6-3?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ohio Pork, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Hehe. . . .tough crowd. :)

I'm getting tired of seeing the same 6 threads at the top of the front page, so I'm on Ohio Pork's side for now - if only to get something new going around here.

Score aside, you'd HAVE to be encourage with Chad Pennington going 12-14, 114 yards. Still just a scrimmage, though.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Back off a little, he didn't realize it was 2 hand touch. Though even if it was tackle, it's too early to panic.

In 2 hand touch, you can't run the ball, which makes 12-14 even more impressive. I'm surprised the receivers were able to catch 12 and only not catch 2, honestly.

None of us saw the game though, so it's pretty impossible to speculate.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

LMOA. Classic.

4. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

Its better than 0-0

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Wow, you are overreacting a lot. Either that, or you have no idea of the state that the team is in right now. It's a scrimmage of a team that isn't going to many games this year. If you think you're justified in expecting more from them in a Step 1 Rebuilding Year, you're fooling yourself.

6. parafly

parafly New Member

Great news. Nugent is awesome. :grin:

7. badbob2222

badbob2222 New Member

yeah Nugent kicked 3FG's but he also missed 3

8. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

bad bob or silent bob?

9. sash1

sash1 New Member

I like the UNDERS in Jets @ T.B. this Friday!!! 0/U 33.5

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

LOL, I would have sworn we just found a way to beat ourselves again. :smile:

11. Ohio Pork

Ohio Pork New Member

Actually...the more I think about it, the more I stick by my original post.

I don't care if it's 2 hand touch. In fact, I don't care where they are in the rebuilding process.

At the very least, you'd like to see a team go out and look athletic in what they are doing. Throw the ball....catch the ball...show some pep in the step. I'm willing to bet it was like pulling teeth to watch these guys as an athletic unit. Outside of Vilma, there isn't a lick of swagger out there. That's why they aren't scoring TD's.

Let me guess....5 yard out patterns all day? 3rd and 7 and the "pass" play goes 6 yards, right?

it really grinds my gears

12. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

I don't understand how you can pass judgement on anything related to the scrimmage without seeing a second of it. Rather than trying to draw conclusions from it, why don't we just wait for some live action?

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It was a two hand touch scrimmage!!! Ugh.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

It was for an intents and purposes - a walk through dress rehearsal for an actual game. I think part of the idea was to mimick actual game environment and try and work on the decisions based on things that will happen in a game. It wasn't a true "scrimmage" and for anyone to try and compare it to that is just kinda silly.

Somewhere in the article Penny talks about it being a good chance for rookies to step onto the field and experience what it is like before actually being in a game. Interesting idea I guess.

15. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Darrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

.....if a team got no rushing yards and no YAC, would they move the ball at all? No. No rushing attack would make a team play only defense, and the only way a pass play could be a big play is if they completed a fly route where the corner got burned and could run freely. Otherwise, it's near impossible to move the ball.

17. Ohio Pork

Ohio Pork New Member

All I'm saying is that I doubt many teams would finish with a 6-3 score.

We are a timid, boring franchise. With the exception of 1998, it's the same every year.

This "scrimmage" or two hand touch fag game...or whatever you want to call it just underscores the above fact. We are a lame franchise.

If we are going down, can we please go down in a fury of blitzes? can we go down trying to move the ball downfield?

No...we'll go down the same timid way we always do: Throwing the ball 4 yards on 3rd and 6. And rushing 3 guys while playing a loose zone on defense.

2-14....at best this year.

18. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

You know, you are way out of your league here. There are much better shit-starters that visit TGG regularly. :wink: Nice effort though.

19. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Its a scrimmage. two hand touch. In other words u cant run the ball and as soon as you get the ball ur pretty much down. The score means nothing. And even the preseason wont matter that much (at least the score) it doesn't matter if we go 0-4 in the preseason. All that matters a) can martin be ready opening day and b) who the F our qb is. If you dont remember, last year the colts went 0-5 in the preseason and went on to win their first 13 games. Scores dont matter taht much even in the preseason, so it means absolutely nothing in a F-ing scrimmage!

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

After this post I seriously doubt you are actually a Jets fan.

It was a scrimmage, a practice. To see how the players handled their assignments, get the players (especially the rookies) used to the stadium environment again. Belicheck does the same thing in NE, how has that worked out for the Pats?

There were 3rd and 4th stingers playing with undrafted RFAs. First stringers took plays off to give others opportunities to practice. Mangini had the team play in specific game time situations, so technically it wasn't even a scrimmage.

Like Jetzz said, if you are going to try to start shit you have to do better than this.