2014 Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Petey

Petey Active Member

Joke's on him. Giants are gonna be garbage this year while there's a good chance the Jets are at least competitive into December. Hope he has fun interviewing horrendous Eli in December about meaningless games while he can't get a single Jet on his show.

2. I have a similar feeling about this Giants team.

Francesa better pray they don't really stink cause if they do he's gonna have to pretend NFL football doesn't exist come late November. I can see him now clinging onto his weekly Troy Aikman "NFC Only" interview desperately trying to avoid AFC talk & anything surrounding the Jets.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Francesca is famous for Jets bashing. I remember one time during a show he admitted he had problems with the Jets a few years back about setting up a remote. He doesn't like the Jets and the way it sounded still holds a grudge on it. He was so ridiculously anti-Jet that he unknowingly created controversy. IMO he thought it could be good radio and bring in an audience of haters (Jets fans). So he does it on purpose to piss people off.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I called this 4 years ago. He does his anti JETS crap for ratings, not for personal reasons. Nobody wanted to believe me. It's common sense. The guy makes zero decisions without considering ratings.

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You know what you ahh? Yaw a fool. Dat's what you ahh. You waited fawty five minutes to be a fool and it's not even gonna make it on da radio.

6. My dream is to gather like 100 people on a random August afternoon all calling in to talk islanders hockey. His head might explode

7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This thread is pretty astounding,,,,,,I am surprised more like shocked that Francessa stayed awake long enough to mock anyone !

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Dogging Fatty's wife? You're thinking about Birddog Belichick.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

10. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I really enjoy Francesa as well. I really don't listen to him for his commentary on sports but more for the other reasons suggested in the thread. I absolutely love when he takes calls because one of two things usually happens..

1) he's a condescending piece of shit
    2) someone messes with him

Either way both are hilarious to me. My favorite is when someone calls to talk about the rangers and he goes "I don't wanna talk about the rangers. It's my show we'll talk about what I want" I always laugh my ass off he's such a prick.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If there's a sports personality you really don't care to hear what they have to say then wait from him to get on the Francesa show and go listen to it.

12. DJ WOO Child

DJ WOO Child New Member

Francesa is a clown but at times it is hilarious... I been listening to him for years and since I moved out west I still listen sometimes but you can't take anything he says serious about the jets because he throws daggers because no one in organization wants to go on his show..... And he thinks he helped the giants win those superbowls the guys fucking delusional.....

13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

And he doesn't get along with Joe/Evan either given how sensitive he is to their poking fun at their summer hours. It's hilarious how his own fellow co-hosts can't stand him.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I tuned in for a minute the other day, he opened up an interview w/ Coughlin saying "the giants are coming off a rare down year"[​IMG]

They do have a SB but they wouldn't have made the playoffs in any other division that year and since 2009 they have made just that one postseason app at 9-7 in a weak division.

15. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He-as da Mink.

_

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Ahahaha Colin Cowherd firing shots at Francesa. I would consider paying money to see those two square off in a debate.

DJ WOO Child likes this.
  18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I cant stand either, both of these guys have been preaching "YOU MUST HAVE AN ELITE QB TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL........IF YOU HAVE AN ELITE QB YOU ARE ALWAYS A CONTENDER" for years. Both have backed off that stance due to recent events, bunch of morons they are though for preaching that nonsense for so many years.

19. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

I don't agree with everything he says, but I love listening to Colin's show. I think he's hilarious. Unfortunately, he's often too much of a Pats homer, but hey, he did pick the Jets as a wild card team in his playoff picks a week or so ago.

20. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

The second part of that statement is pretty much true though. Aside from the Bountygate season, the Saints have usually been in contention with Brees. Ditto the Pats with Brady, Manning and his teams, and Rodgers in GB aside from his rookie year.