2022-2023 Islanders thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey Forum' started by statjeff22, Nov 1, 2022.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

This would be a worse scenario. They might make the playoffs because the other teams fighting for the last playoff spot suck just as badly as the Isles do. I would rather miss. What is the point of playing the Canes or Rangers in Rd1 and getting smoked in 4 or 5 games. Getting rid of Lou is the only thing that matters. Nothing will change as long as he is the Isles GM.

Petrozza and JetBlue like this.
  2. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Hopefully the owners realize he's the problem, the coaching change has done nothing, they have won 10 of 22 games since Roy took over. You can't will a team to be good when the roster stinks. Retire or get fired is what the owners should be telling Lou before he can trade away all of their future top draft picks for average at best players.

3. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

LOL. Carolina tonight. The Canes are 8-2 in their last 10. Glad this game is on ESPN + or Hulu. I don't get that channel so I will miss tonight's loss.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The sooner the team officially quits the sooner Lou follows suit, hopefully.

5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Same here. I don't have Hulu, hence I didn't get to witness 5th loss in a row.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Unfortunately I have tickets for Saturday's game against Winnipeg. Should be loads of fun. :rolleyes:

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I feel bad for you. Winnipeg is really good. I would expect a curb stomping say something like 6-1. Treat this game like a 3-stooges episode with the Jets as the bully (Moe) and the Isles as the victims (Curly/Larry) and you might have a good time.

8. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

make it 6 in a row... they did absolutely nothing until they fell 4 goals behind in the 3rd

9. JetBlue

This is the best thing that could have happened to this roster.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Shockingly enjoyable visit to UBS today - the first 30 minutes of the game might have been the Islanders' best such stretch of the entire season. The $15 food voucher that came with each ticket was also a nice bonus.

11. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Let's see if they keep it going tomorrow...

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Pathetic. The one game winning "streak" was nice while it lasted. Back to our losing ways. I can't wait until Lou is gone.

Red Menace and JetBlue like this.
  13. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Tonight is basically the season. I don't expect this sorry bunch to make the playoffs but if they want any shot then a regulation win tonight at Philly is a must. The Flyers have 82 points and sit in that final WC spot. The Isles have 77 but have 2 games in hand on Philly. Anything less than a regulation win and that will be the final nail in the coffin this year. IMHO.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Would have been nice to get the regulation win but I guess a 4-3 OT win will have to do

15. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Nice comeback last night vs the Hawks. Only one point out of a playoff spot. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing. They would most likely play the Rangers or Canes if they get in and they would get killed.

stinkyB likes this.
  16. JetBlue

They aren’t getting in. There are three guaranteed losses to the Rangers and Nashville coming up to put an end to the delusion.

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

You may be right as the Isles have a lot of weaknesses. But the teams they are competing with for WC 2 suck just as bad.

18. JetBlue

Maybe but the Flyers have an easy schedule the rest of the way and the only meaningful opponent for the Caps is the last game of the season against the Bolts who may not have anything to play for and could be resting. I don’t see either losing more than twice the rest of the way and I expect of to lose at least 3 but likely 4 of our remaining games.

19. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Nice win last night over CBJ and back in a playoff spot. Will it last? Probably not. Next 2 are against the Predators and Rangers. I expect 2 regulation losses, but I hope they can get 2 points out of these next 2 games. Either get a split or 2 OT/SO losses.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

They managed to string us along just a little longer....

JetBlue likes this.