2015 NFL DRAFT TOP PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 11, 2014.

1. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

It wasn't meant as a compliment, but yeah.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

His matchup with Jaelen Strong was very entertaining a few weeks ago.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

There is always two sides to every story though. The kid has talent and has played well, even in a place that clearly made him miserable. That is a positive in my book.

It's not always going to be a good fit for someone, he's young and doesn't understand how to act like a pro yet.

I highly doubt something like this will be a huge concern to an NFL team, in comparison to his skill set. His stock may drop, I doubt it though.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

So was his match-up against Brandon Cooks the year before. 2 NFL level yet VERY different types of wideouts and he showed he can cover both. He may have cost himself top 10 money but someone will bite before the 1st round is over.

5. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Any chance we pick two QBs, like Washington did a few years back? Maybe a Mariota or Winston first round and Mannion or Wallace third round?

Not suggesting any particular guys.... just that idea. There are obviously a lot of considerations that go with that, but I think it's the best way out of our QB situation. Well, that or bringing in a young guy like Glennon and adding another in the draft.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

There isn't 2 sides to this story, it's crystal clear.

I clearly value character and maturity higher than most at TGG. Peters has had numerous outbursts with the coaching staff and teammates, that is a red flag that will effect his draft stock. A 1st Rd talent that will probably be at best a 2nd Rd pick. I never said Peters doesn't have talent, he's an awesome talent, just not a 1st Rd value based on his stupidity.

#186 WW85, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Very doubtful, the Jets have too many needs to draft 2 QBs in Rd 1 & 3 like you suggested.

IMO, the Jets will either draft a QB in Rd 1 or pick up a Vet QB and possibly draft one a little later in the draft.

8. IIMeanDeanII

How is it crystal clear? None of us were in that building, none of us knew what was going on behind the scenes. We only know what we saw and what we've heard.

Is he immature at this point? Sure. Did he handle everything the right way? Probably not.

It's not fair to say it was all on him though, I don't buy that. When you look at that regime, they haven't been there very long, yet, 8 players have been kicked off that team. That's a lot of players in a very short time frame. Kids don't just lash out for no reason, there is usually a cause and effect scenario.

All of us have been there at one point or another, or at least I know I have. There has been jobs when I was younger where I got treated unfairly, I could only take so much before I snapped and lashed back. When you are young, it is a lot harder to control those emotions, especially if you feel like certain people have it out for you.

Who's to say that wasn't what he was feeling?

Again, there is two sides to every story. He argued with the coaching staff on the sideline, he was frustrated and didn't contain his emotions. That's your basis for stupidity?

If you want a kid that is utterly immature and stupid. Look at Jameis Winston, if anyone deserved to be kicked off of their team for stupidity, it was him. Yet, he has been given chance, after chance, after chance.

If NFL teams still feel there is something to worry about during the interview process, then I can see him falling. If I'm right, and I think I am, if he just had a lot of issues within that program and the way he was treated, I highly doubt he drops that far. I think NFL teams will be able to identify with that, and I think that is ultimately what happens.

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Yea, it's stupid to argue with coaches and players multiple times , not just a few weeks ago, on the sideline and be totally out of control. I don't think you have seen the multiple outbursts, Peters was a madman, had to be restrained, it was ugly. Doe it effect your draft stock??, it sure does in the eyes of most scouts and GMs. I've followed Peters for some time, this is new to many when he got tossed, it wasn't new to me...it's a pattern. Peters has been treated fairly and was talked to previously for his outbursts. He has a no nonsense Coach that won't stand for insubordination.

I'm not saying Peters won't be drafted, he will and should be a good NFLplayer, he just cost himself some money.

I have little tolerance for players or anyone that keeps making the same immature mistakes, it will effect your career if it continues.

As far as Jameis, I guess you haven't read my posts on this site, I wouldn't touch him in Rd 1. Jameis is on the other spectrum of a Coach that protects his ass and sweeps it under the rug.

10. IIMeanDeanII

I'm not questioning your views on other topics. I just used generalized points to further my argument.

I still think that the situation was toxic for both parties, you combine that with him being young, mistakes happen.

A pattern would be something that happens in different settings, with different people. This is something that has been going on since the new regime has taken over. There is a difference to me. It seems isolated towards a specific environment. Being emotional because of a bad a situation isn't right, I agree.

Yet, when you are young, these are the type of things that can build character in an individuals life, good life lessons come from these type of things. I know I've learned some tough lessons because I was stupid, regardless of the circumstance that provoked it.

To say that his stupidity will hurt him heading into the draft, maybe, I just don't agree with that. People make mistakes, people make multiple mistakes when they are surrounded by the same set of circumstances, until those circumstances change, there will be no change. If he shows during interviews that he did make a mistake, that he has learned from it and that the environment was a toxic situation for him, I think he will remain the top corner in this upcoming draft.

He isn't on the team anymore. If this was because of circumstance, if it was a toxic situation and the coaching staff contributed to that, then we will find out soon enough. I still believe there is two sides to every story. You can tell me you have followed him for awhile, that is great, you still will never know the full extent of what was being said and done behind the scenes.

You don't know what had him so upset, who was pushing his buttons, and why he felt like he had to lash out.

Everyone is different, categorizing him as just a stupid kid without really knowing all the details is hard to do for me. I believe and agree he made some stupid decisions, but I'm not going to sit here and point the finger directly at him as if he was the only problem in that situation. I highly doubt it but I don't know either way.

He has a lot of football in front of him, we'll see if there really is a pattern heading into the future.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Chris Petersen doesn't tolerate insubordination, I respect him for standing up to players that violate team rules and don't correct their behavior after being warned.

My point, and even you seem to agree some what, you said ("maybe") , players acting in immature ways effect their draft stock............that's my point, no more or less. I never called Peters "stupid", as far as intelligence, he's a smart Kid, just immature, stupid decisions, and a walking time bomb.

If I had a chance to draft to players with the same talent, one with baggage and without, you take the one that has a higher moral character.

Peters does have "a lot of football ahead of him" , I would just take the player with the better character, if you don't understand it....there's nothing more to say.

12. Murrell2878

Auburn WR Duke Williams hurt and it looks serious.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jaelen Strong another STRONG performance. So many good receivers, can't believe we won't draft 1.

#193 101GangGreen101, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  14. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Anybody happen to catch the Baylor and Oklahoma game? I only was able to catch bits and pieces, and was wondering how Tyrus Thompson did against Oakman...

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I hope he stays another year, and hope for a quick recovery.

16. Matty Jets

I honestly only watched a series or two and whoever guarded Oakman did well.

17. Murrell2878

I have Strong slightly ahead of Cooper right now.

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Depends on the type of receiver you like. Strong lives up to his last name for sure, he's far more physical then Cooper where-as Cooper uses his quickness and elusiveness on the field. Both have improved in regards to catching the football compared to last season. I would love either, but I prefer Cooper and his route running ability, it's superior to Strong.

On this subject of WRs - that's why I still kind of hate the Harvin trade, the WR corps could have been rebuilt in 2 drafts easily, 2014 and 2015 are extremely strong classes for WR. 2014 might be legendary. Harvin and Decker both suffer through injuries - and their future 2 years down the line is questionable at best.

Matty Jets likes this.
  19. IIMeanDeanII

No, I got ya brotha. I just know I've seen players do much, much worse and get a lot less. I think that we all make mistakes, I know we all do. I like this kid and I think he is going to be a good one. So I hope that good things happen for him and ultimately this is a wake up call for him and he takes advantage of the life lesson here heading into the NFL.

20. Matty Jets

A Mariotta/Strong draft could happen, right?! :)