2024 QB Class

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Sep 14, 2023.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

2023 Daniels's schedule was at least as tough as 2022 Maye's and probably tougher. What on the tape are you referring to?

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

No Josh Allen is the best but I loved Lamar.

3. Rockinz

Penix is nothing like Vick. An absolute terrible comp… Penix is more Jaimis Winston type

4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Penix under pressure = no bueno.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

14/40 touchdowns came against Army, Georgia State and Grambling State. They left him in two of those games to deliberately stat pad.

He also had the best receivers and offensive cast on the field against every team he faced by far other than Alabama.

I just think Maye is the better prospect skills-wise. He has a rocket arm from anywhere including on the run. I think Daniels is more risk averse and a better runner obviously but that’s about it.

dawinner127 likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Penix lost himself a lot of money yesterday. It happened versus Oregon the first time as well and I was hoping to see him correct it. As soon as he moves his feet he lost a lot of accuracy in both games.

7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for him, he was exposed yesterday. Michigan showed the world the formula for beating him. Similar to the Jets exposing Jalen Hurts, and the rest of the league followed suit.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Penix went soft at the wrong time.

stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

Even if you take all 14 of those touchdowns away, it was still one of the best seasons of all time.

They said that about Stroud too (and Marvin Harrison Jr. was way better than anyone Daniels had), and it didn't matter.

How good is Maye's arm really? I get it's very good, but is it Allen or Mahomes good? (I don't think it is.) Because the last prospect with just an okay college resume to succeed who didn't have Allen or Mahomes-level physical talent was Goff seven years ago, and even he's good but not great. (Obviously Goff and Maye are two very different prospects, my point is these "scouts favorites" QBs don't usually work out.)

10. Jonathan_Vilma

I don’t think it’s really anywhere near one of the best seasons of all time and I think you’re getting a bit mesmerized by statistics when it’s a different deal in college. His 2023 is also an extreme outlier and it’s nothing quite like Burrow’s extreme outlier so I won’t even take that as a comparison.

I also don’t really know if his speed and running ability translates all too much to the NFL. He is fast as fuck straight line but he’s not overly elusive and he’s very skinny. It’s just different with Lamar because he can make 3 guys miss on the pocket and then go. Daniels sees a lane open up and runs straight and he got absolutely crushed a couple times this year.

I watched him all year and didn’t even realize he went for 50 TD’s when all was said and done. The only game he jumped off the screen was versus a bad Florida team when he had two huge runs.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I have been saying this for 2 years, long before he was on most people’s radar.
    Drake Maye is the real deal, I have seen him in person a couple of times.
    He is going to be a stud and the best QB out of this draft, He will end up being much better than T Lawrence.
    If the Pats get him we are fucked,

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dude played great vs Bama.... until he took a helmet rt to the chin...

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

With BB out, do you guys think it's even more of a chance the Pats take Daniels at 3?

14. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I think it all depends on what the New Head Coach thinks of Mac Jones

15. HomeoftheJets

You could be right. I need to start looking at more of the tape on Daniels and not just the stats and highlights. Regarding Maye, how athletic is he? Everyone says he has a very good arm for instance, but can he do this? If you're drafting Maye, you're doing it based on his potential as opposed to his college production, but does he have Mahomes/Allen-type potential?

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Idunno but does he really need to? I don’t think Mahomes has ever made a throw like that in a game.

He reminds me a lot of Burrow with a bit of a bigger arm in terms of zip to the outside. Same amount of arm strength down the field IMO. He’s a longer strider though which I guess can be good or bad.

17. Rockinz

I know I’m definitely in the minority here but I think Maye is overrated. Now having said that if he goes to Washington as projected and they hire Johnson the Detroit OC he has a chance to be good.

My issue with Maye is how long he holds onto the ball and it seems like he doesn’t pick up the rush too well either that leads to sacks and big plays by the defence.