2022 - Week 12: New York Jets vs Chicago Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Nov 27, 2022.
  1. Jets

69.6%
  2. Bears

30.4%
  1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Because Zach is a moron in terms of football intelligence and has a very poor understanding of what he’s supposed to do. His incompetence makes everyone look worse, as plainly evident by the jubilation of all his teammates that they tried extremely hard to remain professional about when he was benched and yet it still was obvious. I’m not saying this to be mean at Zach, I’m saying it because it’s true. He needs to sit and learn how NFL plays are designed and how they work against every defense he faces, and how to recognize defenses, and how to adjust blocking assignments and WR routes to compensate. He’s clueless when it comes to this and the entire play breaks down and everyone looks bad. He needs to sit for a looooong time and dedicate himself.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

c'mon man, just look at the rushing totals last 2 games

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

The offense was terrible against NE, you're not going to get any argument from me there but how much of the lack of rushing production was due to the fact that NE kept stacking the box against us knowing that Zach wasn't going to punish them for it?

I do think getting Corey Davis and Max Mitchell back helped us a ton but this same line also let us get 174 rushing yards against the Bills, 155 against the Broncos, and 179 against the Packers.

If you want to say the line played better than it did against NE, I agree, but I stand by my take that, generally speaking, I don't think the line played much better or worse than it did while Zach was the QB.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Our running game did not start off well again CHI. It wasn’t until they realized MW was dominating them in the passing game, then the running lanes opened up. Zach is the main reason for poor OL pass protection and the poor ground game.

5. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Seriously….the excuses just keep on coming

football is the ultimate team game…it all impacts the other phases…a strong running game should open up the passing game and vice versa…a strong defense will help the offense and vice versa…it all impacts each other

when a QB takes too long to read the field and make a throw, the OL will look bad…when a QB can’t hit a receiver in stride the receivers will have more drops…

while the talent last year wasn’t great it just feels like all these excuses have been improved and yet ZW looks no better than he has all along…coupled with the fact that this offense has looked night and day better when run by any other QB (Flacco, White, Johnson)…it just tells me that the excuses were just that…excuses…not entirely invalid, but other better QBs were able to work around them and deal with them much better than ZW. Last year he was a rookie and that is a part of it, but he’s now had an offseason and half the season to show development and it still hasn’t clicked for him. His best games have been game manager type games that we’ve won due to defense and running game with him having to make only a few key throws…he still hasn’t had a game like White had last week.

that’s telling

he’s not ready.

I have my doubts as to if he’ll ever be great, but regardless of that, he’s for sure not ready yet…

6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

yes. the OL had some good games vs other teams whil ZW was in and he didnt produce like MW did. no argument from me there either.

the NE game was an abomination by the OL and by ZW

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not ready to move on from Zach yet. His personality is what it was before he was drafted, and so are his skills. He proved against the Bills that he can tighten things up and manage properly against an important opponent. If the talk about the yips is real, maybe he can be coached out of it. I think it's worth trying to develop him instead of doing the same routine of throwing a guy into the fire on day 1 and then deciding he's just not the guy and tossing him out, when you handled it wrong in the first place.

But the job right now is Mike White's to lose.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I agree.

Couldn’t possibly give less of a fuck about his body language, silver spoon background, horndogging milfs or any other bullshit people have been killing him for if he could actually play the position adequately.

He’s a slippery fuck when he’s scrambling and he certainly has a strong arm. Hasn’t translated so far and maybe it never will. Probably likely never will. But we broke it, we bought it. No reason to just give up on the guy all together.

abyzmul and MoWilkBeast like this.