2024 NFL Free Agency News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 8, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He's talking about D'Onta Foreman. Where did you get Eric Foreman?

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

If I have to answer that then you missed the joke.

Sent from my genius mind.

3. NCJetsfan

Sorry, the joke went totally over my head. The '70s show was probably the furthest thing from my mind.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

D'Onta Foreman would be a nice add to the backfield. Definitely could use one more back especially while we see how good Izzy is. But there are probably a lot of decent enough RBs out there so a less-urgent need, but one to address nonetheless.

At the moment more OL depth is needed, but the draft could change that. Carter Warren is okay as their 4th string OT - maybe their 1st round pick will be a guy who fills the role of swing tackle/backup. Similar for interior OL. Only have Schweitzer and Hanson now. Another backup is needed but could be a draftee too. If they ended up with Troy Fautanu, they can get a backup for basically any position

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm glad you came around lol.
    Most of my jokes are lame so I don't fault you for it.

Sent from my genius mind.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

No power backs.

Beyond this same repeat and ironically cringe'y superbowl over-hype I woke up to ESPN peddling today, because of course aging "big name" Mike Williams has made us an offseason hero spender, Breece Hall's RB1 contender fantasy outlook is BY FAR the most legit and exciting team aspect Jets' fans have to look forward to in 2024.

Isreal as non TD vulture RB2 works just fine.

barfolomew likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Why no power back? It's something this team has lacked and has needed for years. I'm tired of seeing Jets' RBs failing most of the time in short yardage and goal line situations. I love Izzy, but the Jets need 3 RBs, and it's pointless to get a RB with the same skillset as Breece or Izzy. A power back gives opposing Ds something else to think about and makes the Jets' offense more versatile and dangerous.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  8. Kronoking

Because at the end of the day this all boils down to an enjoyment factor.

Homering our 1st round pick on fantasy draft day (with no snickering at that) and then at least getting to watch every game of next year's disappointment trainwreck rooting for Breece to net us a consistent 20+ points every week is probably the most enjoyment a lot of Jets fans are going to get out of the 2024 season :)

NOVAJET likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

I understand, but it would save wear and tear on Breece and keep him fresher to have a power back to run into the line on short-yardage plays, plus they could employ two RBs, and the short-yardage back could work like a FB and block for Breece occasionally, and at other times they could fake a handoff to the power back, and pitch it out to Breece or hit him in the flat with a pass I want to keep Breece around for as long as we can. He had a LOT of carries in college. The Jets alternate backs anyway, so I don't think it would hurt his point totals.

#669 NCJetsfan, Mar 20, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Same guy who called Mike Williams and Tyron Smith first to the Jets got a text saying Clowney gonna happen, between 6 and 9 mill…

RochesterJet and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

Sweet! Championship!

12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Don't know any fans who want FA for their favorite team to go a certain way because of fantasy football

BradysTornACL and Sec124DieHard like this.
  13. JetFanInPA

I'm warming up to the idea of Clowney. At first it irked me since they let Huff walk and figured the plan was to actually get McDonald on the field more But given how they use edges hopefully McDonald can get more playing time and can incorporate Clowney. His run defense would also be a big plus. I think they have more cap flexibility than we previously thought after seeing the details on some of their contracts.

Also, this would hopefully completely eliminate the Jets surprising us with a Day 1 or 2 pick on an edge!

Jets79 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Uh, how long have you been following the Jets?:p

SOJAZ, JetFanInNE and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Hopefully we are not building a team to satisfy some fantasy football crave. We need a power back to plow away short yardage particularly in the red zone, and take a lot of the wear and tear away from Hall. So if that reduces Hall TDs and increases someone else so be it. Especially with our OC propensity to call plays with negative outcomes in the red zone. We want wins to be the only measure to judge this team in 2024. Screw stats. There are plenty of great fantasy stats by players that never get to sniff the playoffs.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. JetFanInPA

I might be a bit naïve...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Haven’t seen anything on this, anyone know how the clowney visit went? Is he still in the building?

18. Kronoking

I mean I assumed it would be kinda obvious I was only half kidding around with all of that, but...

That all sounds great and all on the surface. But just like everybody's current obsession with seeing the Hackett offense WR2 in a manner that doesn't go much deeper then then an idealized "you know what would be great? Having another 1000 yard WR!" fantasy concept in their head, building a roster around some Mike Alstot inspired vision you have that ignores actual surrounding context is arguably even more shallow.

AJ Dillon isn't pushing the needle as far as fixing what our redzone problems were last year, and I don't want any part of paying him (or wasting an opportunity spot that could go elsewhere) coming off that extremely inefficient 2023 campaign. Breece Hall is a 220lb back, and one that a few years from now the game will tell us we should move on from when it comes time to have to pay him. Until then I want this team and specific offense getting the ball in his hands as much as possible with or without fantasy, and that includes at the goal line. You can just as easily pick your 'save the wear and tear!" spots elsewhere and not suck the the fun out of the room :)

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I hope so. But I don't think the Jets will treat him same as Mike and not let him out of the building. Mike was a lot more critical. Clowny is probably going to look at all his options, visit Carolina tomorrow, etc... Maybe we offered 6-9 mil, but him taking it before going to Carolina is where I am a bit skeptical. I am not sure if that guy is right this time, though I really hope he is.

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He's waiting on his breakfast sandwich.