2024 - Week 1: New York Jets at San Fransisco 49ers (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Aug 25, 2024.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 9, 2024.
  1. Jets

59.3%
  2. 49ers

40.7%
  1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think it's just too tall an order to expect them to go across country and beat a loaded, defending NFC champion team. I think it'll be low scoring and the Jets will keep it close until the fourth quarter but ultimately the 49ers will win. Need to get rolling after this game though.
    49ers 23
    Jets 14

Lon Chaney likes this.
  2. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I think the Jets need to make statement with this game....that they are the team to beat. This team beat Buffalo, Phila and almost beat KC last year, all without a QB. This year, with the personnel added (including Rodgers) they should be even better. Just hope Saleh doesn't f#@k it up, but I think the Jets will pull off the upset.

TheCleaner and mezzavo like this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Not I.

At this point in franchise history how many years has the Jets organization been around? Founded in 1960? That's a good almost 65 years.

The Jets need to as a organization grow up. If they want to be one of those teams like the Steelers, 49ers, Giants, Patriots, Ravens etc. championship organizations the Jets need to embrace it because if the really want to be that type of team they're gonna be in the spotlight alot and talked about a lot.

Instead of being swallowed up by it, embrace it and live up to it.

To answer the question of the original post. I think the 49ers will win because I get the feeling the Jets will ask a rusty Rodgers coming off a serious injury to drop back 50 times and mistakes will be made that will set up the 49ers nicely for easier scores. If the Jets go out there and play the 49ers tough and lose for me it will do nothing. As I said at this point in franchise history the Jets should be beyond moral victories.

I watched the Jets lose a heartbreaker out there to this team in week 1 back in '98.

IF the Jets go out there and coach & play smart play defense as they can, pound Hall and the backs, allow Rodgers to pick his spots to take shots instead of asking him to carry the team the Jets will win because top-to-bottom they're the better team.

4. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I'm still debating whether I'm going to watch the Manningcast or regular broadcast.

5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Doesn't Manning cast have Belicheck on it now, can't look at that bulldog face for 3+ hours.

TheCleaner and stinkyB like this.
  6. Jets OG fan

Oh really? I though he was just a temporary guest. Oh man, that changes things.

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is not going to be on Manningcast full time. He will make appearances like some other guys. So it won't be like Peyton and Eli. You will see his face not as much. That said, I can't watch a Jets game on Manningcast. No way for me. :)

Jets OG fan, TheCleaner and Ill Will like this.
  8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Oh god I remember that. Over time 99 yard td run

Jets79 likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The three teams the Jets scrimmaged with: Giants, Panthers and Commanders all looked really bad yesterday. Makes you wonder if the Jets werent tested enough in camp

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Outside of homer fans of those teams, did ANYONE think those teams would be any good?

11. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

I'm with you, been saying 35-12 SF all along. I do hope I am wrong, but I have 0 faith in this CS.

12. BrowningNagle

I guess one good thing is the 49ers are similar tonight. They only held 1 joint practice and it was with the Raiders who also look terrible. They canceled their practice with the Saints and didn't hold one with the Titans

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Jets - 27
    49ers - 17

Purdy has a nightmare game tonight.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

Jets owner Woody Johnson was on fox news talking politics mostly about the candidate he supports. The network did allow for 1 question for football talk and Woody Johnson said he believes this is the best roster he's seen in 20+ years as owner

I think we've heard that before though

15. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

They could have asked Woody to name one player on the team not named Rodgers. That would have stumped him.

16. BrowningNagle

true but he would go 20 minutes on the uniform combinations

NY Jets68, mrjet80, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  17. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

So it's at San Francisco. That means Rodgers will probably be on LSD for the game. He throws 6 tds and 4 picks. We win, but only if he's really high.

18. Jets OG fan

I hear ya. Manningcast is cool because you hear perspectives you don't often hear on the game, but they don't actually announce the game, so you have to figure who made what plays a lot of the time, and it's a bit tougher to follow. I'm leaning to ABC now.

Brook! likes this.
  19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

They should talk over the commentating.

A lot of esports have people talking over the commentators and it works well. You still hear the commentator but also hear the person casting it

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Except none of our starters play so we really don’t know how and if they have jelled enough.