson or relayed to him in some way.

We must remember that, especially in the last few weeks, Saleh has often seemed to be uncomfortable in his position seemingly on the fence between what he would like to say and what is the right thing to say, true or not. It appears he sometimes says something he later regrets and comes back to rephrase to soften a blow which may explain some inconsistencies in his statements.

Short version of my take on past five days: I believe that some time in late November or the beginning of December (specific dates are not important). Wilson spoke of a reluctance, hesitation, or lack of desire to get on the field. That may be due to a fear of physical injury as some have reported or opined or maybe just a beaten down feeling of defeat. I believe this was expressed to one or more people in Florham Park and the word spread, eventually to Russini, Rosenblatt and possibly other members of established media. This was then made public December fourth. I do not believe that there ever was an outright refusal to play.

You should be in Miami by now, probably, hope you're staying near the beach and you and your sons get out in the sun tomorrow and enjoy yourselves. Whatever happens on the field Sunday will happen and be sure we'll all discuss it more than thoroughly, including those things conjured up from the depths of imaginations. Have fun!

edited to add: Sorry about the weather, looks like you may not see the sun until game time. Go for the indoor fun - teenage boys still like to eat, right. I had a couple of good meals at Shula's Steak House - there was one out by a golf course somewhere and another across from the beach in Fort Lauderdale, I believe.

#298 Ralebird, Dec 16, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  19. The_Darksider

Yup, it's raining here and is going to rain all weekend. Thank goodness for boys, they'll sleep late, we'll watch some football, grab a bite and hit the Heat game tomorrow night. Sunday is all about the Jets.

Enjoy your weekend!

stinkyB likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Looks like the Ft Lauderdale Shula's location closed 15 years ago and the one in Miami Lakes has been rebranded to ML Steak but it's only about 15 minutes from the stadium, Have fun at the games!