aaron maybin is our best pass rusher

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetRizing89, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You know what?

Maybin is still on Bills payroll this season technically - Bills cut him, so the dead cap money is still on them for this season.

So... if Maybin gets to sack Fitzpatrick a few times, that means Bills are paying Maybin to sack Fitzpatrick. Juicy stuff, no? HAHAHAHA

P.S. I think it's prudent to say Jets must lock up this kid for a long term. He is developing a few moves in his arsenal already - I didn't think he would try those different moves (that he never tried even in his college years) this early. Once he bulks up about 15 more pounds, with full off-season workout and training, he can become deadly. Mark my words on this one.

#201 Zach, Oct 24, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

One of the bills fans on their board brought this up. I'm sure a Maybin sack or two and a jets win will blow that fact up.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So there WAS a Bills fan with a brain after all, I guess? What a surprise.

P.S. But then we have a resident 'nice' Bills fan here already. How could I forget.

4. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

here's a radical thought: instead of bulking up, if urlacher could move from college safety to pro mlb, could maybin move the other way? don't laugh! joe mcknight played a decent amount of snaps as a db.

5. Mavericknyc1980

Mavericknyc1980 Active Member

Why move our best passrusher from LB to safety????

6. rock316nyj

rock316nyj Member

I said it going back to the old Maybin thread time and time again, that for THIS year, in our system, with our coaching, he had the potential to be a dominant pass rusher but nothing more. I also noted that he's 23, the age of many rookies this year, as he came out 2 years too early. No question he has a while to go before becoming an everydown player, but his natural rush ability cannot be questioned, which left me shocked when he was cut. In 2 years, if he adds some bulk and continues developing his spin move/bull rush, then there is no reason why he can't be a double digit sack guy and potential pro bowler.

7. Mavericknyc1980

Plus 1 I agree one thousand percent.

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we use safeties on the blitz, and we all see the need for someone in the secondary who can cover the te and not miss tackles.

i saw a bunch of missed tackles in the first half yesterday by both lbs and safeties.

9. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah, we definitely need to lock him up long term after this season, he could develop into something VERY special.

I saw him use a spin move, and although it was ineffective, it is great progress showing that this guy IS putting in the time to get better. He seems like he loves football, so combine that with great athleticism and added 10 lbs, he could be scary in the future.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

If Aaron Maybin was a better tackler/played the run better than Eric Smith and Jim Leonhard, he would be an everydown player and would have a definite starting role as an OLB. But he isnt just yet.

11. Mavericknyc1980

He is younger then some rookies he will continue to develop.

12. JetsFan56

JetsFan56 New Member

Maybe he's a Bills fan...

I don't get it..Move the best pass rusher to a position he's never played before and ask him to cover...Brilliant!

13. JetsNation

JetsNation New Member

Maybin right now is what 6'4 235 I think give him 15 pounds the most so he can keep that burst but also have strength to use power moves and see if he can learn how to play the run.

Maybin's 2 biggest weaknesses are strength and technique his 2 biggest strengths are his motor and athleticism........if you think about it he's got a bright future ahead of him if he can turn those weaknesses into strengths

14. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

He has the frame and wingspan to play outside linebacker. But he really needs to get stronger. Thankfully, he's at the age where this will happen a little more easily. Remember, the kid's probably just finished growing. 20 lbs and an offseason spent with Brian Thomas and Calvin Pace and he could be a monster against the run. He could be our James Farrior. About time we got one the other way.

15. zllehs

zllehs New Member

Told ya so

16. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

he needs to take some roids during the offseason.

17. ajetsfan4ever

ajetsfan4ever Active Member

big props to maybin, he became what we thought gholston was gonna be.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

And forces too many fumbles.

19. Tenn_JetsFanatic

Its' good to see him continue to develop

20. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

What's funny is I read, maybe on that Bills board, fans complaining that he cared more about weight lifting and being in the gym than he did the game. So there's some irony here.