A wild card playoff birth may be better for the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 10nyjets87, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

If the Pats have to play the Ravens that is a horrible matchup for them...the Ravens spanked them hardcore last year in NE so they have confidence and they go in pissed after losing in OT to them this season. You want to face Ray Lewis pissed off in the playoffs?

2. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

I agree. I actually think the Ravens are the only AFC team right now that would not be overwhelmed having to go into Foxboro in January and facing Brady/Belichick. Of any team, I think they have the best chance to knock off the Pats.

One thing's for sure, the Jets don't stand a chance in hell in New England.

3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Oh yee of little faith

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We can rationalize this humiiation all we want but a WC berth is not better for us. We won 2 road playoff games last year but it's really hard to do and we cannot expect to do that again plus one more and if we do happen to make a Super Bowl there is a week off btw the title game and SB so if we cannot get ready w/ extra time we will never be Champions.

5. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

At this point I just want the Jets to bounce back, hit these next four opponents in the mouth and make the playoffs.

6. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Tru Dat! The deck is stacked against us to get the division and bye. It is still possible but the Jets will need a little help. Another GPC would be nice in the next four weeks.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Our coaching staff, specifically Rex, needs to figure out the god damn problem with this extra preparation shit. That's the bottom line.

There's no way a wild card is better than a bye week for the obvious reasons already stated.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It is kind of puzzling, maybe he's too relaxed with the players over this time. I know Cimini questioned the vacation he gave to players over the bye week.

I don't get how extra time doesn't benefit both players and coaches, maybe they get too anxious or something.

9. 624

624 Banned

It's weird that the defense struggled so much. The D has been great with extra preparation. Losing Leonhard so late really put a damper on the team though.

10. ERR

ERR New Member

The word is berth

11. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Fuck that, I want to beat New England in the playoffs.

12. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Maybe the Jets can schedule a UFL game on bye weeks so it isn't really an off week.

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

didn't the giants win 3 road playoff games and win the super bowl just a couple of years ago?

The jets have shown this year that time off is bad for them

14. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

I still think Indy runs the table and makes the playoffs, but if not, why do people assume Jacksonville will be an automatic W?

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The NFc was alot weaker in 2007 than the AFC is in 2010. They had to beat a medicore TB team, a Dallas team that hadn't won a playoff game in 11 years and a GB team w/ a legendary choker at QB. For us it could be Indy(and their legendary choker) in the WC rd, NE and the best QB possibly ever and Pitt or Baltimore. It's possible to win 3 road games, it's not likely. Our odds of getting to the SB go way down if we have to win 3 road games compared w/ 2 home games.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The discussion is absurd. The WC is NOT and would never be in any situation or for any team a better route than the bye. Its fuckin retarded to even suggest

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Personally I find it amazing people are talking playoffs. Miami is in town this week. Is everyone here certain that's a win for the Jets? If the Jets lose, I wonder how many threads will concern playoff scenarios.

You play the schedule one game at a time.

18. MadBacker Prime

The players do, as fans we can talk about it. I'm confident we can at least win 2 out of our next 4 and that's all it takes.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

No offense, but your confidence does not inspire mine.

I understand the fans are not in the same position as the players. But call me crazy, unless and until the Jets show they will actually get into the playoffs, I would prefer not to talk about them. You go right ahead, though.

20. MadBacker Prime

Thanks for your permission.

I can get why a fan would be done after the national beating put on us on Monday night. This team for some reason needed a wakeup call and that was it.

Even in the GB game our defense played well, same with the Ravens game. The fire that must be burning inside them right now must be hard to control for Rex.

When I played at SDSU we lost to OS Beavers one game 35-3, the very next week we beat up on Wyoming 34-0, we could not wait that was one of the longest weeks of my life.

Others have said that defeat we suffered on Monday was demoralizing but nothing could be further from the truth.