95-yard drive to Tebow? Really???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by guinness77, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Tebow-island

Tebow-island Banned

I hate to say it, but champ bailey gets down and goes low on runners, why can't revis do the same?

Revis is THE best cover corner in the league but trying to go high on a guy like tebow is just bad football.

And by your logic, if tebow coulda scored more it never would have come down to it.

You can't go thru football games saying "oh man what if you got open... What if you caught that... What if I didn't turn it over....."

That kind of thinking isn't thinking its dreaming and it's exactly what sanchez and the jets can't allow themselves to do after last nights game.

2. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The "if" game is stupid, but I'll play.

If the Jets D does their job at the end of the game, they win! You can't play "if" on only the situations that make your argument.

As far as Tebow being lucky, he basically diagrammed what he saw on the TD run on NFL network. Marriucci was impressed. Tebow read the defense, knew Smith was coming and that he could get outside of him. So it wasn't just some lucky scramble for a TD, thought the jets probably should have tackled him before he got into the end zone.

3. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Any way you look at that play, that was a pathetic attempt at a tackle!

I think Revis is the best DB in the league, maybe even the best defensive player period... but it doesn't excuse that no effort 'Ole tackle.

4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Anyone who doesn't think the offense was mostly to blame is kidding themselves.
    HOWEVER, anyone who isn't sickened by the horrendous display of football on the defense's last drive is kidding themselves, as well. This is not black and white. That last drive by Tebow was inexcusable for a so-called great defense (which we are not.) Our safeties are just not that good, and yes, Revis made a horrendous attempt at a tackle and overall, has not been himself the last couple games in my opinion.

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone is absolving the O of blame including the OP.

6. TexansFan

TexansFan Banned

Rex needs to change the tone on defense. The "soft" Texans DB's were putting major hits on LeGarrette Blount and Josh Freeman last week and the hardcore Jets AllPro and ProBowl DB's avoid Tebow on purpose? Even if you cannot stop him from getting the first down you can still hit him.

After talking all that mess they did not back it up.

7. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member