2012 NFL DRAFT ROUNDS 6 & 7 / Discussions

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 28, 2012.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

where did it say what position he was going to play and that he would be switching to play ILB?

2. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I liked our late picks maybe even more than our early ones. I like the Bush pick and the Allen pick especially. We should look at Phillip Thomas as an UDFA

3. PoPo

PoPo Member

to be honest I wanted him to be takn with our last pick but if he didn't get drafted I say bung I'm as UDFA

4. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

We took a little LBer to eventually replace Bart Scott named Demario Davis, a DB of some sorts named Josh Bush and a hard hitting safety named Antiono Allen who may be slow.

Seems we may have missed out on a few components I thought were key.

5. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Tanny said in the post draft press conference.

6. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

quite right

*shrugs* to my mind it was a very solid draft with the potential to be a great one. Unless you have 6+ picks in the first 2 rounds you are never going to get close to addressing all your needs in the draft (and it seems that they just havent seen a tackle prosepect that they have liked thats offered good value).

7. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Of course, I want to be wrong. But I don't see this draft as a very good one. Hey, it could be a great one three years from now. I just had in my head how easy this draft could be - draft an OLB, a RT and a FS - then use 7 other picks to create some camp competition. Well, we didn't do any of that. We got a guy to compete with Ropati Potato (sp?) and Mike Devito. A WR who will actually look rawer then a guy that spent a few years in prison. And a small LBer to eventually replace Bart Scott. I don't see any immediate changes for this team that was 8-8. /buzzkill