2023 - Week 6: New York Jets vs Philadelphia Eagles (4:25 PM)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 8, 2023.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2023.
  1. Jets

25.0%
  2. Eagles

75.0%
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Technically since the ruling on the field was a fumble and they overturned it, they're supposed to go with preponderance of evidence on whether or not to give the TD. But you could argue that's not the spirit of the rule,

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The drinks didn’t kick in till later but I feel like we saw a shot from a lower angle. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The whole broadcast was for shit.

The way the announce team was slobbering over the Eagles was disgusting.

Fucking Sanchez especially... there was a catch by Davonte Smith that was beautifully defended by Bryce Hall preventing Smith from being able to touch both feet down. They showed a replay... and rather than talk about what a great play Hall made... Sanchez gave a verbal blowjob to Smith for how great his non-catch was.

It was like that the whole game... and I get it... the Eagles are the NFC champs and Fox usually broadcasts NFC games...
    but the bias was off the charts.

I've replaced Sanchez with Ken O'Brien as my 2nd favorite Jet QB... Sancho is on my shit-list until further notice.

And the league doesn't have any other camera angles other than what's used for the broadcast. And when they talk about syncing up the different cameras... that is true.

I've worked with that system on USFL football... part of my job was to sync up all the cameras before the game. They stay in sync throughout the game and it's easy to view every camera on a multi-screen display.
    Unlike USFL...the broadcast partner does not control this system... it's handled at the league office in NY.

The reason they need to be synced has to do with the way each camera is fed into the system... it's a technical thing that was problematic early on in its development but was eventually solved.

Brook!, NCJetsfan and stinkyB like this.
  4. KingRoach

I just spent waaay too much time going frame by frame….
    In a 3yd by 3yd space, there were 9 bodies JH got through then around.

At the line, 62 by his is literally holding up Hurts as he dives. His left foot is physically under Hurts’s ribs as he he is pulling him to the line.

Hurts is a beast who squats big numbers and has core strength; no jets were around his waist pushing down as he dives.

We can agree to disagree but I have 0 doubt it was a TD.

Acad23 likes this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Acad23 likes this.
  6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What I want to know is about the bogus Jalen Hurts 'TD'. He fumbled (or whatever he did). You couldn't really see it, bad angle, they immediately went to commercial for at least two minutes, they come back, don't show a replay or anything, and the non-TD is 'overturned' with some mystery 'conclusiveness' to a 'TD'.

So let's recap and summarize: Hurts does whatever from a crap angle, they cut to commercial without a TD call, they come back to an official awarding a TD that wasn't initially called. Granted I was in a sports bar without sound because the Cheats game had the volume on, but I have zero clue about what I saw or didn't see.

Fix much? I'm still in shock that no flag for an imaginary penalty was thrown on the last play of the game. Your thoughts on all, please.

7. jetophile

Can't confirm or deny as to what the broadcast didn't show. At all. Mostly talking about what happened during commercial break and shit broadcasting.

I was drinking seltzer. Maybe I was poking at a lime in my glass and I missed it. o_O

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Getting a definitive camera angle on those type of plays is often difficult... lots of bodies in a confined set.
    Whatever... we won the game in an exciting manner in the last two minutes.

Maybe we'll curb-stomp the Giants and complain about something else.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Is this a joke? "Brake" means to slow down or stop. "Break" is the correct term for crossing the goal line.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Naa, it was legit sketchy. TD or not the way it was handled was shady af and did themselves no favors. I will say Sanchez coming out with a clip the next day eating a hot dog in the booth saying "somethings never change" was kinda funny.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. jetophile

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game! o_O I hate that quote, it's stupid. Winning is important, no kiddin'; but It has always been very funny to me that some Jets fans always manage to channel their inner Steve Serby in a victory, so point sorta well-taken.

However, I wouldn't get too crazy and say 'whatever'. If Crazy Leg Zauerlein wasn't perfect, we might be having a different conversation! Wait . . . Knock knock! Who's there? Steve Serby!

12. KingRoach

Sound like you’re enjoying some “seltzer” tonight as well

13. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

"All gas, no brake" reference.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Somebody gets me...

Savatage and dawinner127 like this.
  15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I remember a shot from a lower angle but it was the other side that showed it wasn't a fumble. I know both pylons have cameras. I don't remember seeing a view from the other pylon where you can see where his hp hits the ground. we only seen the camera where his body was covered by jets in that view

16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

but at which point does the hip hit the ground? it's really figuring out that then figuring out when the ball crossed. just because a guy was dragging him doesn't mean he wasn't down 1st

edit: not saying you are wrong BTW, just saying IDK why the broadcast couldn't have showed it and not cause all this nonsense because I haven't seen it

KingRoach likes this.
  17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I feel like since a TD wasn't originally called, they shouldn't be able to just award it based on an estimated guess. It should be definitive.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. jetophile

I usually drink the blood of young male virgins. Better watch yourself.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I like Ahmad Gardner a lot. But I think the Jets should remember this Eagles game if/when Gardner holds out for a new contract

abyzmul likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He's having a return to zero this year after lighting people up as a rookie. Revis didn't have that target on his back until like his 4th season. I think Philly thought all they had to do was avoid DJ Reed and they'd be good, but we have a serious secondary to go with that pass rush.