2024 NFL Free Agency News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Because it's more convenient not to, and we live in a age where convenience is king. Going down that path doesn't lead people to the much more easily propped up simple solution they ideally seek.

Zach may not have ended up having the makeup to be NFL starting QB, but anybody who believes getting drafted to *here* didn't play a sizable role in his overall failure to at least reach adequate levels of counting stat production is being delusional imo.

After Zach I'm firmly in the camp now that this franchise has absolutely no business investing any make or break assets into trying to develop a QB. I don't care what the Tik Toc depth level logic says while stressing buzz terms like "franchise QB". At this point I'm at the show me the money stage with that crap. Show me a 1.5 year stretch of constant warm and fuzzies that this team is capable of running a competent offense with an even league average'ish vet producer you can grab out of free agency every year. Show me an OC i'm actually sitting around concerned is going to get hired away from this franchise after the job he came in and did. THEN talk to me about drafting QBs.

#461 Kronoking, Mar 14, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is where I am.

3. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Yes, he did, but not by much. He never really improved in the more intellectual skills of being a NFL QB. That doesn't mean he didn't work at it. He may just not have the talent level in certain areas.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Jets OG fan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

still like 3 or 4 fanbois left that wanna keep having the conversation though

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sadly enough, I agree with this 100%, which casts a massive shadow of incompetence with the CS, particularly on the offensive side.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

They probably will. They signed Jonah Williams yesterday, but they're probably gonna play him at RT.

8. NCJetsfan

I guess that you've never said anything in frustration. Must be nice to be so delusional to think that you're perfect. Also, I must really be in your head since you frequently have to take shots at me. Sad.

9. NCJetsfan

KY Jets Fan and ouchy like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

Thanks.

Yes, I still think Zach has potential, but I have said that I have been greatly disappointed in his play and he hasn't played well except in a few games. I've said that his immaturity has hurt him, and that I think his rookie season he went out partying with Feeney too much when he should have been in his room studying the playbook, and watching film. I've admitted that he has to share in the blame for his failure here. There's a difference between not having talent and not playing well. Zach has talent, but he hasn't played well, and he isn't a good NFL QB at the moment, but that doesn't mean that he still can't become a good QB. Will he get another opportunity elsewhere, and if so, will the light finally go on? Only time will tell. I've said that he may be ruined at this point or that maybe he didn't have the right mindset to succeed in the NFL to begin with. He certainly didn't have it to succeed here. He has learned some tough lessons here. Hopefully he has matured, and developed thicker skin, and gained in confidence. I'd like to see him succeed because I hate to see anyone as talented as he fail and not develop. Hopefully, if he winds up with another NFL team, he'll have the opportunity to sit and learn behind a veteran QB and get another opportunity to start in a year or two.

I agree with you that JD should be fired unless he has a miraculous ending to FA and signs both Smith and Boyd and then has another great draft.

ColoradoContrails and tomdeb like this.
  11. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Corey Davis has applied for reinstatement to the NFL per Field Yates.

12. NCJetsfan

Spot on!

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Exactly!

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

And yet the Zach Haters continue to bring him up.:rolleyes: If only you guys had a fair and balanced assessment of him I wouldn't respond to your biased takes. And yeah, I could just choose to not respond to them, but leaving them unchallenged only allows them to grow into "urban legend" territory.

And again, why is Zach (or anyone seen defending him) the focus of your hate and anger when it's the Jets organization that's the major fail? Is there a QB in existence that would've succeeded with this team? Even Rodgers went down 5 plays into the season! And people here want them to draft a QB! LOL!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Ah Curtis Samuel signed with the Bills. Nice value too. I think he would have been a good Jets target. Then again not that Hackett would have been able to utilize his skill set effectively

BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hackett is like a Keep Away poster for young talented offensive players.

ColoradoContrails and JetFanInPA like this.
  17. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Given where the market has been at so far this has been the best value deal handed out imo. I still wouldn't want to see it here with a LT we want still out there on the FA board, but yeah.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that sucks. Buffalo wants to win

19. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Jadeveon Clowney scheduled to meet with the Jets next week, per Garafolo.
    9.5 sacks and 71 pressures last season

20. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Interesting…we should have just kept Huff and maybe tried to do something with JFM’s deal to make room. I’d rather go get an OT or WR in free agency than spend money on Clowney…both bigger needs

ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.