2012 Week 8 - Miami Dolphins at New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

As long as we don't come out flat, which is what I fear, I think we'll wind up winning this one by 3-7 points. However, if we come out flat, Miami could win by double digits. They had us three separate times Week 3. Something's got to give sooner or later. Hopefully we come out fired up and jump on them quickly, forcing Tannehill to throw, otherwise it could be a long afternoon.

2. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

Just an FYI to Jet fans, the Pats Secondary SUCKS this year. (and seems EVERY Year.) We were happy they didnt give up any bone headed deep passes for TD on Sunday. (And with 3 rookies in the secondary we expected growing pains.) So DON'T think that "Oh Sanchez threw for over 300 against NE then he will smoke the phins" Sorry the Phins D is at least in the secondary a lot better than NE.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

They should have given up a bone headed deep TD if not for a terrible throw by Sanchez. The Dolphins have the 28th ranked passing defense, the Pats have the 29th.

Sanchez has been playing better since we got by the stretch of playing the top 3 defenses in 4 weeks and Keller returned. He still has things to clean up but I think he's going to continue to play better for us then he did for that tough stretch.

4. MurrellMartin

Anyone who doesn't have an agenda to back Sanchez realizes this, but Santonio Holmes did torch Miami's secondary in Week 3 and if Jeremy Kerley or Stephen Stonehands Hill can take over that role, the Jets will have a chance to win this game as long as the defense plays like it has the last few weeks.

5. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

Longtimejets.

Hmm I thought the Pats Pass D was 31st lol.. and that throw was gawd awful from sanchez (your talking about the one that was INT right... looked like someone yelled "PULL" for that throw.)

And I thought the Phins Pass D was in the middle of the pact I stand corrected. (But the Pats Pass D truly truly sucks!)

I think the Jets-Phins game comes down to 2 things.

1. Will Sanchez make any foolish mistakes (the INT was just awful, against NE and cost you a min 3 points.)

2. Will the Jets D be able stop the run. (Pats game we were down to just Ridley as Bolden was out so game played differently with Vareen who isnt as good.)

I see a close game coming down to a turnover being the difference.

6. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I can't imagnie the Jets losing this game. And...that worries me a little...

7. Ted

Ted Member

Actually, the Dolphins run game has tailed out the last couple of games and the secondary has improved. It's hard to rely on stats to make a determination because it doesn't measure what defenses you have played, weather conditions, injuries, trends, etc.

This game will come down to Miami's ability to deal with Keller, the Jets ability to stop Reggie Bush and turnover differential.

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't consider any game a gimmie in this league...maybe playing the Browns, but that's about it. Personally I think the Jets win this one, mostly because the Jets beat them last time while struggling on the road. Now we seem to be getting our shit together and we're on home field.

That being said, pretty much anything can happen especially when these two teams get together.

I'm going to say 24-17 for the Jets.

9. MurrellMartin

Don't forget our ability to deal with Fasano.

10. Ted

Ted Member

I really don't see Fasano as much of a threat. He gets targeted probably 4-5 times a game and normally catches most of what's thrown his way but he doesn't really make big plays. He only has 22 catches and 2 TDs. To me, he doesn't pose as big a threat as Keller does because Keller normally has good games against the Dolphins and he is Sanchez's security blanket.

11. MurrellMartin

Against the Jets, every TE is a threat. Sure, Dustin is a bigger threat, but Fasano will find open seams in this defense.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's funny you would say people who don't agree that the Dolphins secondary is way better than the Patriots have an agenda when the Fins have the 28th ranked pass defense in the league compared to the Pats 29th.

13. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

you're going with one of the knicks?

zing!

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Which stats are off? I got them directly from ESPN based on yards per game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/rushingYardsPerGame

You can't go by total yards because some teams have already had their bye while others have not.

Foster also had 2 TDs against you. You got splattered by 20 points.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Miami's secondary is ranked 28th in the league in yards per game. It's not like they're great or even that much better than the Pats. I think it's all about Keller. We will live and die with him this game.

#135 Barcs, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sanchez already threw for 300+ against the Phags. CAN'T WAIT.

17. NJJets20

NJJets20 Active Member

Is anyone interested in tickets for this game? I have two seats and a parking pass that I would like to sell. I am a season ticket holder but I can't make it to the game this weekend.

I don't know if I posted this in the right area.... My apologies if I didn't.

#137 NJJets20, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  18. jetsfank57

jetsfank57 New Member

Sanchez will find a way to make them look like the 1st ranked...

19. FriendlyDolphin

Because those people actually watched the game and know stats don't tell the whole story and no matt moore wasn't playing better even with brandon marshall out there. 3 of tannehills picks were against the texans and they were all tipped passes (2 from jj swatt) Another was on hartline he fell accidentally to the ground while the ball was in the air and the CB got a free be. The only 2 that were his fault was against the cardinals where he got hit while throwing and fucked up his throw leading to a interception and the pick 6 against the jets. He has played well for a rookie especially with his WR core, has been one of the best QBs against the blitz, has already thrown 400 yards in a game, has his team at .500 and currently in the race for the playoffs, has been more accurate and has thrown more yards in 6 games than a QB in his 4th year in 7 games.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Like a few weeks ago when he threw for over 300 on them when we couldn't run the ball at all..

Anyway I'm going to the game this sunday. Can't wait I love the divisional games.