2015 NFL DRAFT TOP PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 11, 2014.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

True, but I don't think Cooper possesses the same kind of shiftiness that an Antonio Brown does. For some reason I see some 'tweener in Cooper. He just seems to me like a guy who does everything well and very consistent. Yet he's not a big outside threat, and he's not a shifty smaller guy. I could very well be wrong on this one though as he's as productive and polished as you can get at the college level. He'll probably be a very good NFL WR but something just tells me his upside won't be as great as top WR's taken in recent years.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He does do everything very well and is very consistent, but there are some things he does, that are better than any other receiver in the country. That's his ability to gain separation from his defenders. The kid is lightning fast. He can flat-out run by just about anyone, but he still relies on his innate route-running ability to set up the deep game. He also plays bigger than his size, I've seen him break tackles time and time again, he lowers his shoulder for extra yards.

Sammy Watkins is more physical with the ball in his hands, but I have to say Cooper is more elusive and more technique savvy. Sammy Watkins is going to be an all-pro eventually. I think very highly of him.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  3. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I'm a huge Gators fan, I've watched Harvin since his Gator days, I've watched him in Minneosta, and in Seattle; one game doesn't shut down my arguement, especially since I've been watching him closely over the last six years. If you think Harvin is a true WR you're fooling yourself. The Jets can do whatever they want, but they most definitely will not alter my opinion, and that still doesn't change the fact that we passed on several polished WRS in the 2014 draft, who would have surely helped us immediately.. Just look at Harvin's tape, he's most effective on Jet Sweeps, End Arounds, and kick off returns. Yeah he'll have a game or two where he plays exteremely well as a flanker, because he's ultra talented, but I'm not sold on him as a WR. He's an outstanding playmaker, but WR? Not so much.

#223 BigSnacks54, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    stinkyB likes this.
  4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You are lying through your teeth bro. There is no way you have followed him closely talking like this. Not a chance. The only time he was used like a strict gadget player type was when he was with Seattle.

5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Cooper, White, Parker and Strong are definite 1st rounders. Possibly Funchess & Green-Beckham as well. Ty Montgomery (Stanford) could be 2nd round option for us.

6. BigSnacks54

Seriously, you either have no idea what you're watching, or you don't watch him at all. He HAD the same OC in Minneosta, so yes he WAS used as a gadget player, and he was a GADGET player in Minnesota with the Gators. Take off the green shades, and be objective for once . Even his own teamates (Heard this during the broadcast) , especially Vick, have already given him the advice to watch Decker's craftiness when running routes, in hopes of becoming a full time WR. Harvin made an impact today on two end arounds, and a couple of carries from the backfield; I have no idea why you can't accept the fact that this guy is just a gadget player, and I can't believe you said he runs crisp routes. Some of you folks are just unbelievable.

7. IIMeanDeanII

You're wrong. IMO

The things you are trying to argue just don't add up to me. This isn't worth my time.

Few things though.

Bevell was only there the first two seasons of Harvin's career. He wasn't around during Harvin's best year as a pro to date.

Urban Meyer is known for a gadget effective offense. He is good about working around the strengths of his players. This was no different in Florida. Harvin may have been used in a ton of ways, WR, RB, QB, that doesn't mean he wasn't an effective WR for the Gators. That's just not true. He was definitely more of an all-purpose player for them though. It wasn't as much when Chris leak was getting a lot of work with him.

Seattle severely misused him. I don't see how anybody would think otherwise. I really don't. In one game as a Jet, Harvin almost acquired as many receiving yards with the Jets as he did the entire time he was with Seattle. There is something wrong with that.

You are really reaching with "his own teammates" blah, blah, blah.. That shit holds absolutely no weight. If any of his teammates were asked if they thought he was a legit outside threat, they would all say "absolutely". There is nothing to gain by saying anything less than that, even if they didn't believe it, why would any of them say anything else? So they make comments on how another player could improve their game, that's your definitive argument? So what? Even if true, it doesn't mean they think he is a shitty WR.

Do you have a link to those comments because I've never seen or heard anything from his teammates saying those things?

Last week you tried to discredit his play at WR, yet, now you want to point to today's game and act like it is relevant? Typical.

He does run crisp routes. He may not run the entire route tree crisp but he does run most routes very well. If you want an example of a WR that couldn't run well, look at Stephen Hill, that kid couldn't run a good route to save his life. He tried though.

You come off like someone that just reads a bunch of shit, tries to manipulate what you've read by fitting it into your argument as if you have all of this "expertise" on it outside of the things you've read or heard.

That's all I have to say to you about this topic. Moving on.

8. BigSnacks54

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. Take off the green shades, and learn a thing or two about the WIDE Receiver position.

Also I never said Vick or Percy's other teammates thought he was a crappy WR. My point WAS that they also believe that Percy's Harvin's route running has a ways to go, before he can become a good full time Wide Receiver. Yes he runs the 9 route well, but he can't run the 7 route (corner), post route (8), or even the dig and out routes well. Being an expolosive athlete, or deep threat does not make a player a crisp or even a medicore route runner. Too often, I see Harvin quitting ln routes, and not showcasing his explosiveness when he breaks on routes that have a depth of 12 to 15 yards.No, he's not a crappy WR, but he's not the superstar or even star WR, that you're making him out to be. And whether he's a great or an average WR is irrelevant, because Idzik, in my opinion, still screwed up by not drafting Bradin cooks in the first round, and by passing on John Brown and several other good Wide Receivers in round three. Once again He's a great playmaker, but WR? Hell no, and nothing you say will alter my opinion, when it comes to Harvin being our future flanker.

#228 BigSnacks54, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  9. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Percy is just an average NFL WR, but that's not a bad thing by any means. He has been more productive at WR since getting here then Kerley, and everyone seems to love him for whatever reason. The key with Percy is to use him as a gadget player AND at WR. That's what the Seahawks never understood. They used him as a gadget player only which is good for 45 yards per game, but didn't use his 40 - 50 yard potential per game at receiver.

Cooper is out of the question at this point anyways. I would be shocked if he isn't a Raider next year. Carr has actually looked pretty good this year. If you give him Cooper, that team could finally make a turnaround.

10. IIMeanDeanII

I see right through your bullshit. You're wrong. I'm done with you. Take care.

11. BigSnacks54

Yes, and that's why just about everyone on this board agrees with me

Keep those green shades on!!

12. IIMeanDeanII

P.J. Williams... What do you guys think of him?

I'm really hooked on this kid right now, I think he is a much better prospect than Milliner was coming out of Alabama.

13. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

I think I would want Davante Parker maybe more than any receiver coming out this year. He will likely be a first rounder though probably between 20-32

Jeti likes this.
  14. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

I'd do anything to leave with Marcus Mariota, Devante Parker and Marcus Peters this draft.

It would take Parker falling into the 2nd and Peters into the 3rd

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Well....so would I but I HIGHLY doubt this would ever happen.

16. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Is being investigated for his involvement in a hit and run, pass.

Matty Jets likes this.
  17. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

After Tallahassee PD did everything it could to bury it.

18. IIMeanDeanII

It's a non-issue. There will not be anything major that comes from it. He was handed to tickets that total less than 400 dollars. That's not going to dictate is draft status.

19. IIMeanDeanII

Melvin Gordon made a statement today. I was really impressed with him. Wow.

20. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I still don't see how he could go in the 1st round. We always put out good running games at WI. Besides the 1 Wilson year, the team has never been able to pass, so it's just run run run.

That said, he is impressive. A 2nd round pick could be considered.