2013 Week 13 Miami @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Nov 24, 2013.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Agreed, these last 5 games are make or break, we almost have to win out to secure that 6th seed since most of the current 5-6 teams hold the tiebreaker on us. Can we finally start clicking on offense and produce some points? Can the defense stop giving up deep throws? We will find out the answer to those questions these last 5 games.

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Would have liked to have seen Simms get a shot. Don't see how it hurts this team if he does.

But whatever. Let's see how Geno fairs at home for the first time in a few weeks.

3. Mitch_Dumstein

Three of the last five as wins is definite. Good chance for a fourth in Miami that probably gets the second wc

4. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

That over-reaction after the loss to the Bills was crazy. Look at the next week, the offense bounced right back.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Well Draino is starting again, I'll take a Top 10 pick AND a new HC. Whoop Whoop.

6. NFL

NFL Active Member

Their line hasn't been too good anyways and they've struggled running the ball all year. Shouldn't be much of a problem leaving the safety deep to cover Wallace.

7. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

His targets can get separation on a mediocre secondary minus Grimes and the OLine can actually do their job even if Cam Wake becomes a pest?

The game is a winnable game but it is just a matter if we actually call some good plays and if our OLine actually performs well. It is no guarantee Geno takes advantage of all of this now granted but at the very least, give this stuff to the kid and then judge him and if he can't take advantage of it, then it is right to criticize him solely like this board has been doing.

Tannehill will make Hartline look good since Milliner is covering him but it is on the offense to sustain some time consuming drives.

8. BakerMaker

Wallace has been pretty soft this year even though he had a solid game yesterday. You toughen him up at the LOS before 5 yards, he gets phased out of his route.

It is Hartline and Matthews who should scare you. Also Lamar Miller IF he can get a RB screen, as a runner Miller/Thomas will do nothing and the Jets DLine should hang up the cleats if they can't get 4 sacks on Tannehill.

For some reason, I am kinda confident about this game in regards to winning. Not so much that the Jets are good but it is Miami that seems snake bitten with their luck this year. Then again I felt confident vs the Bills.

9. shelbyblue

shelbyblue Member

Cro pretending to be injured to have an excuse for constantly being burnt.

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Smith named starter....it's over. Just ruins the entire week knowing that excuse of a qb will. E leading the team to 3& out after 3&out

11. BakerMaker

The rookie QB is as good as what is surrounding him. If the supporting cast steps their game up, and Geno can't deliver....then it is something worth while to discuss but we need to see some of these playmakers and even the OLine step up and give everyone that claim.

12. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Even If Geno Sucks i want him to have full 16 starts tho , I did give up on him personally but i want the staff to be sure about draft a Qb next season or that he proves me wrong the rest of the way. Simms isnt the answer Geno has a 5% of being let him play

13. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

what playmakers dude??

Geno doesnt have much help but how can we expect the WRs or TEs to do anything when he cant even complete a pass? the entire offense sucks but it only goes as far as the QB takes it rookie or not

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I agree, I want a top 5 pick as well!

15. 85inthehall

Why? He is a 2nd round pick. No one would say let Kellen Clemens start 16 games as a rookie no matter what! No one is screaming for vlad to be on the offensive line. No one is screaming to have Dee at corner back all the time and he was the 9 pick . Geno was never considered nfl ready, never deemed elite, and he has shown the nfl game is beyond him.

See if Simms can do anything because smith is bringing down the entire offense.

#75 85inthehall, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  16. BakerMaker

The Falcons/Texans/Jaguars/Vikings/Redskins(Well Rams now) have the top 5 locked at this point with the order varying unless one of the teams just pulls a magic rabbit out of their hat.

17. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

i think we can all agree that our future QB is not on the roster

who's out there for trade besides RG3's backup? maybe we can make a move in the offseason??

18. 85inthehall

No one is available and they can give up draft picks for a backup qb when then have so many needs to address in the draft

19. BakerMaker

Cutler.....Vick.....Schaub......Mallett(Though NE would never talk to us).....Locker if TEN takes a QB. Cutler would take much of our cap room though.

20. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

oh cmon dude there will be players available in the offseason and during the draft

your kidding yourself if you think other wise and if the Jets traded for a QB he wouldnt be a backup!