2022 Yankees Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by Cappy, Mar 15, 2021.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It should apply to every unvaccinated player who gets Covid; any time you miss should be treated as a suspension without pay.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

There are a lot of unvaccinated MLB players. Going that route would create a lot of ill will. I am not saying that I disagree with the sentiment but I think that would have the potential to really go south.

The only saving grace is that hopefully the Yankees get this out of the way now so it isn't an issue down the stretch or in the playoffs. The other unvaccinated guys should just hang out with the infected and get it over with

3. HomeoftheJets

It's already creating a lot of ill will; how do you think vaccinated Yankees feel that their odds of winning went down because their teammate was irresponsible?

4. bicketybam

Well you would think some vaccinated guys would understand that it's a person's choice to get the shot. But if I were them I'd be working each of the unvaccinated guys 24/7.

5. HomeoftheJets

It's a person's choice to do a lot of things; he can choose not to show up to the games, and he won't get arrested. But there should be consequences for screwing your team over.

6. bicketybam

It's hard to disagree with what you are saying. I'd have much rather have had Rizzo up in the big spots that Voit was in. This really sucks.

7. bicketybam

Tough loss today but they took 3 out of 4 against a team that started the series right behind them. You can't fault the pitching when they only gave up 2 runs.

Next up is KC who we should win the series against. 2/3 should be their mantra. They do that and we they will make the playoffs.

I'd like to get that top spot and in a one game playoff with Cole pitching should be fine. Once we get in we should have Sevy and Kluber back. I'll put that up against anyone we face. Yanks are back, fellas.

#347 bicketybam, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  8. bicketybam

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was just looking their remaining schedule over and I was way too harsh of this squad throughout the past month and a half. Severino and Kluber coming back at the end of the month could set them up nicely.

I can't for the life of me understand why they sent Gil down again. It's not just the Yankees that do this either but it's super frustrating to see a kid playing well and get sent down to maintain control.

bicketybam likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

I can't understand why anyone who would be getting on and off an airplane every other week as a part of their profession would choose to not get vaccinated. I'm all for personal choice and what not but good lord - common sense should take over at some point.

It's also painful playing fantasy baseball and following Bryce Harper on my team pushing into MVP-type form. Stealing bases, playing good defense, hitting for power and average while walking at a great clip. The Yankees should've waited and paid the 26 year old baseball player the same contract they absorbed with Stanton the 1 for 4 with two K's master with no added value anywhere else on the field.

His lefty stroke is perfect for Yankee stadium.

#350 Jonathan_Vilma, Aug 8, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Field of dreams game this Thursday. Should be cool to watch

JackBower and bicketybam like this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Todays lineup wtf, gardner leadoff and DJ 5th?

I guess we're bored.

#352 JackBower, Aug 9, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  13. bicketybam

3/5 of their starting rotation is out as well as Torres, Rizzo and Sanchez. If this team every gets fully healthy they could do some serious damage. I'm very impressed with how they've managed this stretch this far.

14. bicketybam

So who are we rooting for in the Boston/TB series? I think it has to be Boston while Ilwe root for the A's to lose. I am not sold on Boston at all. They can hot the shot out of the ball but their team era is almost a run higher than the Yankees. They are getting Sale back bit I don't think it's enough to save them.

P.S. where are the Yankees fans these days? @matt robinson 17 @Jonathan_Vilma @JackBower

15. JackBower

I moved and have a newborn, so I've been pretty busy.

Cashman man some great, albeit obvious moves. The lineup was way too righty dominant with only 1 real contact hitter. Just a little balance is helping and the pitching has stepped up.

Rizzo should be our new starting 1B until he starts a rapid decline and Gallo is under control for 1 more year and that's fine... but we need more contact hitters and less .220 or less hitters to max his value.

I would rather eat glass than root for the Red Sox. If they collapse it will bring me pure joy.

bicketybam likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

I think I'd rather play the Red Sox in the playoffs, honestly. The Rays just come at you with so many different pitching styles. Whether they play a bullpen game in a single WC game or throw a million arms at you in a long series this Yankee team will really struggle with all the different styles.

Sale starts Saturday and they've had the luxury of fully stretching him out (5-6 minor league starts I believe) before he comes back. He's rotted on my fantasy bench all year and supposedly looks great in rehab.

Yanks gotta take care of business tonight. I'd rather play the A's above all. Doesn't matter what they do or how different the team is - just like the Twins we own them.

17. JackBower

Usually the first season after TJ is rocky, so he's not going to be the same Sale most likely.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

I believe he's had a bit longer than normal (year and a half basically) whereas most guys are back into action after a year or so, no? We'll see - like I said I've been following his progression and he's supposedly back up to normal 95+ velocity with his nasty changeup.

19. bicketybam

Congrats!!

JackBower likes this.
  20. bicketybam

3 run home run for the Sawx. 4-1 Boston.