2024 - Week 2: New York Jets at Tennessee Titans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 10, 2024.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 15, 2024.
  1. Jets

71.4%
  2. Titans

28.6%
  1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

How'd Jamal Adams look?:p

Acad23 and Lon Chaney like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Joe Douglas did it.

3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I didn't see him in there that often. He made one good stop on a Jet run at the LOS, but beyond that didn't hear his name called.

4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Glad to have the win

5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I’m glad we got the win

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  6. Green Lantern 80

Very interested in what he can do.

7. Green Lantern 80

Who? Lol

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Sherwood played solid in place of CJ…looks like CJ maybe out on a short week so it’s good to see him stepping up

BIG WILL, was ferocious off the edge, that’s what the jets need. With JJ out, we should see more of Taylor who can hopefully give something in the middle.

Saw a ton of 2 RB looks…I liked the new wrinkle (Hall said they were gonna give Allen some more burn), it’s a cool combo.

- with that it seemed like less 3 WR looks, Lazard and Williams seemed to split looks as the #2.

Aaron was making something out of nothing. Just throw it up and let the WR’s make a play lol. Still think he’s trying to get comfortable.

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Meh. Win is a win. Jets didn’t look impressive.

10. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Not the prettiest. A few things stood out
    -OL played well. Titans really stacked the box when we went heavy run and it exposed. AVT and Tippman were good, all things considered, handlings Simmons and OC.

-Braylon Allen is damn good
    -Echols is such a quality backup
    -Lazard is WR2

Coaching needs to figure out a way to dominate the LOS. Leave sauce on an island if that means stopping the run. He got beat by Ridley, so what. Them Gashing us for 20 minutes Q1 by ground was worse.

finally, Rogers is so good. He just knows where to go with the ball. So crazy to think Zac Wilson was our QB last year.

long year, need to get healthy and stay healthy.

Jets79, mezzavo, mrjet80 and 2 others like this.
  11. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

One game at a time. A nice win and they made adjustments after half time. focus on NE.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Just To add to what is was said, the blah, blah, blah, forty year old AR shtick is BS. He is still very good if not great and once he get comforatble with this team we will be fine.

#92 LAJet, Sep 15, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2024
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That's including the 49er game, and he played fine. He had a couple plays that looked like he should've had more effort than the replay showed, but overall. He was fine.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

For all my complaining, they played better than last week. If they improve each week, they'll be a great team.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and mrjet80 like this.
  15. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

And a Mike Williams sighting! Hopeful he'll come along gradually and be a key piece by end of the season

SOJAZ and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of this lackluster play i.e. missed tackles, soft coverage, dropped passes etc. is preseason rust - meaning that the 49ers game was basically the first real game action most of these guys have seen since the season finale last Jan. That opening game was basically the way a team would look for the first/second preseason game back ten, twenty years ago. Back when the starters played the preseason.

We saw an improvement today - maybe not as much as we wanted to see - but better. But even by the end of today’s game you could see how gassed the defense was. Yeah the humidity was a part of it too but I really think at this point in the season a lack of game stamina plays into it. I’ve watched other games and have seen the same type play. I think we should take the win and expect the team to improve steadily each week. Not like we have much of a choice anyway…

However I will say the DL having lost depth during the offseason and now the loss of JJ is going to create a challenge for Ulbrich. Need to find a way to close those gaps because you know that’s going to be NE’s plan Thursday night - ground and pound and keep the ball out of Rodgers hands. I don’t think the Jets will have much of a problem moving the ball offensively….

17. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

He doesn't look like he's in football shape. In fact, MOST of the guys do not look like they are in football shape. I keep hearing about this supposedly "brutal" training camp Saleh ran this year. I'm NOT seeing any results of that.

You know, I get it...player injuries and all but something gotta give. The whole league looks like shit right now. 49'ers didn't look like they belonged in the building in Minn. Cincy...ugghhh... Detroit... L.A. Even the Chiefs looked ehhh.... I hope they flush this bullshit I keep hearing about cutting down one more pre-season game to add an 18th game to the schedule. Something has to give here.

SOJAZ, Losmeister, westiedog1 and 2 others like this.
  18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I dont get what Gardner was even doing on that TD pass to Ridley. He made no play on the ball or on Ridley. Ridley dove, Gardner didn't. Maybe he is out of shape and tired

westiedog1 and mezzavo like this.
  19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

In fairness, "brutal" for Saleh might have been slightly raising his voice and then making them do an extra pull up.

mezzavo likes this.
  20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

His one catch today was huge. It seems like we don't have to wait long.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.