2014 Week 2- New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

that was before the p. i. call became an every pay possibility. its more of a 50/50 proposition nowadays

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

The fact that the whole Jets team is 20 minutes driving distance from me right now is the weirdest thing ever.

Brook!, The Dark Knight and Royal Tee like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets win this game. Their D-line gets to Rodgers, the RB's control the clock. It won't be easy, but it will be 27-24 J-E-T-S over the Packers.

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I really believe the Jets are going to win this game. As bad as the Jets secondary is (And yes, Rodgers may throw for 400 yards), the Packers run defense is just as bad. This will allow the Jets to kill the clock, and limit how many times Rodgers gets his hands on the ball.

I can't believe the spread is GB -9

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I don't care how many yards Rodgers throws for as long as we keep the Packers out of the end zone and limit them to FGs ... he can throw for 1000 yards and I won't give a shit.

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Another big plus is how easily refs call the defensive holding back there. Not much yardage but they get that auto. first down

FJF likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Excellent post....

OMG! We must be on the same wavelength because I've been repeating this mantra from Hayes all week lol

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That could easily work against us, especially since the opposing QB is wearing a ring and is considered among the elite.

LostInMA likes this.
  9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am pretty sure that will work against us.

I feel good about Sunday but we could play great and lose. GB is a good team and they are very tough at home. add in 3 extra days to rest/prepare off a bad loss and this is not going to be easy.

we also haven't been a good road team in recent years, it would be a great sign if we could go into Lambeau and win but it will be a big upset if we do.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The game has changed a lot since Hayes punched that Clemson kid and ended his coaching career in 1978

b.reyes16 and FJF like this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The SONS OF ANARCHY really need to step up on Sunday. That is how the Jets win. The secondary is not bad, but Rodgers can beat good secondaries. The key is getting pressure on him. And stopping Lacy and the run attack. It is not easy, but the Jets D was built to do it. As for offense: Don't commit turnovers, ground and pound to keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands.

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Make some $$$ before they change the spread ;)
    Rodgers will not throw for 400 yds, more like 150-200 I reckon, and as others have said their rush attack is going to get nerfed. Clock is going to be the 12th man in this game > 3 headed HB attack

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Actually NO ONE knows yet how good/bad our secondary is. The Raiders went after Walls a couple of times, then Allen, both played very very well, so I don't know what they learned from that. Best of luck to the Pack, they're the ones needing it. We KNOW what we have and what works.

14. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

this game can be won in the following ways. the forumla to be in a position to win this game is old school and simple.

1) control the clock and run the ball effectively all game
    2) no turnovers
    3) win the war up front on the defensive side of the ball

if we do all of these 3 things it will be 4th quarter and the game will be within 3 points in either direction.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

They will not be able to run on us and I expect whoever is covering Nelson to get help with coverage rolled their way. That leaves Cobb against whoever we choose to cover him with as their biggest favorable match-up. With a QB as good as Rodgers, one favorable match is all they need. Now I wish Wilson hadn't wasted his one solid game a year against the Raiders.

16. legler82

Recent history tells us more than likely we will turn the ball. I think we can still win if we are able to do the other 2.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

People also keep saying secondary like that means only cornerbacks. I really like the way our safeties have played. Pryor and Landry is a good safety duo and if you throw Allen into that category as well with a healthy Dee than that is a good group of safeties. Our secondary is a questionmark but it isnt the downfall of the team like many predicted.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

It sure would be nice if we could actually force some turnovers. I know, I know . . . It's asking a lot of the best defensive front 7 in football.

19. legler82

Forcing turnovers haven't been the problem, it's recovering them that seem to have become somewhat of an impossible feat for this defense.

20. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

For us to win this game has to play a lot like the Saints game last year, which is possible.

Our secondary is overmatched by an elite QB who doesn't make many mistakes (Brees/Rodgers), but we are noticeably superior in both trenches.

The gameplan was very conserative for Geno, but he did what was asked of him. Brees threw for 382 yards but we held them to just 41 yards on the ground, while ourselves running for 198. We won TOP around 31-29.

That game is the blueprint to beat the Packers, and we did it last year with personnel that is inferior to that of today's team. I think it can be done.

b.reyes16 likes this.