2024 NFL Free Agency News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 8, 2024.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Dude, I don't know what it is and your kneejerk hate of Wilson, but can you objectively evaluate how he played? If so, then I'd like to hear from you. But you completely dismiss anything positive he's done. Just because I recognize his successes - along with acknowledging his failures and shortcomings - doesn't mean I have a "mancrush" on him. The fact that you need to resort to insults only underscores how empty your arguments are.

Actually Zach played with some courage behind an awful OL, and delivered some big time throws under huge pressure, while also being subjected to late and excessive hits that never drew a flag from the refs. If Taylor had to play in those conditions he wouldn't look much - if at all - more poised. As far as as Taylor having won big games in his career, those are history. He's older now, and has a history of injury being counted on to back up an injury prone 40 year old QB. Is that really the best option for the Jets?

Zach is done here, not just because "fans" like you wanted him gone, but so does the HC and owner (and maybe even the GM), so I'm not calling for the Jets to keep him. I'm just underscoring the failure of this team in having screwed up the development of yet another young QB and still not having any good alternatives, dude.

#321 ColoradoContrails, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

We did not fail Zach anywhere near as much as he failed us.

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If he was any good then you wouldn't need to be trying to explain away his obvious shortcomings. I want him gone because he's taking up a roster spot and he's proven to be bottom 5 bad in the NFL for several seasons now. Most QB's don't get nearly as many chances as Zach got to win the starting job for good. He failed. It's really that simple. There's a reason that his trade value is nonexistent. No one wants him. He's backup fodder at best.

IIMeanDeanII, SackRecord99 and tomdeb like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

Actually I haven't tried to explain away his shortcomings, I've acknowledged them. But I've also pointed out where the Jets screwed him up, beyond whatever shortcomings he has, and that's not debatable. I haven't ever seen you acknowledge anything good that he did, so your bias is glaring.

And the Jets finally did the SOJ thing to themselves when Woody basically said "He's worthless to us", thereby ruining whatever trade value he had. But even as "backup fodder", he'd be a better option than what the Jets are looking at...if they hadn't already trashed him and ruined any chance of them working with him.

And just to clarify: my anger at the Jets isn't just about how they fucked up Zach, it's because they fucked Sam before him, and all the other young QBs they've ever had. Zach had - and still does have - more upside than Taylor ever had IF he had been drafted by a team that knew how to develop that talent, knowing that he needed a lot of polishing. But the Jets did everything wrong in that regard, to the point that if you wanted to ruin a QB, you just have to follow their "plan". OTOH, if you wanted to successfully groom a QB, just do the opposite.

KingRoach and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Jets fans are nice. If the Eagles were like the Jets, Eagles fans would have burned down the stadium by now.

James Hasty and REVISion like this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

The Jets told Zach on Draft night, "We're looking to carry you, not for you to carry us".

Who failed who?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I am in no way delusional that the the JETS are a well run organization, but can the Zach pity party finally stop?!?

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Once Zach is traded or cut, let's stick him in the politics forum.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Getting late. Will we see JD after dark again tonight?

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If there is any validity to your opinion how do you explain his pounding the pavement right now despite being granted a head start in his quest for adoption by any of the other 31 teams?

12. BroadwayAaron

Id love to carry a hundred pound weight one each hand. Sometimes you fail. Zach couldn’t walk with 20 pounds weights.

13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

After snack time he gets a little more spry.

Centiment likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He may have blown his entire load last night. I mean dumping a scrub like Huff to get superstars like Josh Simpson, Tyrod, and Kinlaw, that alone will keep us as the biggest FA winners even if he does not make another move. And with Leki Fotu to boot in morning... Joe D can sleep easy.

[​IMG]

15. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

close this thread. its so ghost the beat reporters arent even talking about rumors.

16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You hit the nail on the head. Zach has sucked for THREE YEARS, people. Browning Nagle only got 1 year starting at QB and he was gone. I doubt anyone will offer us jack for Zach. All those on this board who label Zach as a victim of a bad OC and a bad OL just refuse to admit he was a terrible pick at #2. And oh yes, when Zach threw for a grand total of 77 yards against NE, he was asked if the offense let down the defense. He quickly responded "No, no." For being such a victim, maybe he should take some level of responsibility after so many repeated bad showings. But I know, it's everybody else's fault, not Zach Wilson's.

17. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Absolutely comical. The truthers are literally being proved emphatically wrong in real time and they still can’t concede. All year they casually mentioned Z being on par or much better than any of mac jones, darnold, fields, etc. Granted all of them bad but mac just traded for a sixth demonstrating he had some marginal value. Darnold just signed one year/10mm. Fields will be next domino to fall.

z…..absolute crickets. People who do this professionally for a living have spoken. He’s an atrocity and has literally no value. One of biggest busts in history. Tommy devito had better stats in like 5 games this year.

18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Jets gave Zach every chance to succeed but the kid just doesn't have it.

Sam Darnold on the other hand got screwed big time.

Sam never had half the weapons we gave Zach.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I mean, you've now spent years defending the kid, and on several occasions harping on 2 good throws he had in a game and not acknowledging the dozen plus bad ones. You are the ultimate Zach truther on the board.

Outside of one guy who has JD as an avatar, everyone was rooting for him day 1 and slowly abandoned ship.

#339 JackBower, Mar 13, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    tomdeb and JetsNation06 like this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

I said this to my buddies yesterday when Sam signed with Minnesota… the Jets failed Darnold, Wilson failed the Jets.

SackRecord99, tomdeb and BacktoQueens like this.