2012 Week 8 - Miami Dolphins at New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I know he was the O coordinator so he takes responsibility but he wasn't the playcaller in GB and he isn't the O coordinator here. I've seen you rightly admonish people here who talk about how Sparano's offense sucked in Miami where he wasn't the O coordinator so this is pretty similar.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's fair, I didn't know he wasn't calling plays for GB as the OC. Didn't he install his offensive system in Miami?

Regardless, the current Dolphins offense isn't what it was in prior years vs. Rex.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I really don't know about his "system" or whatever, but I guess he and Sherman have similar philosphies as far as offense is concerned. And I remember reading that Philbin was basically the o-line guru in GB.

But yeah your main point was right about this being a completely different offense.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Just got tix from work to go see the Jets/Dolphins.

Has anyone been to game at one of the suite's? Says President's Circle on my ticket lol

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yep. This is the biggest game the Jets and Fins have played since week 17 in 2008. The winner will have a decent shot at a playoff spot and the loser will most likely miss out.

For the Fins a win here would put them at 4-3 with a new head coach and a rookie QB, The rest of the schedule basically includes the Seahawks in Miami, the 49ers in SF and 2 games against the Pats. Their path to 9 wins is easy to plot out in that schedule and 10 is not out of the question.

For the Jets a win makes them 4-4 at the bye and forestalls crazy panic moves at the trading deadline. The path to 9-7 is also pretty easy to divine from that spot.

A loss by the Fins makes the picture much more grim. They probably win 7 games, maybe 8 at that point and miss the playoffs even in the flat AFC this season.

A loss by the Jets puts them at 3-5 at the bye and all hell breaks loose as the FO works overtime to prevent the media-storm to come.

6. QWake

QWake New Member

All I can say is Go Phins!! On a side note, I completely have a differnt view of your team now without Revis and Holmes.. I feel like its a blessing in disguise for the rest of your team to grow.. Obviously they have.. Point is, it broke the one track mind set that Sanchez has always making sure Holmes isnt open so he doenst get shit on after the play lmao.. Your team is definitely better without you Diva Reciever...

Secondly on Defense, Kyle Wilson is getting a chance to grow.

Anyways, I hope we stomp your Teams ass, but I also hope there are no injuries on either side.. Maybe whichever team wins will knock New England off their hi horse later on this year.. As much as I hate the Jets, Id rather see them take it home than New Englands prissy friggen asses..

Lastly- Great game against New England, I found myself actually rooting for the Jets verbally out loud.. I vomited soon after and then Sanchez fumbled the ball so I vomited again.

Heres to a good game Sunday, may the best Team win!!

Go Fins...

"God,I hate that Bob Barker guy"

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

So, since the game is in NJ this Sunday, I wonder how much of an impact the hurricane may have on it.

8. QWake

QWake New Member

I'd say the Hurricane rains may impact the game by making our Teams moist? Hopefully not too soggy on either side!!

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I thought some models had it clear skies?

10. QWake

QWake New Member

They are saying a little rain and the storms will hit late Sunday night the last I saw on the news. Should be a little nasty but nothing real bad I hope anyways.

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Current forecast calls for 40% chance of showers and 17 mph winds.

12. QWake

QWake New Member

Gonna be another crazy Jets Dolphins game.. Go figure. I hope Reggie barrows some of that sticky substance the Chargers just got caught with lmao. Hot Sauce will surely be applied if we can't pass the ball.
    Soggy Bottom Boys!!

#172 QWake, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  13. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

Kick offs, punting and field goal attempts might be fun to watch. :rofl:

14. QWake

QWake New Member

Sporano will be fist pumping in the rain with all the field goals this Sunday lmao..

15. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It's going to rain and the wind will be around 20mph. Nothing too crazy, but the game will be sloppy and played mainly on the ground. Advantage: Miami.

Unless of course you know who comes in ...

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that neutralize some of the bigger runs Reggie could get by bouncing outside or is our field efficient enough at draining water where it won't really matter?

17. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Field's pretty darn efficient, from what I've read/heard.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Alright, thanks for that.

19. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Looks like we are going to have Aussie available for this game, he just got promoted to active roster, hopefully he can be valuable blocking.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Huh? Link?