2022 - Week 2: New York Jets at Cleveland Browns

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 13, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2022.
  1. Jets

42.9%
  2. Browns

57.1%
  1. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We have been on the opposite end of enough of those. Just a little payback from the football gods,

2. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

The biggest play of the game may have been the fake punt, It changed the game from a potential blowout to a competitive game. The Browns offense is so good at controlling the clock and limiting possessions making every offensive possession crucial. There were many points of adversity on this game where the team could have given up. But, they kept fighting until the last play. That resiliency and fight was more impressive than the win. Winning was lucky but we never would have had a chance at winning without the team giving the type of fight and effort they gave all day long. Glad they got rewarded for not giving up.

One day, hopefully this year, this team is going to come out playing that hard and the breaks and refs are going to go their way while everything works on bothoffense and defense and they are going to blow some poor team completely out of the stadium. They now have the talent to do that.

SOJAZ, joelip, dawinner127 and 2 others like this.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I have similar feelings. It's ALWAYS great to get a win because they are so hard to come by in this league.

But the Browns really lost this game. I counted 5 plays that led to this win in the final 2 minutes that really weren't in the Jets control.

1. Chubb out of bounds 2:02 left
    2. Chubb TD instead of kneeling
    3. Missed extra point
    4. Blown coverage on Corey Davis
    5. Recovery the onside kick

The last one has a little more to do with execution, but it's super rare these days to happen.

Hopefully this win gets the team rolling and feeling like the can compete. They are young and talented in a lot of spots. But let's see the competent football continue please.

SOJAZ, joelip, REVISion and 1 other person like this.
  4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Bingo.! Well said!

cval likes this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

I gotta disagree with you about #5. The execution of the kick itself was perfect, and the Jets deserve credit for being in position for the recovery.

KY Jets Fan and Lon Chaney like this.
  6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Unbelievable. I enjoyed this one so much. Unfortunately didn't get to watch, but heard the Jets ESPN crew call and was just magic. This is (at least) a 1 in 1,000 win and one of the craziest comebacks not just for the Jets, but any team. Truly special. The Browns made a slew of mistakes to blow this, starting with Chubb not falling down at the 2, but the Jets also needed to make the plays and take advantage. They didn't literally hand them 14 points. The Jets made it happen. And we've been the other side of brutal losses so this one feels great. Great moment for this whole group and hope they can build on this. So enjoyable and hope everyone can just enjoy this one. Games like this hardly ever come around.

Great recovery game for the offense. Big recovery game for Flacco and another productive one for the RBs. OL was better too. But my god, Garrett Wilson really does look like a star. I was excited about him, but he's exceeding my expectations. Not that they were not without mistakes (missed throws, drops, etc.) but they have some juice.

The defense was concerning though. They need to clean up a lot. Easy, methodical drives all day. There was no pressure on him. Freaking 10 Wide 9 DEs on this roster and they can't get semblance of pressure. Inexcusable.

To end on a positive, how about the freaking special teams! Greg Zuerlein responds with a huge game. Mann was above and beyond good and one of the stars. Onside recovery. Solid returns. A++++

Enjoy this one!

azhar80, SOJAZ, Brook! and 6 others like this.
  7. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Suddenly, the Jets schedule doesn't look so daunting anymore.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  8. HackettSuxTNG

I don't know. The task of facing Joe Burrow when he is 0-2 scares the hell out of me.

Noam, Brook!, dmw and 1 other person like this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I’ve been thinking this all morning.

One thing is for sure, MetLife better be rocking next week when Cincy comes to town.

I think we opened up at 4.5-5 point dogs but this game all of a sudden looks a lot more winnable than it did a few weeks ago.

cval likes this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

And the Jets OL?! Amirite??

11. burf

burf Well-Known Member

To me, while Ruckert was a great story, him being a Jets fan, why we drafted him made no sense, after signing 2 FAs & Wesco, Yeboah, etc. So far, he doesn't have the look of anything more than a JAG.

12. HackettSuxTNG

It was a memorable win. It showed that this team has fight, and guts, and is capable of not giving up. It will be one we talk about for many years.

It does not, unfortunately, eliminate the real issues this team still has, such as the Offensive Line.

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Would you say the OL played poorly yesterday?

14. HackettSuxTNG

Poorly? Absolutely not. But it certainly will take more than one good game to eliminate the fears I have about this unit.

If I am proven wrong, I will have absolutely no problem saying so. I'm sure you will remind me to do so in that case? :)

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

A big play no doubt, but for me the biggest play had to be the 66 yard TD pass by Flacco to Davis. Without that play, nothing else happens. If the Browns had just played a little prevent defense at that point, they could have run out the clock that way (Jets had no TOs.) I don't know who the D coordinator of the Browns is, but he has to be wondering about his job security.

By the way, I don't fault Chubb for going in for the final TD. 1) An RB making a run has enough to think about without being expected to realize at the last second he's better off not scoring after a 10 yd run. 2) It should have been up to the OC to tell the entire offense to back off from scoring, which I'm pretty sure he didn't. 3) Being up by 2 TDs with 1:55 to go gives you a 99.9% chance of victory, according to ESPN. Anyone would take those odds on a bet.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Went to the browns board and there's already a 10 page thread about firing their DC.

17. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

None of it happens without a whole bunch of big plays throughout the entire game. The team could have given up early and it could have given up before the Davis TD. Love the fight.

In regards to Chubb he blew ending the game twice, not just on the TD. When he got the 1st down with 2 mins and 2 seconds if he had not run out of bounds and just fallen the game would have been over and they could have taken a knee. Someone should have spoken to him after the 1st time. A lot of blame to the Browns coaches for letting this win get away. This was not a Joe Pisarcik/Herm Edwards type moment but there are some Browns coaches that should be on the hot seat for a bunch of plays at the end of this game.

18. HackettSuxTNG

Link, please?

19. HackettSuxTNG

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member