aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I know this is extremely premature, but I think Maybin ends up being the reason we draft a WR in the first and a OLB in the second rather than vice versa.

With a whole season under his belt and OTA's/training camp, Maybin will be very effective for us. We just need someone who can plug the run for the time being.

2. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Maybin certainly has more potential as a pass rusher then any player we currently have.

3. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

More like 15 pount he's 240 so getting to 255 would be great. 6'4 255 learning some technique also with his motor he could get 20 sacks next year but thats a big if. I think next off season Rex spends all day every day with

Wilson to become a shut down corner
    Wilkerson to improve his pass rush and run stop
    Ellis to get his technique down
    Maybin to do what I said above get 15 pounds and technique

then we bring in our rookies potentially a LB and S Rex is gonna love this team because he's developing his own players which is what he wants to do on defense

4. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

He's only 23 and still raw most rookies come in that age anyway so its sort of like having a project already who can get valuable game time and still have an off season to get better

5. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Rex just referred to Maybin as "Crazy Man" I like it lets go with that

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Also heard him call him Aaron Mayhem somewhere too.

7. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

You may be right, but I think that would be a foolish decision. If the Jets have the opportunity to take a topflight pass rusher and eschew to take a WR, then I hope the whole FO gets fired. Teams pass on more than just 3rd and long. The Jets need an OLB who can play the run and get after the QB. In addition, next year will probably be Pace's last. The Jets need an OLB more than they need a WR. They have Holmes and Kerley. They'll probably bring Plax back. They have McKnight and Campbell on the PS, and more 1st round WRs bust than any other position. They can grab a WR in the 2nd round or lower if they really think they need to take one. They could have had that kid from Tennessee that Oakland took in the 4th round this year. He's a great WR prospect.

Maybin may develop, or he may never learn any pass rush moves or be big enough to play full time and against the run. The Jets need to make OLB their top priority. If they have two guys that can bring it, so much the better.

8. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I agree 100%.

And not to mention, ive NEVER heard of an nfl team having too many stud pass rushers.

Hell id say the #1 thing a franchise asks for is a qb, #2 is an elite pass rusher.
    So i mean worst case scenario youd have to trade someone high in demand. But as you said Pace is on his way out anyway

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No thanks times 3.

(...unless Sanchez develops some kind of chemistry with Burress, there will be absolutely no reason to bring him back.)

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I don't think there is anyway in hell Plax is back next year if continues playing this way.

11. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

I think and this is unlikely Marshall ends up with us idk why but Miami might start all over and his price tag is huge and they are no where near a contender, I think he gets cut and we make a move for him I also think we draft 2 WR I'm predicting Mohamed Sanu and BJ Cunningham which I'd be fine with

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

... what

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm not taking away his hustle, but I will not deem him the pass rusher we all want him to be yet.

Like I said, he needs to be schemed into getting a free rush at the QB.

He had better balance today.

14. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I get what you are saying but you are acting like there will be zero good OLB prospects in the second round and a ton of good WR prospects in the 2nd. We are way very far away from the draft at the moment, and this is just speculation, but Sanchez needs another guy he can rely on as well as take coverage off of Holmes. It takes time for Wide Receivers to adjust to the NFL game on the outside. BTW Kerley isn't an outside receiver.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It's more than unlikely. It's retarded.

16. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Where do you get your weed from?

17. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Let it be known, I'm not making this accusation by his play today alone. I just think he will be able to progress nicely in this scheme and guys with that much hustle and determination make it far in this league.

Speaking of us signing another wr. Does anyone else think we will bring in Lloyd next year? I know he probably wants big money but at his age he isn't going to get it and I think he would compliment Tone nicely and would give Sanchez one of the surest hand receivers in the game.

18. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

We need a big, athletic receiver far more than we need a pass rusher. Our defense is already very good. Our offense needs a lot of help.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

No, we're getting Brandon Marshall.

20. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Nice. I like the sound of that.