400 yards allowed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Sep 9, 2024.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

#21 HackettSuxTNG, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Last night was shocking to me. Our defense was good for the first two SF series, and then it was gone. We have not seen an opposing offense dominate like this in quite some time. Think Reddick would have made a difference? I don't. However, very little pass rush. Our guys got pushed around. I think it'll be very different against other opponents, but last night was brutal. Needs to be fixed.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Saleh’s such a moron with the media sometimes. If he simply said he had the wind knocked out of him, the player is protected in context. The fact that he said he was “winded” makes it look like Sauce is out of shape.

I also don’t think Sauce is out of shape. When you get drilled in the shoulder by a lead pipe like Deebo’s legs and then slam your chest into the ground, you probably get the wind knocked out of you.

abyzmul and stinkyB like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk I'm conflicted I could see Gardner being tired and not wanting his image to take a hit and thus pulling himself out. he seems like that kind of guy

mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  6. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

Was a prime time lesson in how to beat the Jets for everyone to see, expect to see a lot of re-runs if the DT's dont man up a lot, Guard was running Sherwood back on skates

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Playing man is a lot more tiring than playing a 3rd of the field.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not sure I can see Sauce doing that at this point in his career... but if he did, I'm sure Saleh would be totally fine with it.

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It was surprising to see the defense get torched like that.

But still, I'm not surprised the Jets got their ass kicked. The 9ers are a well oiled machine with almost no roster turnover for a few years offensively (other than adding the best RB in football).

The Jets have a new offensive team every year, barely played preseason games, and have a JAG coaching staff that will take probably a month before the team looks semi organized. If the defense get torched again in the next few games then I think it's time to worry.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I was surprised too at the defense but maybe we shouldn't be...

I looked up the last time the Jets had such a putrid performance on defense thinking it would be many games ago and no, last year week 16 against Joe Flacco & Cleveland was even worse!!

maybe they are just good at marketing & hyping up this defense and it's not actually all that good...

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It was deflating watching the 49ers O-line just bully the Jets D-line 5 yards back on every run like the Jets line was standing on skateboards.

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Can ANYONE tell me what Bill Parcells would have told Sauce Gardner if he had said he was "winded" and needed a rest...mid-way through normal regulation time? OT is one thing but during the first "Sixty minutes?"

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's no secret in the NFL how to exploit a defense that is so dependant on zone coverage. That's why Saleh needs top flight pass rushers and a killer MLB.

mattyd99 likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Looks like they kept running the same concepts for the most part too. Try to isolate the corner and put them in a conflict where they jump up to the short stuff so you can throw in behind them on a flag route. Same concept with the middle linebacker and deep free safety in a high/low concept.

Being a bit nitpicky here because safety play was good enough for the most part last year even with the Clark/Whitehead replacement.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/_/year/2024/position/s/sort/contract_value

T
    here’s a couple names on that list we could’ve capitalized on that might’ve been a better roster add than Isaiah Oliver at $2.5 million (who?) or Ashtyn Davis at almost $3 milly. Hell we could’ve added Jamal Adams back at less money than we’re paying Kenny Yeboah. He’s actually a really good fit for strong safety in this defense (Kam Chancellor’s position).