2013 Week 2 - New York Jets @ New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Rivers. Romo.gabbert.henne.skelton.Quinn.McCoy.fitzpatrick.jackson.

You were saying?

How about..a guy that played for the worst OC in the league, for the last 4 years.

Half that list had twice as many weapons.

Larry Fitzgerald,

Dez Bryant, jason Witten,

Ap.

Yeah, Sanchez gets Schotty and shit, and...has what...more playoff wins, than all of them combined?

He is the problem, and the worst QB in the league.

Moron.

#221 Hobbes3259, Sep 10, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  2. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

first of all Sanchez didn't outperform him

both had 3 turnovers and none of Geno's were returned for scores or in the RZ

second the Bills didn't trade up for EJ they traded back so the Rams could hop us and take Tavon

he does look good but here's the difference

Buffalo made it known he was the guy, he was being groomed for the role to come in day 1 and play and he did just that

Geno had to compete and had less reps and limited continuity due to switching every 2 days with Sanchez

you want to win 11 or 12 games but fail to see the Jets only won more than 9 games once in the 4 years Sanchez has started

you can be critical of Geno but all you do is bash him by trying to compare to Mark's shortcomings thats not fair to him

3. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Rivers and Romo are better than Sanchez

and Schotty isn't the worst OC

just stop you're making a fool of yourself

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

Please dont use the same old bullshit "who had a better preseason" and then cite 2 mistakes by the rookie. You know, the same preseason where Sanchez threw a pick 6 to a DE, a pick in the redzone, fucked up majorly on time management in the endzone at the end of a half (so dont bring up time outs), and also fumbled a snap from center? Yeah! What an outstanding preseason!

Sanchez had 2 good drives all preseason. He didnt move the ball much outside of 1 drive vs the Lions and 1 drive vs the Jags. Please give this up. You sound pathetic citing preseason play to back up your asinine argument.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

And once again a thread is hi-jacked by Hobbes and his Sanchez bullshit.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

honestly I haven't been a fan of Geno but god I hope he keeps balling out and improving every week so that soon, once and for all Hobbes will have to shut the fuck up about Sanchez.

7. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I'm worried about Kerley being out. Obobanu's alright, I guess, but who is gonna start at the slot?

8. RUSH

RUSH Member

you don't understand how option routes work, do you?

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

The jets accidentally won against Tampa and now I can't believe they're going to back themselves into another win. The Pats are without all of their top weapons, losing Amendola and Vereen this week. With no Gronkowski, they'll have no one to throw to. Unbelievable. At this point if the jets DON'T win it would be embarrassing. Amendola was all they had before.

10. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Are there really people still pining for Sanchez??

Are they feeling sorry for the Patriots or something? I agree with the idea that if the Jets don't win on Thursday there are going to be a LOT of unhappy fans here on Friday.

#230 PatsFan2003, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Keep this on topic fellas!

If we can get pressure again just w/ the front 4...we have a legit chance... This is where the Coples injury is gonna hurt ...but Barnes sure did look legit!

12. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

how do you win by accident

GTFO, we won by not making as many mental mistakes as the Buccaneers

and if we beat the Patriots its because we made the right decisions

without their guys they still have a talented team

no one on D is missing and they got Brady and his O-Line

no excuses like BB said guys have to be ready to play

13. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

We can NOT turn the ball over

protect the ball
    force 1 turnover
    1 special teams TD

and we can win this game

14. DanR

DanR Active Member

They fact that Patriots is limited at WR and RB excites Brady. If Brady loses he can say Jets won with everybody out. If Pats win it gives him more the reason to pour salt in the Jets wound. Its a win win for Brady and the Pats. Brady loves these count him out type of games.

15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Surely no-one with half a brain ever counts Brady out? He will still move the ball, the injuries just mean that we have a better shout at limiting how many points they score, which gives us a better chance of winning.

The media (who I guess have more than half a brain and just choose not to use it) might spin it as a lose/lose for the Jets, but you can bet that Brady and Bellichick aren't thinking about anything but a win.

16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I'd take Romo over Sanchez any day of the week. Yeah he screws up almost as often as Sanchez but he brings more to the table.

Fitzpatrick is a tossup with Sanchez, Sanchez just played for much better team for 2 years. Same with Gabbert.

Skelton, Quinn and Jackson haven't been full time starters over the past 4 years so out the window since the topic is STARTING QB's over the past 4 years.

17. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

This game is hard to call, the Patriots are the most vulnerable they've been offensively in a decade....however if you'll notice Billy has been rebuilding the defense and shifting the focus back to defense now that Brady is nearing the end of his career. Look where the focus of their last two drafts have been, not on offense.

And honestly, as long as the Patriots have Brady as long as you have an O-line he'll make names out of unknown recievers. He's one of those QB's that raises the play level of his receivers.

18. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Ha. I picked up our defense for fantasy this week.

Projected 2 points. That's funny.

19. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Just because they won at the end does not mean that they accidentally won. They dominated Tampa Bay pretty much the entire game defensively and yea they got a penalty at the end to give them field position to go for the win, but a penalty at the end of the game is as equal to a penalty earlier in the game. Just as points in the 1st equal points in the 4th. A game is 60 minutes not 59 minutes and then a minute of luck. And you guys couldnt beat them without their weapons either, what is the point? You had a chance at the end of the game to shut them down with an injured Amendola as the only one Brady was throwing to, and you couldn't do it. Are you embarrassed.

To me there will probably be people that are mad as there always are after a loss. But, to me personally I will only be mad if they lose due to A. Questionable officiating calls or B. A dud of a game by Geno. Otherwise, I will continue to put up with rebuilding and take losses as a learning experience for Geno and the Jets.

That to me is why it is not a must win. Its a rookie QB going up against a good defensive coach with an improved defense. Yea the offense is not as good but Brady is still Brady.

#239 SienaSaints, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Projected -6 in my league

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.