2012 Week 8 - Miami Dolphins at New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 21, 2012.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Have you seen the last decade of mediocre and awful QBs that we have had?

This one seems to have a brain and can throw the ball and is doing it with out number 1 WR...Good enough for us. :up:

None of us thought that 6 games in we would be 3-3...I predicted 4 wins...

2. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

From what I remember, he was running inside decently against the Jets the first time, but then got hurt on an idiotic playcall. He is essential this week!

I think we said this before too, but if Greene is really on a roll, the playaction game will eat our secondary alive.

3. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I went from 7 to 5 once we announced Ryan would start ...

Tannehill looks even more impressive after watching Henne yesterday lol :beer:

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He looks mobile in the pocket and has an accurate deep and mid range throw and he could get better, I agree with that, but for this matchup in particular edge goes to RR and Pettine. They destroy rookie QBs. I expect Tannehill to be confused all day. Guess I shoulda said he ain't shit [right now].

Oh and piss on the Blowholes :up:

#64 Jake, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

They didn't "destroy" Tannehill in the last matchup so with more experience and more injuries on your team I don't know how you can expect to "destroy" him this time around.

Sanchez has had some terrible games against us so I could just as easily expect that to happen

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

No Doubt. I figured it was a given you'd expect Sanchez to stink it up, he's the worst QB in the league apparently.

No they didn't destroy Tannehill per se but the confusion destroys any rooks outlook on the game. Ability to read and figure out disguised coverages every week is what separates the elite six or w/e from the rest of the bunch. I trust RR/Pettine to confuse the fuck outta the kid. It takes years to master that craft. Next week in particular, if we stop the run you're fucked. I do realize you have a good run game and may establish the run. Then we got a ball game.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Miami is going to try and run run run on us and we should try to pass pass pass on them.

The Jets although they have been better recently have had major issues stopping the run this season and Miami has had major issues stopping the pass. This game could come down to who does a better job at managing their weakness.

From a Jets perspective if we can play well enough against the run and exploit their weak secondary we should be able to win this game by more then a touchdown. I dont think Tannehill will be able to come in here and throw it all over the field on us.

8. Jetsjack

Jetsjack New Member

If we can score 17 against the texans without our number 1 and 2 receivers we should be able to put up ATLEAST 24 against th below average dolphins pass D. There run d is good so don't expect anything out of that. But if Sanchez can hit kerley and hill for big gains down the feild we can score. The key on defense is stopping Reggie bush.

9. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

You are exactly right!

I don't think the Jets will be able to run on us at all ... however Keller seems to always be a big weapon against us! I don't expect Tannehill to have a big game either. If he can have a game something to the effect of 15-23 170 yards 1 td and NO TURNOVERS ... we have a great shot to win.

Sanchez has had great games against us and some horrible games like last year's finale ... which one shows up will be a huge key obviously

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

They didnt? Destroyed might be to strong a word but Tannehill completed 44% of his passes with a QB rating of 50.2, and he threw a pick 6. I'll take those same results this time around minus the pick 6 and if we get them i'm pretty confident we win.

Tannehill has to play better then he did the first game against us for you guys to win.

#70 kevmvp, Oct 22, 2012
  11. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

You guys have Sparano the field goal fist pumper, and last night I saw Rex pump his fist after a field goal also. It's only a matter of time before you guys are fully infected with the disease we had last year.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I don't think Sparano has done a bad job overall. I hate blaming the play-calling, I usually chalk it up to lack of execution when it fails. I have liked Sparano's Erhardt-Perkins playbook as opposed to Coryell/Schittenheimer. I like how Sparano has committed to the run, always show run even if it isn't working because u can't become one dimensional ever. Now they are starting to pick up the run game with more and more reps. They have also been taking shots deep regularly unlike last year where I swear they never even tried. Kerley and Hill look like players so far.

Edit: I did hate the slant call to Schilens on 3rd and 1 at the 2. Wanted a Tebow run or throw. But apparently Keller was open Chez missed him.

#72 Jake, Oct 22, 2012
  13. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

That 3rd and 2 pass play was pure Morono...

Playing for the Fist Pump. :rofl:

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I thought the call for the dropped Hill pass was a great call they sold out for the run he was wide open. If he catches that perfect ball, that's game. Lack of execution.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

For the people doom and gloom about this game, just look a couple of pages back to the Colts pre-game discussion.

We'll win this one going away.

16. nysuperscum

nysuperscum New Member

If we can score 0 against SF, that has to be worth 20 points on the Dolphins, no?

17. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

Well, Sanchez wasn't that much better in that game. Both QBs stunk the joint up. He threw for more yards but his completion % wasn't anything to rave about. We ran the ball quite well in that game though.

I expect another slug fest.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Might be another ugly game, for the dolphins. If Reggie Bush can't run and the Jets passing game is like the Patriots game, the dolphins will get destroyed.

19. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

I am probably the fan who put Tannehill on a really short leash, the shortest leash I could find.

a) I wanted Moore to start and felt he didn't get a fair shake. Especially when we got that Gerard dude in pre season.

b) once Tannehill started bargaining and threaten to sit out the season and re-enter the draft next year he was on my shit list

c) for that bundle of money he got and being our first round pick at #8 I was extremely critical. Very little margin of error. After game one with all those tipped balls all I thought was 'oh geez, Henne Jr"

But I must tell you that he has won me over. He has pocket presence, makes smart decisions, mobility, can make every throw and has a strong arm. And what I like to see in a rookie: he learns from his mistakes.

You may think that he ain't shit this year but believe me he will give you guys fits for years to come.

Nobody is really pumping Tannehill. Those who speak highly of him have seen him play and see the potential. And please don't forget: as much as Jets fans, or should I say Sanchez fans, complain who Sanchez has to throw too please look with who Tannehill has to learn the ABC in the NFL. This is the only downfall for this coaching staff so far that they did not replace Marshall properly.

#79 Phins_4_Ever, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Jets will destroy Tannehill and the Phins this Sunday. Bank on it.