2015 NFL DRAFT TOP PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 11, 2014.

1. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

OMG, Cooper and Gordon. I know we have bigger needs but please let me have this moment!

Richiebsweet likes this.
  2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I think he easily locked up a 1st round bid for his services today. He was already considered to be a potential first round pick, I think he just locked that up today. I think Gurley and Gordon are both deserving of a 1st round selection.

I want to say I like Gordon better out of two, which is crazy to say, I'm truly leaning that way right now. Gotta wait to see how Gurley finishes the season and my opinion may change back again, right now though, I'm on the Gordon train.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

But rb just don't go in the 1st round anymore.

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Gurley potentially tore his ACL

5. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

6. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

No way wouldve wanted to take him in the 1st but if his stock falls because of his injury I definitely wouldn't mind spending a 2nd. Have many other needs and will depend on what we do in FA but the kid is a stud.

7. IIMeanDeanII

There isn't RB's coming out in the draft like the caliber of Gurley and Gordon every year. If you are good enough to be a first round pick, without question, usually a team is going to jump on it regardless of trends.

RB has died down over the last decade in the draft, without question, it's still a position that can hold a lot of importance to any football team, if the right guy is back there. I don't buy into the RB position being off limits in the first round. There is still significant value there at that position if the player is worth it. AP, Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, he can most definitely be that caliber of player heading into the NFL. Which is why I think he will be a first round choice, especially after yesterday's record setting game.

8. NYJalltheway

Well lacy was a 2nd, and trich obviously wasn't worth it.. So.

I'd live to get ingram in the off-season though. It sounds like they're letting him walk.

9. IIMeanDeanII

I know. That is the point. If Trent Richardson can go in the first, so can Gordon. Lacy went in the second but was ever bit deserving of a first round pick.

Morale of the story. Melvin Gordon is worthy of a first round grade, Gurley being injured right after a suspension is going to hurt his stock a lot, which in turn is going to really help out Gordon's cause even more. Hate to see it like that but I think that will be reality.

10. NYJalltheway

Just like how all my friends wanted ball badly, the gordon ship is full sail now. Only one of my friends got lacy instead, one had lynch already, and the other did get ball actually. I must be next!

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Runningbacks are one of the least protected positions in the NFL, tacklers can pretty much do whatever they want to them aside from a horse collar or a facemask.

I think this is why teams are straying from drafting them early and going RBBC so much. Spending that type of draft currency on a living punching bag is not a smart gamble.

12. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Horrible break for Gurley..hopefully its not another Lattimore situation where his career is now totally in the shitter.

13. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Regardless of what QB, should be Winston, but I will take Mariota, we need to draft Rashad Greene at some point in this draft. He's so overlooked but he's got tons of talent.

14. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Would love to get Gurley/Gordon with our 2nd round pick but it's not happening. I'm not against moving slightly up for either. Gurley has a better chance of making it to us because of injury..I'm more then ok with that it's the only way we'd get him without spending our first pick on him.

15. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

ACL tears are still a big deal. I bet Gurley makes it to the 3rd round or later.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

17. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Randy Gregory anyone?

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I know people love Andrus Peat (#70), but check this tape I saw of him going up against Nate Orchard (Utah #8 - DE). The 2nd sack in the video.

:confused: this guy got thrown down like a rag doll. Not going to like, looked at the tape via Draft Breakdown and I'm not all that impressed anymore. Overrated IMO. That Nate Orchard dude though, that guy is a good prospect.

#258 101GangGreen101, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

100%

_

20. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Would love to have Nate Orchard with what appears to be an early 2nd round pick. Problem is --- the guy is putting on a show in the 2nd part of the season & is heading towards the bottom of the 1st round. Plus, we don't know if the new coaching staff (and its coming) will continue with the 3-4 alignment.