2012 Week 8 - Miami Dolphins at New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

If I recall correctly one of the 3 picks in the Texans game was pretty bad when he threw to a covered guy. As for the tipped passes those are definitely partly on the QB, albeit JJ Twat is a monster.

Tannehill has definitely looked sharp in the short to intermediate passing game. He needs to hit more big plays if we are going to beat good teams this year, though that will be a chore since we have nobody who can get open deep.

If we want to win this game we will need to run the ball, attack the seams, use screens to try to exploit the Jets LBs, and give Tannehill some rollouts to use his athleticism. I don't see us beating the Jets by attacking their secondary deep, since teams with better QBs have not been able to do so.

#141 BeastBeach, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

sanchez 4 picks, we lose 20-0

3. FriendlyDolphin

How do we know it wasn't going to be completed if all of them were TIPPED and never reached their man? And how do you know mention the O-line who takes most of the responsibility on those tipped passes. It's kind of what happened to sanchez in the texans game as well except JJ watt made a big play and it wasn't really sanchez fault.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I said it was partly Tannehill's fault. The QB can slide to find a passing lane and/or not lock onto a receiver to help prevent it. Of course, the reason I said partly is because it is also on the o-line and you have to give credit to Twatt for making the play.

As for the picked ball, I was referring to this pick, which was not tipped. It was just a bad decision:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/miami-dolphins/0ap1000000060697/Texans-defense-INT

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I think we'll see a much different Jets offense than we did in the first game.

6. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

Miami blew their chance the last time we played...we had no business winning that game, Bush was tearing us apart before he got injured...Tannehill looked o.k. but it seems any Miami QB against Rex’s teams plays well...

But we have improved exponentially since that game, stopping the run & our passing offence...two keys to the game...

1. Will Miami run the ball? i.e. over 150 yards...if they do they have a real shot
    2. Will Sanchez throw for over 260 yards? With 1 or no interceptions...the Jets will win...

Miami has exceeded expectations but a win in this game makes them contenders for the division & pretty much kills our chances...who will blink? I just don’t see us losing to go 2 games below .500...I will truly be surprised if we lose....

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Going into this game, the Jets have won every game that vegas has them favored in this season.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Madden has us winning a tight game as well.

9. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Are you even a Jets fan?

What's with this kind of bullshit "predictions?" It still amazes me how some of you morons want us to get killed and want our QB to play like shit. You people should drop dead. You have no business rooting for the Jets.

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the jets have a long history of winning games you don't expect them to win, only to lose games you don't expect them to lose.:shit:

11. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Keller's going to have a big game. Jets win 31-17

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I think you missed the reverse psyc...:beer:

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I haven't heard anything, but I really hope Pou'ha or Ellis is ready for this game. Ellis might have another week or 2 before he's back, but Pou'ha has to be close! He's been seriously disappointing so far. I don't really mean his play, just the fact that he's been out most of the year and we just gave him a deal. Devito is decent, but he's no Pou'ha, plus more tackles = less slow linebackers playing on many snaps. :smile:

#153 Barcs, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  14. Ted

Ted Member

#154 Ted, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  15. NJJets20

NJJets20 Active Member

27-19 jets.

16. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

16-13, either team. I am at a crossroads...

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

48-0 Jets.

What? It could happen :smile:

18. tubby

tubby Active Member

I actually think the Jets come out and win fairly comfortably. They have been playing much better the past few weeks.

If the Jets can limit the Phins rushing attack I have a feeling it's going to be a long day for Tannehill.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I am pretty much with you on this one. The Jets did score more against NE than I predicted last week, but still lost and of course I had not seen NE play before, and now understand that they really have a crap pass D.

Miami has a better overall D than NE does. So it's entirely likely that the Jets score less than the mid twenties, and that may mean down to the mid teens.

Meanwhile the Jet D has had its issues with Miami ever since Ryan came here. The flip side of predictions on the NE game was that the D did a great job stifling the Pats O. And Miami's O is nowhere as good as NE's.

The key will likely be Sanchez and whether he can avoid turnovers. But of course he has not been avoiding turnovers. If that keeps up, the Jets will lose.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I think that's a reasonable post but what does Ryan's D struggling with past Miami teams have to do with this one? Philbin is obviously running a different offense. Rex's D shut down Philbin's Packer offense at home in 2010 with Aaron Rodgers at QB.