Aaron Rodgers: “There is a rat in the building”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I can't think of one good reason why he would tell Zach he's gonna be traded.

And you're right about its effect on the rest of the team.

This shit could get uglier still... :confused:

ouchy likes this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This is another one that just doesn't make sense. Why would Saleh tell Zach he would be traded? With that said, this is just as credible (not very much so) as Dianna's source saying they told Zach to get ready start on Wed when they announced a different starter a few days earlier. The seats are getting hot at the Jets FO, it's very clear. And the FO rats are leaking half truths, 3d/4th hand info, something they themselves may have tried to guess. A lot of bullshit is being "reported" and this is just like under Mac before JD came in and was supposed to change that. We are back to square one.

NY Jets68 and ouchy like this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Tomorrows game should be must watch TV for the potential clown show meltdown that seems to be building.

Or like Borat says, it could be a bogus report.

Borat likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Both are not exclusive of one another :)

The report to me a gross exaggeration at best, but it is definitely a clown show, that I think we can all agree on.

ouchy likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yeah but when will it blow up on the sideline?

We could start a pool.

Borat likes this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That I will leave to you :)

But I am still amazed we had a QB Boyle, who hasn't had a single season since HS in either College nor NFL (played in 7 total) where he didn't throw more INTs than TDs as our main back-up or starter for 3/4 of the season. JD then finally waived him after the season is effectively over to sign a QB the Rams got rid of to bring in Wentz, the guy who begged JD to sign with the Jets. Instead JD signed a guy who actually was behind Boyle and at this stage may be even worse than him (if that's even possible).

The incompetence of handing QB position by the FO is wild and is only comparable to how he built the OLine.

HomeoftheJets and ouchy like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That one seems a lot more fishy than the Russini one because if you read the article the guy has a huge agenda where he blames the Jets for all QB failures. He even touts his open letter he sent to them in 2021 saying so. I’ve also never heard of Deseret News but it looks like it’s a local Utah paper that specifically covers BYU.

I’d guess they have Wilson’s best interest in mind.

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

None of us know for sure what Wilson said; to characterize anyone as a "lying rat" is quite emotional but unsupportable with the information we have. Russini did not report anything about Rodgers so you can just eliminate him from whatever case you're trying to make. Russini also never said Wilson was the source, so you can eliminate him also. Both Russini and Rosenblatt cited unnamed sources - when you unearth them you may find your answer. The story may not ring true to you but there are plenty of believers in sports land. You might ask why neither Saleh nor Rodgers confirmed or denied the veracity of the claims. Wilson disappeared for two days before making his denial; why would he not have immediately denied it Monday afternoon if there was no validity to the story?

You think the bigger problem is that the cover up inside the Jets organization failed; I believe the bigger problem is that a guy refused to do his job until it created an uproar.

9. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Again - that part is not confirmed and is likely bullshit. You can believe what you want, but to me there is not enough evidence (mostly he said she said, and some of what she said does not even make any sense at all) to claim that he refused - heck even she did not report the refusal, only reluctance.

So between two of these problems, there is only one confirmed to actually exist, and that - the leak or rat being in the house.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It is actually being nice to the kid. He sucks so bad that he might not have trade interest.

It’s clearly not working here in NY. Wilson wants out, the Jets are done, it’s tiresome for both.

I could see the Jets telling him they will help move him after the season

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They probably do, but it's not necessarily a reason to write it off as false. The mother has a big mouth and I doubt she'd seek out a NY paper if she wanted to get mothery.

12. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

My bad, fellas. Wasn't around today, just posted the above article about the trade as a separate thread. Didn't realize it was here.

I think this conversation makes a lot of sense.

Zach, it's not working out here, we're going to sit you.

Coach, I think I can play.

Ok well let's address it in the off-season, we'll work together to get you somewhere else.

OK Coach sounds good.

Doesn't seem fishy to me at all, seems like a very logical conversation. The fact that it got out and was used in the way it was, coupled with the fact that the Jets are a bunch of moronic minor leaguers for even thinking of going back to him after that, much less actually doing it, is what's disturbing.

The other reason it makes perfect sense is that they dropped him to third string, essentially assuring he wouldn't play unless something drastic went wrong. To go back to him is just a farce.

