2015 NFL DRAFT TOP PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 11, 2014.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Doubt it, both are first round picks. Strong will be the 2nd receiver taken off the board. You'd have to hope for a Mariota / Kevin White or Sammie Coates combo.

2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Strong ahead of White? I just don't see it; Jalen Strong may be the superior route runner and a more polished WR in general, but White presents freakish athletic abillities that teams will surely bite on. Even Devante Parker, who looks healthy, may go before Strong. Unless Idzik or whoever the GM is in 2015 trades up the following realistic players in round two IMO are: Rashad Greene, Nelson Aglahor,Diggs, and Coates. Honestly, most of the top tier receivers may be gone before round two. We SHOULD have taken our WR in 2014.

#202 BigSnacks54, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  3. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Nothing against White and I admit to not watching a lot of him but one should consider Dana Holgorsens's system and WRs.

Stedman Bailey set records at WVU, Austin lit up defenses, Crabtree and Blackmon were his best.

How much is the system and how much is the player?

4. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Amaro is essentially a big WR playing TE but I get your point. Harvin has similar skill sets to Cooks.

5. 101GangGreen101

There hasn't been a lot of talk about Jaelen Strong on this board, but I think he's the 2nd best receiver in this draft. He's the Mike Evans of this draft. He's more physical than White, and each week Strong makes a spectacular catch that makes you go wow. He's a true physical freak at WR. Strong's route running ability is still raw, but his physical talents alone will allow him to win at the next level. He's been more productive as well.

White got shutdown the other week, I think he's prob the 3rd or 4th best receiver - I like him but not as much as Strong. I agree we should have taken a receiver last draft - it's going to be a legendary draft for WRs, can't miss out for 2 drafts in a row. First 2 rounds one has to be a receiver.

6. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Well, Harvin is more of a gadget player. He'll make his impact on Jet sweeps, quick bubble screens, on kickoff returns, and punt returns. But Bradin Cooks is true full time Wide Receiver. He's got ridiculous speed, is an excellent route runner, very physical, and to make matters worse he's playing extremely well, while Pryor has been a major dissapointment. I wasn't a fan of the Amaro pick , but he has definitely proved me wrong, thus far. I was clamoring for Cooks, but we still could have taken the likes of Moncrief, John Brown, or we could have traded up in round three.

Instead we ended up with Shaq Evans and Jalen Saunders, who is no longer on our team.

It sucks seeing these WRS from the class of 2014 suceed, while we have gadget players/inconsistent wide receivers, and some what glaring need at the postion.

Turbocharged23 and Matty Jets like this.
  7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Strong is a beast, I still like 1) Cooper/2)White as the top WRs in this draft.

This WR class is going to be almost (not quite) as good as 2014's draft. Let's hope we don't fuck it up like last May.

Idzik put too much faith in his Decker as a #1 WR and probably thought Hill would emerge.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Too bad Joey Bosa isn't eligible this year, he's an animal. Might be the best defensive player in NCAA right now.

9. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

There is some serious WR talent in this class (White, Strong, Green, Coates, Duke Williams, Funchess, Parker, Algholor, Diggs) but with all due respect to all those guys, you draft Amari Cooper in the top 5 and you never look back from it. IDC if you think Decker, Harvin, and Kerley are sufficient as a receiving core and that a top QB is needed, just pull the trigger on Cooper.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

+1 Amari Cooper is a special player.

11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Did you even watch the game last Sunday?

That completely shuts down your argument. The Jets have no plans of using Harvin as a "gadget" player, they are committed to playing Harvin as an X reciever.

Harvin did well last week, he ran crisp routes, he contested the ball well, he showed fantastic speed, played through pain, and was extremely productive.

Cooks is having a good year but look at their offense, look at who is throwing him the ball, look at how they have used him all year. Those are big factors that you have to consider as well. Harvin hasn't had the luxury to play WR the way it is supposed to be played because he was misused in Seattle. Now he is starting to reap the benefits of playing the position the way it was intended.

Hopefully he builds off of last week and keeps it going consistently.

12. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Anybody else think Connor Cooks looked nothing like a first rounder?

I heard a lot of hype about him lately from other sources about being a potential high first round pick. I wasn't that impressed with him, even before he played the Bucks tonight.

I don't know if he has decided to go back to school next year, I think he should though. He would benefit from it.

#212 IIMeanDeanII, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  13. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He is without a doubt the best. I'll go on record saying he will be taken 1 overall next year.

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game but always saw him as a day 2 prospect. He's most likely staying his Senior year so he will improve.

15. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

He agrees with you. Says he's staying for his final year unless he's convinced he'll get picked early first, which he doubts. He has a shot at being one next year, should he improve like he has been.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I like both types of receivers. The reason i have Strong slightly (and it is very slightly) is because of his size. One thing we have lacked thru the years is that big strong tough receiver.

I agree with you on the Harvin trade. Also want to add that the economics doesn't make sense. If the rain you didn't spend money is because you were going to roll it over into next year then why use up $6M when we're 1 and 6...

JetsNation06 likes this.
  17. Murrell2878

Yep. He's going to be my next gotta have guy. His play to end the Penn St game was so f'n awesome!

18. Murrell2878

Duke got hurt yesterday. Probably serious. They were performing knee tests on the field

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I like Cooper a lot and he's a great route runner if you watch him run his patterns. Great kid, teammate and hard worker. He's super consistent and he's got really good feet. Yet I just don't see him as the elite type of WR. He's 6'1 205. So good size but not a big 6'3 or 6'4 on the outside. I see him as a very steady WR but I'm not sure if he's that gamebreaker the Jets need. His route running will help him a lot in the pros. It's the best I've seen in a while. Yet I think he's more like a Keenan Allen (no shame in that) than a game breaker on the outside. If the Jets can somehow manage to trade back into the back half of the first round and have two picks then I'd rather take Mariota and Kevin White as that would be the perfect combo. Something just tells me that Cooper is going to be a steady, but not great NFL WR. Maybe I'm wrong but we'll see.

#219 JetsNation06, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  20. 101GangGreen101

If you look at the receivers that are leading the lead in receiving yards - you will be shocked to find out that the little guys are being the most productive. The best receiver in the league is 5'10 185.