2014 Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

I won't rest until he's off everything that could possibly transmit his face and/or voice into peoples homes.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

He got 86'd for the Herd...

heartpumpsgreen and alleycat9 like this.
  3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

One trash show for another.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ajax likes this.
  4. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

he has praised bowles and mikey macc a ton since the hires. he even praised his handling of the geno/IK situation instead of piling on like he did in the past.

a lot of the problems came from the old regime. they were very stupid in how they handled the media in general, especially WFAN (since the jets have a deal with ESPN radio). they would block guys from going onto shows, yet had 10,000 leaks to the beat writers and whatnot. blocking guys from the shows (not just mike but other shows too) doesnt make you popular with the hosts by any means. the new regime is a little looser about dealing with both radio stations, and has been able to keep the beat writer leaks to a minimum, which is great since those guys, not the radio guys, will destroy you just to get a few extra readers. at least you can defend yourself with the radio guys.

5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

That being said - it was 90% all Giants on his Monday show. If he took 5 Jet callers that was excessive. What I disliked most was his 'can't really say much' statement regarding the Jets/Browns outcome. No praise for the way any part of the offence performed.....if it were the Giants, whole different game.

6. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I'll never understand why people care so much about his opinion. He intentionally trolls Jet Fans to get them riled up. Negativity sells. At the end of the day, it's just sports radio.

7. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

But wasn't he being truthful ? It was a nice Jets win but not much can be said. The Giants loss made for great radio so it should have dominated the day.

8. bhav2k1

bhav2k1 Member

Given the giants stuff with the Jennings comment about being told not to score coming out when he was on the air it is hard to blame him.

9. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Can you blame him though. If the Jets had lost to the Cowboys like that we would all be "SOJ SOJ SOJ SOJ". And had the Giants beaten the browns it woudl have been a non story. When Eli made that throw, i immediately thought SOJ in my head, and realized the Giants were playing.

10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I have not listened to him for a very long time,,,that said it might be worth it to listen today and all his excuses that he will make for his butt buddy Andrew Luck

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

dey have no line

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Is that what he said?

Honestly my buddy is a Bills fan so I watched a bit of them last week too and after seeing them last night I don't think they are a very good team. They get the benefit of playing in the worst division in football because the Jets dominated them on both sides of the ball. ST was a wash. I also think Luck while a good QB is way too mistake prone to be considered "elite" . I think he's just too young to be listed in the Phillip Rivers category but that's the type of career I think he will have. A very good but not elite career.

Br4d likes this.
  13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

tank is IN LOVE with luck. and he has been making excuses for him every time i hear him talk about the colts. i dont listen to him often but i can guarantee you he will talk about how they have no line, their guys they brought in are over the hill and how the gm is looking for names rather than football players.

hes right too, the gm appears to be a complete jackass.

14. Barry the Baptist

Like I said, I don't think they are a good team. They may win the division again but they are not a SB caliber team. They are old, their OL stinks, their DL is average and their secondary is torn to shit. They have some playmakers on O and i think the the Dorsett kid will be a good one they really aren't that good

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

So far he's praised Da Jets FO, killed da Colts FO, and killed classless Rex. Luck has no suppawt!

alleycat9 and greenbeanz like this.
  16. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Some prank caller just asked tank what will happen first: Jets lose or we put a man on Mawws

17. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

hes also praising bowles specifically.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Luck is going to suffer from being compared to Peyton Manning up until the day he lives Indy, which might be in 16 years for all we know.

I think he's actually a better QB than Manning in terms of his ability but I think Peyton caught the perfect wave in Indy and it is going to be very hard for Luck to beat that.

19. Barry the Baptist

He's definitely much more mobile than Manning and I think he has better flow to his game, Manning always looks like a dying whale when he gets up to the line.

20. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

All which is true