2024 NFL Week 4 - Around the League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by LAJet, Sep 25, 2024.

1. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

How have the Ravens ultimately really been any more successful then the Bills?

See, I think a lot of that isolated out "what has buffalo done?" criticism there tends to completely gloss over and undersell the fact there there really isn't any "shame" in losing to the Reid/Mahomes era Kansas City Chiefs. Or even really the one time to that Cincy team for that matter imo. Somewhat similar to how there was really no shame for all those great teams that ended up losing to the Jackson/Jordan era Chicago Bulls. When we end up looking back on this stuff 10-15 years now i don't believe "Buffalo came up short and should of been better' against the all time great coach/QB ends up being the universal driving narrative to all that history.

And the people who try and use that to even remotely suggest that those "failures" somehow drags Buffalo down to being on the same'ish acknowledged failure tier as our Jets? I mean c'mon lol. I'd probably trade my crying kid in the other room right now to have Josh Allen and all those failure years.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Exactly. In any given year, only two teams can make the Super Bowl, and one team can win it. Blaming a coach for failing to win the Super Bowl is silly, especially when McDermott has had only four years with a franchise QB (since Allen took time to develop). And the funniest thing is Reid got a lot of the same silly criticism for most of his coaching career.

Bills over Jets likes this.
  3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Did you guys see the speed of that Titan's LB keeping Tyreek from cutting it upfield--Damn!!

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Dolphins can't move the ball against Tennessee. Why do I feel like they'll have 200 on the ground against us?

5. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Don’t bother being reasonable and level headed with that guy, it will fall on deaf ears. Saying he thinks the bills had “stacked rosters for years” is all you really need to hear lol.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I had no idea you couldn’t get flagged for a horse collar in the pocket lol.

7. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

That offense is in worse overall shape then our's is.

I haven't really ever viewed Tua as a "good" QB. More just a guy benefiting from a great coach and surrounding situation. Seems like I maybe need start reevaluating that. Just way too night and day a drop off.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hard to measure that "It Factor" :D