2014 Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

As annoying as Francesa is (he tried picking a fight with an 81 yr old man the other day) his sports talk format is a cut above everyone else. I can't stand listening to most sports talk show hosts because they all think they're comedians and are usually just annoying. Although Rob Dibble's show on ESPN Hartford is pretty good.

greenbeanz and soxxx like this.
  2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He knows how to do a good show. He gets a lot of callers through, which is good and bad but at least you get to hear a lot of stuff.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The thing that makes Francesa worth listening too/watching is that he's the only sports talk show host who doesn't think he is a comedian and yet funny stuff comes out of his mouth all the time.

I'm a Boomer and Carton guy. I'm a Joe and Evan guy. I listen to those guys for the banter and because I know they will say something of value at some point if I keep listening. With Francesa it's mostly a train wreck but it's a funny train wreck and it has great entertainment value at times.

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I wish Joe and Evan would get a TV deal, to bad they cant right now. (SNY or someone should pick em up)

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well hes been proclaiming Eli and elite QB for years (although he is no long a HOFer yet he was a couple years ago)

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Wait a second. Whatta you outta ya mind? He was a Hall of Fama but now he's not? Ahh you lost? He's eitha a Hall of Fama aww he's not. A Hall of Fama is a Hall of Fama.

7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

He's like a joke that everyone is in on except for him

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He was proclaiming Eli a HOFer since he won 46, but the last according to Francesa is "he has werk to do".

Like ive been telling people for years, you need a SERVICEABLE QB to win, you dont need an ELITE like all those media heads were spewing after Brees and Rodgers won it.

9. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

biggio was a compilah. da only reason he eva had da numbas is becawse he played for a hundred ye-ahs. a compilah is not a hall a fama. (long pause, adjusts mic, chugs diet coke) jimmy from hasbrouk jimmy howayah

The Uniform Bomber and Cakes like this.
  10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

in all honesty tho, theres no one on sports radio who delivers more unintentional comedy, than mike francesa. between the yelling and condescending tone with callers (and like 99.9% of them deserve it), his CONSTANTLY getting names wrong like an old man, and his world class rambling with his heavy ny accent, its just a pure laugh riot. heres some of my favorite ones

"ANDY PETTITE IS A STAHTIN PITCHAH!!!!"

mike not knowing who al alburquerque is and thinking he got pranked

renee from the bronx wanting a tarp over metlife stadium

mike breaking the tortorella firing (RIGHT NOW!!!)

6 minutes of mike just freaking out

Faux machine and Cakes like this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I can't wait to hear Francesa make more excuses for the Giants this year

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Why does this guy support Lawrence Taylor the pedophile?

14. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This is pretty much exactly how I feel.

People rag on B&C for not being sports guys, but that's really not what their roles and values are to the station. Joe & Evan and a bunch of other guys fill those roles for the station. Having said that, I think Boomer knows his shit when it comes to football; he says some good stuff during the Season.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ehh thats where my problem lies with B & C, I listen to WFAN to listen to Sports, relevant sports, I dont need to hear about how they golfed over the weekend or some baseball game they played in. Thats just me though.

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I hear you. But the reality is that they're morning entertainment. And they do it well. To get a nationally televised show when you're primary focus of sports is in one geographic area -- that means they're doing something right.

But I totally get what you mean. I used to be frustrated when I would listen to them for sports, but now that I get their schtick, it doesn't bother me.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Mike's back. Let the entertainment roll....

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

-Doesnt think the Giants are any good
    -Continue's to blow Andrew Luck but thinks the line is so bad that Lucks health is in serious danger
    -Thinks Vick should be a reliever for the Jets, put him in when they are really down

19. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Don't we already have one of these? If not please provide said entertainment.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

No they got locked, months ago. Ill keep the updates coming, probably going to be watching his show for the rest of the week.