Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

She's reporting on football, a game, not freakin nuclear proliferation. Why does she need to reach out to Wilson and Saleh in your mind?

Bob Saleh meets with media every week and he was asked about the reports. Everyone is doing their jobs after all

Jonathan_Vilma and The_Darksider like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'd pay good money to watch Dianna Russini and Zach's Mom Jello wrestle.

Make it happen, Woody!
    Save the season!

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I don't think it had anything to do with the coaches. probably just players. like maybe after boyle was named the starter another player maybe asked zach if he wants to start again or something and he was like is it worth the injury risk, seems my time here is at an end and I can't be traded if i'm injured or something of that nature.

the deleted one i'm referencing said something to the tune of "zach was asked to start and his response was basically nah i'm good" thats when another reporter from the athletic contradicted it and wrote "the feeling form the wilson camp is if zach was asked to start, he would be willing to"

4. GasedAndConfused

because reporters are supposed to be accurate. if they want to be known for doing a good job. part of that is vetting sources and reaching out for comments. not surprised you would be fine with people doing things half assed though

cval likes this.
  5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I agree with this in principle, but that kind of thing takes care of itself. If a reporter makes shit up, they will eventually be outed. A reporter that doesn't keep confidences doesn't ever get scoops again. And so on. If she was the hack you're saying she is, she'd be out of business and wouldn't be working for a company like the Athletic.

6. GasedAndConfused

lots of people are bad at their jobs. hell look how long mehta was around. she's just joined the athletic like 4 months ago and has really done nothing in that time so maybe she needed a splash due to pressure form her bosses. it doesn't look good when your 1st "big inside scoop" was disprove by your own co-worker and you had to delete it. but it's working she got her attention.
    and FWIW it's not just her, I think a large majority of reporters are just hacks making clickbait articles. and not just sports either. there is a lack of real journalism period these days. it's all lazy click bait and scare tactics. all major news outlets have an agenda to push.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He said, she said, and you got it from Reddit? Lots of scenario and supposition without a scent of supportable substance. If that's good enough for you, who am I to care?

8. Ralebird

Of course the salary cap needs to be accounted for - that does not mean a business operator should not have a contingency plan to account for major loss; the salary cap is just part of what they must consider rather than turning a blind eye to the situation. Why do you continuously try to defend the indefensible at the Jets organization?

9. Ralebird

The only part that matters is the piece that you claim was edited. Why not just support that claim with evidence instead of expecting anyone else to believe it on your word alone?

10. Ralebird

Of course you don't have to offer proof - and no one has to believe anything you say. Thank you. What you think (you are the resident mind reader here, after all) doesn't matter in the slightest. Saleh clearly did not say the word "if" on the clip we have in this thread; if there's another recording that says that, where is it?

11. Ralebird

Reporting what Wilson said to a number of people in the organization is what happened and is the job of the reporters. Slander and libel can damage someone's reputation or assail their character except neither is present without the claims being false. It is only an attack on Wilson's character if that's what the reader makes of it.

Drawing conclusions well beyond what we know as fact is indeed fantasy; it becomes conspiracy when two or more people get together to promote a false scenario. "Why" is a very important question for anyone attempting to understand what really happened rather than simply make excuses - it is the smell test for forming one's own opinion, that's why it matters. What you conjure up as "could be" can simply be nonsense to someone else.

Why do you continue to say that Wilson addressed the situation at his first media availability when you just said it is immaterial that he waited two days? The wait might be fine for you, but certainly not for everyone. Nothing was stopping him from addressing the situation immediately and he did not.

The entire uproar was about Wilson telling the Jets staff he did not want to play - that's the story right there. It does not matter at all when he said that and I don't understand why you think it does. Whether or not anyone from the Jets asked Rodgers to talk to Wilson, and when that may have happened, does not matter either - what matters is what Wilson said. Boyle doesn't matter, Rodgers doesn't matter - what does matter is Wilson said he didn't want to play! There's nothing at all inconsistent about that.

The_Darksider likes this.
  12. Ralebird

"Opportunistic shitbags?" I think if she collected a salary for the last three years and then said she didn't want to report any longer for fear of being hurt that may be the case, but it looks like she just strapped on her eyeglasses and wrote the story she gets paid to report. There may be a lesson for some there.

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

It was extremely difficult for me to find this clip, it took two seconds, and he states it within the first few seconds of the interview. Total time spent: <> 15 seconds. Basically, far less time than it took you to make your response.

You also don't have to be a mind reader to understand and interpret context. But regardless, here's your "proof":

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the two you are referencing I think.

15. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe Zach didn’t want to play. And this may have been a story how when one is upset and says something in passing.

“teammates asks Zach”
    “Hey man what if they ask you to start after this?”
    “Screw that, they want Boyle they can have him, I’m not playing after how they screwed me, they thought I was the problem but guess not!”

Report comes out….

Zach runs to the office, “you know coach I want that ball, I wanna redeem myself and I know I’m the best option for the team, I’m ready”

could totally see it being this way.

Especially with how his teammates have been around him, this isn’t a case of how things were last year, this feels different…

16. GasedAndConfused

no it was posted here. i said it 10 times but you can't comprehend a basic sentence. we were all here discussing it in a thread

17. GasedAndConfused

no she deleted the original one and then replied to that one. which has been my point. she's been so back and forth

it started with a report that he was "hesitant" to play or whatever. thats fine no issues with that
    then she deleted that one
    then she doubled down saying zach was asked to play and basically said nah i'm good (the words she used was nah i'm good)
    then howe reported his that if he was asked to start he would
    she deleted the other one and then replied with the one you posted above

all this happened monday morning before salehs press conference when he came out and said he hasn't decided who will start yet and will decide monday. and he said wilson came to him and said he wants the ball and that he hadn't discussed who would be starting with anyone which makes her 2nd report she deleted a complete made up lie. that's been my issue. not the hesitant thing which i believe but that fact she reported he refused to play when asked while it's obvious he wasn't asked yet

dawinner127 likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

it's obvious a guess (but hell i guessed a lot of shit right about this situation so far) but I think it went something like

saleh told zach he was benched and JD told him they would trade him after the season and give him a fresh start and that he would be inactive the rest of the year
    then 2 weeks later they were thinking about putting him back in and asked him how he would feel about it and he was hesitant because he know if he got hurt, then we can't trade him and he's stuck here another year.

the one thing that is clear is that we completely mishandled the QB situation. saleh should have just kept repeating "zach gives us the best chance to win and we are sticking with him" if the refs didn't fuck us in the chiefs game and if zach starts against ATL we are likely a 7-6 team right now and in the hunt. instead we are pretty much eliminated. maybe if fans/media would have taken his word on it and shut up with the whole zach needs to be benched nonsense we would be 6-7 with a chance to win out and likely get in, but of course not

19. GasedAndConfused

perfect. but look how many here used the purposely edited clip as proof that saleh said he didn't want to play. thats the issue with too many people these days. they make up a theory in their mind and then do whatever they can to prove it right and nothing will ever prove it wrong and they will fight tooth and nail no matter how wrong they are.

it's the old joke about how arguing on the internet is like playing chess with a pigeon. they'll knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, then strut around like they won.

20. GasedAndConfused

because it's a balance thats by design. you can't be strong in 1 position without being weak in another. every team has holes. it's by design