2024 NFL Draft - Day 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Apr 26, 2024.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

When you are trying to win now I would much rather give up two lottery tickets for one lottery ticket that has a much better chance of winning.

if so then that would mean either AVT got hurt yet again or John Simpson didn’t pan out. And we are projecting that Olu would be able to slide inside and play guard but that’s all a theory until it happens. No matter how you look at it we didn’t take the player that helps us win now and that’s what we are trying to do.

2. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

With two receivers going off the board at the end of round 1, there is a good chance there will be a run on receivers to begin the second round. There will be no one left by the 3rd. Must trade into the second, or we will be signing OBJ and/or Corey Davis as receiver 3(probably 2 for beginning of the season).

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Tyler Boyd still out there too. Agreed, I'd expect 2 more additions at WR, either 3rd and 4th round picks or a draft pick and free agent.

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Imagine if we had taken a WR instead of Will McDonald last year...

Sigh.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Agreed. No trade up please. In fact, if we can trade away some of our 4th rounders for some future picks in 2025 I will be happier. Have another GM make picks than Joe D the buffoon.

Side note to draft experts. Any WR that you think might fall to Jets in 3rd round? In another way, do Jets HAVE TO trade up to get a good WR in 3rd round?

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Some of these Jets channels on utube have been discussing how the Jets would not benefit from these lower picks 5th/6th rounders this year as they usually turn out to be developmental prospects or training camp fodder.

Hence by using a few to trade up and nab players who can contribute this year looks like the route they may possibly go. I’m expecting a WR with the next pick maybe via trade up.

After the dust settles I think the Jets definitely come out of this draft (aside from Olu) with a WR, QB, and RB or maybe a developmental OG. On D we’re looking at possibly DT and a S at some point. Those should be the positions they’re targeting.

ColoradoContrails and Red Menace like this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

This is exactly correct. We have no time or use for three dart throws in the fourth round. Use one with the third rounder to throw a bigger dart at a smaller board in the 2nd round.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It pisses me off that they dont already have a 2nd round pick anyway. Packers fleeced Joe D so bad in that Rodgers trade

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

JD has enough ammo to get Into the 2nd and still have picks to spare. This draft Is so deep at tackle and WR. I gotta imagine WR Is going to be a focus for JD. Still a lot of quality left there.

10. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

i get the logic re WR but JD has not had an eye for WR talent in the second round. I could argue that's because our QBs were subpar but Mims and Moore didn't exactly light it up after left

second round is a nice spot for a safety

11. BroadwayAaron

If we trade up for a safety I'm not sure Joe Douglas should be allowed back in the building tomorrow morning.

12. chandler

you might be right

That said, JD and second round WRs haven't mixed well so far so kind of worried about that

13. BroadwayAaron

Well that's the Jets in general, not just JD. Stephen Hill, Devin Smith...

If we trade up for highly rated prospects like Polk, Coleman, Wilson, etc then I dont know how you can blame Douglas. These guys are all ranked the way they are for a reason. Most people think that these guys will be worthy of a second round pick. It's not like JD would be reaching.

14. chandler

he might not be reaching but so far he has exhibited "the kiss of death" for WRs in the second. Moore was well rated and Mims at least looked the part

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

It just takes one to buck that trend. Just because the first 2 didn't work out doesn't mean the next won't. WR is easily their next biggest need and there are still a lot of really good prospects

16. BroadwayAaron

Mims fell considerably, I don't hate that he went for the value play at all there. Moore was an illusion. Great player, total idiot. I don't blame JD for those.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How do you not blame him for those? Knowing the person you are drafting is part of scouting. This is the NFL draft, not the claw machine in the entryway of Walmart.

18. chandler

i agree with this especially first 2 rounds if not three. do your diligence.

19. BroadwayAaron

I can't hate a dude for drafting players with elite talent (and Mims had it for sure) and hoping you can straighten them out mentally. Also the Moore shit came out of left field, I don't think he was labeled a character problem at any point throughout his college career and pre-draft process.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You are making assumptions based on info available to fans, Joe Douglas should probably have better access than that. You can only assume it came out of left field.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.