13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Why do we suck so hard?
    Why do we have a slap dick organization?
    I can't believe how fucked we are.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think your haiku has too many syllables

15. Ralebird

Not confirmed? Are you saying two or more legitimate, established reporters claiming multiple sources simply created a story out of thin air?

What support do you have for "likely bullshit"? Base your own opinion on that but don't expect anyone to agree. Nothing is confirmed but why did it take Wilson two days to declare it false? Why did even Saleh and Rodgers refrain from passing on a Wilson denial the first day? What else would you expect him to say when it got exposed? Later reports said there was more than one source for the info within the Jets organization - that's not something anyone is going to want their name attached to.

What do you make of the report in the Deseret News today that Wilson was told he's done with the Jets? That's his hometown newspaper - what's the source there? Isn't it likely it's someone connected with the Wilson team? What's in it for a Salt Lake City paper to publish that?

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Welll... that's one way of looking at it.

btw... has Zach said he wants out?

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I already answered all of the questions above, but let me try to explain again. What is the crux of the actual report? On Wednesday Nov 29th, just a few days after Boyle was named a starter for the next game, coaches approached Zach to start and he said he was reluctant because of shit OLine. Let me pause here. This is utter poppycock if you ask me. I don't care about the sources these beat reporters have. This is horseshit. Boyle was named a starter on Sat. No one is approaching Zach on Wed asking him to play when Boyle is set to start. This is illogical, it makes 0 sense. I am surprised why you are not able to see it, but I do hope others do. I understand Zach let us all down with his play, but we have to consider the facts. There is no way in hell coaches come to Zach asking to start when Boyle is names a starter. No way.

Let's go on. Even though Boyle is set to start, already announced, they want to convince Zach to start, because he refused. Coaches then ask Rodgers to talk to Zach. He tries to convince him, but Zach says no. He is then asked again to talk to Zach, and this time Zach is convinced. Rodgers denied this part of the report, I listened to his entire interview. He clearly said no one asked him to talk to Zach. That is not debatable. Zach denied he was reluctant at the first opportunity he had to talk. Saleh denied the part where he asked Zach to be a starter, he only said they talked on Monday. So, are you now saying Saleh didn't know his own coaches asked Zach to start, even though Boyle was named a starter. The whole thing is so illogical and stupid.

I am sorry you disagree, because I think logic is on my side here, but the report smells like bullshit. Just as much bullshit as them telling Zach he will be traded. None of it happened or at best extremely exaggerated. All it tells me is that that FO is feeling the heat and the rats are out, trying to give some scoops/opinions/something that may be 3d or 4th hand info, to reporters, who are ready to swallow it. Just like when Mac was the GM, something JD wanted to change, but here we are back to where we were 4 years ago.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Why do we suck balls?
    Why are we a slap dick team?
    Fuck we're fucking fucked.

19. Ralebird

That's your scenario, not an explanation - that's not something Russini or Rosenblatt reported. Where did you get the November 29th date from? What about the rest of your timeline? Random people throwing opinions around do not create a pattern of fact. You say you don't care about sources real, credentialed reporters have, you'd rather run with what makes sense to you. Well, that doesn't make sense to those of us who understand reporters have access to the building and the people inside with real information while hypotheticals come from anywhere, just like horseshit.

I don't remember if Saleh said he asked Rodgers to talk to Wilson but, if true, I find that to be another indictment of the Jets management ineffectiveness. Regardless, I will not take Aaron Rodgers at his word regarding anything of importance - he has proven his word is no good. He may be a four time MVP, but he's a liar. So who's lying about Rodgers being requested to talk to Wilson if what you say is accurate? Both Saleh and Rodgers cannot be right. Whatever Wilson said was at the first opportunity he took to talk, two days after the first opportunity he had to talk - why the delay, was it not important to him or the team?

Don't try to put words in my mouth, I never said anything about what Rodgers may or may not be party to regarding his coaches; that's part of your "logical" scenario. To get back to those you call "lying rats" just tell us where the lie is - use their own words and tell us how we should know their words are false. The hypothetical scenario doesn't cut it. Of course we're in the same place we were four years ago - the team stinks and management has been almost totally ineffective in dealing with it. Clean house now!

20. Ralebird

Same old Jets, I say,
    deny it all you want to.
    Same old lack of hope.

abyzmul likes this.