3 way trade going down, probably not, but whats the deal over at JI?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

i dont see GB passing on hawk. for D brick but could happen.

SF wont take d brick the last few years the invested alot money in there oline. they most likely will take vernon davis

2. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Fair call....but for the deal to go ahead the picks at 5 and 6 would have to be 'locked in', that will take quite some doing.

3. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

yea i agree. thats why i said gb possiblilty. but sf i know for sure wont touch him cause they draft OT kwame harris in rd 1 2 years ago. and sign jennings to huge deal last offseason.OG smiley was rd 2 pick few years ago. and OG larry allen was sign this offseason. so i doubt sf has any serious intrest in D brick.

4. Bomber

Bomber New Member

Shysa I've just realised we are still months away from the season. It's not even the northern summer yet and these boards are as alive as if it was a day away from the first game of the season. Everyone has Draft Fever.

Anyway,the GB OLine is possibly in worse straights then the Jets one...if that were possible. They would love to get their hands on Brick, so as you say they could be the spanner in the works.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

this trade doesnt make any sense to me ,who do we get in the trade.
    Id much rather take the niner deal if we could do that.

6. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

its a 3 team trade we get extra picks and still get the guy we want in mario williams. i assuming atleast.

7. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

If anything I feel like we are kind of ripping of New Orleans, this would be amazing to get done, highly doubtful rumour though but damn I would be happy to be proved wrong

8. MyFavoriteMartian28

Value Chart Analysis:

Jets trade #4 and #103 (4th rounder) to the Saints for #2.
    #4 (1800) + #103 (88) = (1888) /for/ #2 = (2600)
    Seems pretty unfair to me, I don't know why the Saints would do this.

Jets trade #2 to the Raiders for #7, #38 (2nd rounder), and #69 (3rd rounder).
    #2 (2600) /for/ #7 (1500) + #38 (520) + #69 (245) = (2265)
    Why wouldn't the Raiders just make this trade with New Orleans? We don't need to be involved.

Draft:
    #1 Houston: Bush
    #2 Oakland: Leinart
    #3 Tennessee: Young (better hope so, otherwise Mario is off the board!)
    #4 Saints: Mario (will be sent to Jets - but why? they could just take the guy they want: D'Brick)
    #5 GB: Hawk (better hope so... not likely if Saints pass on Mario @ 4)
    #6 SF: Vernon Davis (if D'Brick is still available we could miss him here... not likely if Saints pass on Mario @ 4)
    #7 Jets: D'Brick (if he makes it to us...)

Looking at this... I don't see why the Jets are even involved. If Oakland and New Orleans dealt with each other directly we could stay at 4 and get Mario, while the Saints move to #7 and would have just as much a chance of D'Brick falling all the way to them as they would in this ridiculous 3 way deal.

The ONLY reason this would happen is for New Orleans to take either D'Brick or Mario for themselves and for the Jets to go to #7 and hope for the best... it would only work if the picks were being exchanged, and there were no preconceived notions about who would take what guy and when, and then send that guy to another team.

Mostly, I think this whole thing is bullshit.

#68 MyFavoriteMartian28, Apr 22, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  9. MyFavoriteMartian28

More Realistic:

Saints trade #2 to the Raiders for #7, #38 (2nd rounder), and #69 (3rd rounder).
    #2 (2600) /for/ #7 (1500) + #38 (520) + #69 (245) = (2265)

Draft:
    #1 Houston: Bush
    #2 Oakland: Leinart
    #3 Tennessee: Young (better hope so, otherwise Mario is off the board!)
    #4 Jets: Mario or D'Brick
    #5 GB: Hawk
    #6 SF: Vernon Davis
    #7 Saints: D'Brick (if he makes it...)

Doesn't this make much more sense?

10. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

7 more days from today

11. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Of course it's BS, just look at the damn thing. It's the most ridiculous trade thought I've read this entire draft season. The Saints take a FOURTH rounder to move down whereas they could have gotten the same deal the Jets did, which was a 2nd and a 3rd. One might say, well, they didn't want to move all the way down to 7. Might make a shred of sense there, but then they deal DBrick for Mario? You joking?

12. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

well mario by most seems to be the 2nd best player in the draft ..hell some even have him over bush. .saints sliuld want a OT to protect brees that have two 1st rds at DE already. so the trade makes a littlle sense..

13. MyFavoriteMartian28

Nobody actually has Mario over Bush, thats just smokescreen talk for the purpose of negotiating and trade potential on draft day.

The trade makes NO sense... only if New Orleans deals directly with Oakland... how the Jets are involved is beyond me. IF we want Mario we stay at 4 and watch Oakland take Leinart at 2, Tennesse take Young at 4 and we take Mario at 4. New Orleans will get one of the following 3 guys at 7: D'Brick, Hawk or Vernon Davis.

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

any mention of what we will get??

15. GatorNation52

GatorNation52 New Member

I think the trade is ridiculous and will never happen, but I think that the point is that the Jets and Saints are the ones who wanna make the trade and the Raiders are the third team, thats what I gathered from the little I read in that thread.

16. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

man if the jets blow this draft it could set us back a good 4 years.

17. Green Hurricane

That's like saying you were abducted by aliens and violently probed for a half hour, but they dropped you off on time for work. What you said would basically equate to my story making sense, just because you ended up at work, which is normal, completely disregarding the aliens and the probing.

18. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

huh???.......

19. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

The only reason why I believe it is because I have read the responses over at JI and apparently the guy has credibility...alot of the posters were backing him up as if he has given information out before. Just have to wait and see.

20. Green Hurricane

Just because the end result makes sense doesn't mean that the path to get there does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.