2014 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 6, 2014.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I believe you're correct.

2. JohnnyThaJet

Thanks for making my pick Laxin, woke up late and had to shovel so I couldn't get on here until now.

Swanson is a starting center, period, and that's what the 49ers desperately need with Jon Goodwin being 35 and a free agent. I wouldn't be surprised if he found his way into the 1st.

3. JohnnyThaJet

Jetfanmack I'm loving the "Manish Mehta" picture hahhaha hadn't seen that in forever.

4. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

You are right but I said that only because WW85 mentioned that anyone can make Harpua's pick earlier before he went out. Only reason I didn't want to make the pick was because Harpua came on not too long before the latest pick was made so he deserved time to make his own pick.

By rule we'd have to wait until 5.

5. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

ah, gotcha. missed that.

6. BakerMaker

Alright I am making the pick now.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Guys I'll be around for a few minutes than I'm taking the Wife out to dinner, beating the Valentine's day crowd tomorrow.

I should be back around 6:30-7.

Thanks for everyone's help today.

8. BakerMaker

I have the Texans and Raiders board for early round 3.....

9. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Sweet! Post it up for big Tex!

10. JohnnyThaJet

I'll be around to make my raiders pick so no worries.

11. Seattle's dominance at the safety position is a major part of their success. Reality is..they aren't gonna be able to pay everyone in their young secondary.

I had Reynolds as one of the best player's available, he fits what Seattle looks for in terms of size & physicality..he helps out on Special teams early before he is next man up in year 2 or 3.

12. JohnnyThaJet

Tried to completely rebuild the Raiders offense even with their defensive troubles and I think I did so successfully. Garoppolo needs to be groomed and wont be an immediate starter but I truly believe he has all the tools to be a very successful one. He has great footwork, super quick release, very accurate, and competed with Carr for the #1 QB at the Senior Bowl, he'll more than likely be taken somewhere in the 2nd. The trio of Watkins, Yankey, and Garoppolo should all be vital pieces to the future of the Raiders offense.

#292 JohnnyThaJet, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  13. BakerMaker

I really, really wanted him on the Vikings. Was going to take him in early round 3. When I saw your board last night, my gut wrenched.

Thought about him with the Vikings 2nd round pick but that would be a bit of a reach....really thought I would get him to start round 3.

14. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

Hell, I might have even considered Garoppolo with the Rams 3rd round pick, haha.

15. JohnnyThaJet

Well if it wasnt for the damn Broncos I could have went with Carr hahaha. He was my second option to Carr though, seems like one of those guys who nobody really talks about up until a few years after the draft. IMO, whoever takes this kid will get a steal. He needs time, as well as a good coach, but he can be a good QB in this league. There was just no way I could pass up on him all the way in the 3rd round when I value him in the mid 2nd.

#295 JohnnyThaJet, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  16. BakerMaker

Haha I said the same to myself. That Carr pick ruined everything. I thought you would go with another QB though, was kind of surprised about Gara being no.1 on your list.

17. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I almost wonder if the Jets take him with one of their 3rd round picks (the earlier 3rd round pick I'd assume) if they like him a lot.

18. JohnnyThaJet

I was leaning a little towards going defense but a lot of talent had recently come off the board and the Raiders needed a future starting QB. With Watkins and Yankey already selected I thought Jimmy would have a nice setup to come into.

19. BakerMaker

That sucks Attaochu is gone, would have loved him for the Jets in early round 3.

Maybe WW85 throws me a bone? Maybe? There's two players who work here for me.

20. JohnnyThaJet

I'd love to have him here, but I think this organization really likes Geno (which is unfortunate because I dont have much faith in the kid). If they're going to take any QB it more than likely wont be a kid whos a project and needs time, it'll be more like a Carr who seems to be ready for the next level or one of the obvious higher QBs. Ultimately though, I see the Jets loading up on talent to put around Geno rather than replace him.