2024 - Week 3: New York Jets vs New England Patriots (TNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 15, 2024.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 19, 2024.
  1. Jets

87.0%
  2. Patriots

13.0%
  1. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Good morning. Didn't know where to post this. I have 2 tickets for Thursday game. Seats are in sec 126 row 11. Thank you

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Think the Jets finally roll in this one. The Vegas line makes zero sense. Pats have played two tough games, Jets haven't played well yet. Seems like Vegas is begging the public to take the Pats +6.5/7.

Losmeister likes this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Four seasons ago

REVISion, abyzmul and IDFjet like this.
  4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Relax , Halloween candy just hitting the shelves.

Dierking, KWJetsFan and stinkyB like this.
  5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

6. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

These fucking guys again.....sigh

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

We have a "line" problem. Especially the D-Line and run defense or lack thereof. The O-line's pass blocking has improved from last year. At the complete expense of the run blocking.

What is New England's "secret sauce" this year? Stop the run on defense and run, run, run and run some more on offense. BOTH of which are HUGE problems with the Jets right now. The Jets can't stop a nosebleed and they haven't been able to get the running game going. They gave up 180 yds while only gaining 68 to San Fran and they gave up 130 and squeaked out 101 against a very mediocre Titans team. New England has put up 355 yds running and given up 116 in TWO games.

I hesitate to even try to pick the winner in this. I could go total darksider, considering this is the Jets home opener, and say the most same ole' Jets thing of all would be to thoroughly shit the bed. Yes sir...home opener, prime time, with the whole NFL world watching! Perfect "stars aligned" situation to watch the team get stomped into the dirt by our long time nemesis, even though the Jets SHOULD win this going away. I'm on the fence. Do I take a chance on our Jolly Green Men or do I fall in line with the product we've seen for the last decade and a half? Decisions decisions....

8. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I see the Jets looking like the same 'ol Jets against the patsies. They've given you every reason to be depressed about them. They're very talented and yet their playing worse than a college team. Their defense is worse than 2021 through two games. So unless they suddenly turn over a new leaf under a terrible HC, I see them losing this one in the most frustrating way imaginable....

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Our corners should be able to stop their WR's so we need to take care of the RB and TE. This may be an issue--Antonio Gibson out of the backfield can be a problem. Hunter/Hooper against decent coaches aren't too much to handle but I have no faith in this CS to put together a coherent gameplan.

The way we lose is due to the CS---if they can at least strategize evenly with the brains of NE we should win.

10. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I feel like this game will come down to red zone execution, where we have a significant edge.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Vegas is smart opening us 6.5 favorite. Jet fans think we suck again, Pats fans think there are undervalued and better than they really are.

Pats to cover is the every Jet and Pat fan bet......

Jets win by 14.

I'll take it. :)

Losmeister and LAJet like this.
  12. dawinner127

Right-Angle Sports (a big tout service) released Jets -6 yesterday. They also had Jets -3.5 last week.

13. dawinner127

Little info I heard this morning from Connor Rogers.
    - Pats have ran 130 offensive snaps. 26 of them have had a 6th OL on the field
    - Pats have used 12 personnel 39% of the time which is second in the league and the only team that does it more than them is the ravens and that’s because Isiah likely is one of their biggest weapons
    - They run 60% of the time out of 12

Brook! and Lon Chaney like this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

After Darnold and Wilson it is finally nice to watch a Jets QB know how to read a defense. Make quick and smart decisions with the ball. Have excellent accuracy and can make throws downfield. Opposing teams have to respect the Jets passing game now. It's been a long time since we could say that. I think the Jets win but it will be close. Give NE credit as they have been very competitive these first 2 weeks of the season. They did go into Cincinnati and get a win, so I expect a tough game.

Brook!, NY Jets68 and Ill Will like this.
  15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Shocking analysis from you.

16. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I'm bringing Blackened Yellowfin Tuna with Wasabi Soy dipping sauce.

As a traditional extra I will bring New England Clam Chowder too.

EAT THE CHOWDS!!!

17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I saw that too, and I think the official had a word with Clemons after the play. I wanted Saleh to give them a talking too - maybe he did and we didn’t see it. The guy’s a dope.

18. Ill Will

Ill Will Active Member

Yep, they're all about rushing the football. Can't let them do what the Niners did.
    Obviously the line needs to be better. If Mosely is still hurt I think they'll be okay. Sherwood looks to have taken a big step up.

If I thought the line of -6 was an overlay I wouldn't hesitate to take the points and Pats. Not really feeling that here. I have the Jets moneyline and some player props in a SGP boosted up to +2600 LOL

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Thursday night's uniform. Green over white.
    [​IMG]

Brook!, KWJetsFan and Jets79 like this.
  20. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member