2012 Week 4 - New York Jets vs. San Francisco 49'ers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 23, 2012.

1. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

49ers don't score that many points and our secondary is still "good" for alex smith. Its their defense that is going to cause major problems for us. Our defense needs to come up with turnovers for good field position. I predict this will be a loooong game. Its going to be a grind it out match back and forth with whoever has the better run game will win. Sadly theirs is better so I'm hoping we step it up.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

ANY
    GIVEN
    SUNDAY

[​IMG]

3. Rawrk

Rawrk New Member

i don't think this is an impossible game.

the 49ers match up better against teams with good offenses and poor defenses.

fortunately, we are blessed with neither of those. ;\

their offense isn't going to light us up even without revis. it's just a matter of us being able to scratch out enough points against that defense.

one big play from our defense or special teams could be the difference here.

4. jetsandtheunder

Special teams and D can win this game for us

5. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is a really bad eliminator pick. Going against a team at home that has already won a couple of games early. He deserves to get booted from the pool for making that pick over the Ravens/Browns.

For the Jets to win tomorrow there are three things that would really improve their chances:

1. They have to stop the run well when the opponent is not down their main back.

2. They have to run the ball well against a good defense.

3. The 49ers have to have an off-game.

If they get one of the first two they might squeak by in a low scoring affair. If they get both they win. If they get neither they lose. And 3 is a real possibility given the game the 49ers played last week.

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think the opposite here. I would like to see the Jets spread it out against SF. Using Powell more and with Keller back, Sparano should be looking to get favorable matchups in the middle of the field.

8. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

everybody picking the 9ers. shud be interesting.

9. dreamsfloatjoe

dreamsfloatjoe New Member

Greetings all! :) Suspect this game today is going to be extremely painful to watch. :sad:

Maybe, One Five = Exciting, maybe.
    :beer:

:jets:

10. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

10am Pacific at kickoff, right? Hopefully we can score a few times whilst they finish off their breakfast.

11. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

While I would love for the Jets to pull off the big win today, I just don't see it happening. So with that in mind, I hope our public execution goes quick and clean. :(

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The 49ers have a good defense. If the Jets can't run the ball then we're going to be passing out of bad situations all day long. That's just not going to work.

The way the Jets can win this game on offense is to control the flow and get some decent drives going that both eat the clock and wind up with TD's at the end of them.

If the offense keeps going 5 or 6 and out, let alone 3 and out, it's going to be a long day with a gassed Jets defense by the end of it. The ideal Jets first drive would be 80 yards on 10 plays with 5 runs mixed in.

Of course it's more likely if we win that the 49er's offense was out of sync and turned the ball over a few times and couldn't put the game away leaving the door open for a late drive to win it. That's where the "spread wins it" scenario comes into play. One quick drive and a stolen win, the way Sanchez has done several times in the past, albeit against worse defenses than this.

#192 Br4d, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has always been up and down, I think he has an up week. Mix in some Tebow shenanigans and we win.

And while we're at it...where is all the shock and awe we were promised from the Tebow package? Rex had better unleash it soon if he wants to stay ahead of the NE.

15. endydee

endydee Active Member

Unfortunately for me I am not in one of the widely televised regions. I get the Patriots and Bills, where I live. Just shoot me and put me out of my misery.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So you think the Jets are going to let off the gas a little in the 4th quarter then?

17. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Probably late in the 2nd when Mcknight takes over at QB.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Clever.

You must be in a Bills region so they can't broadcast against the Bills home game unfortunately. :sad:

19. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Same here. I can't watch the game anyway as I have a family event to attend. So I'm missing a game that is not televised in my area that we're probably going to get destroyed in...could be worse.

20. Henryflo1

Henryflo1 Member

Hill is not playing right?